Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dungarvan MotorHome Facilities/Poor behaviour.

• 12-06-2021 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Poor behaviour by a few MH owners.

There was a thread a while ago re parking in Dungarvan.

For a long time this simply entailed parking up in the car park facilities below the Town park.

Local campsite owners objected,as far as I know, and tried to have MHs banned.

Various people took up the challenge and the a member of the Phoenix MotorHome Club made a presentation to Dungarvan Co Co,as it was then, on the value of providing regulated facilities for motorhome owners.

The Co Co agreed to develop a site at Quanns in front of the Sports Centre;
    Google Maps 52.08484, -7.6221.

Some progress has been made but COVID,it seems has delayed matters.

I was in Dungarvan last weekend, don't have MH now, and it was busy with MHs in quite a few locations. However the weekend before was much busier with many MHs and some unacceptable behaviour.

At least one MH person was caught on camera dumping food/refuse over the sea wall below the Town Park. Dumped food/refuse has been seen in other parts also when the tide goes out.

Some are blocking off spaces in that car park and using them for their chairs and tables.

One car owner was challenged as to why he was pulling into a space, his reply "because I ******* live here". The overflow of cars etc had prevented him from parking at his home.

This type of behaviour is building resentment amongst the Locals who heretofore have been very welcoming of MHs. I know quite a few people there, especially people living close to the Town Park and who are most affected by this unreasonable behaviour.

So, those MH owners please respect whatever area you park in and call out those you see being neglectful.

There is a Traffic Warden in the Town and I can easily see much more stringent application of Parking Laws,which are very slack around there at the moment, as a first retalitory step aginst such behaviour and ALL MH visitors will then be affected.

Advertisement