Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a tennis coach

• 04-06-2021 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Does anybody know of anyone offering lessons in South Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Hey,

Does anybody know of anyone offering lessons in South Dublin?

I am guessing you are not a member of a tennis club. Most clubs have coaches in them who you can book lessons with but if you are not a member you may not be allowed take lessons or there maybe limits on the lessons you can take and then you might need to join. Not too sure if there are coaches that do lessons on public courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Hey, yeah sorry I meant to say I want something with a little less commitment than a club(for now) but also something that will hopefully keep me playing over a longer period than usual.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You could check and see if there is any Parks Tennis around you, they might offer coaching.

Actually you could try the coach directly and see if they can give lessons without being a member. Try Tennis Coach Ireland here: TCI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

I know one coach, a young guy, very professional James 083 0371040. He coaches a lot around south dublin.
    I play in Marley park and bushy park, I've seen people coached at these public courts.
    If you fancy a game shout. Also if you wanted to bring on your game, I'd 100% recommend joining a club and playing a variety of levels and experience, really brought on my game and it's enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭redzerredzer

James in Ashbrook mentioned above is a nice guy and good player. We played his team in league a couple of times.
    OP in which area in South Dublin are you looking to get coaching. Loads of good options out there.
    Some but not all of the clubs would have a rule that you must be a member.
    Coaching in Dublin is going to be at least €30 with many coaches being €40-€50 and a few being €60 plus. The most expensive I know of is €80 (I think) and he was €100 plus during the boom.
    You don’t need a €60 plus coach as a beginner.
    I’d also highly recommend joining a club. It’s the only way to stick with it and improve properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

If you are interested in a club in South Dublin, Mount Pleasant is a great club, good social scene and a great bar - one of the best pints of Guinness (at least a few years back) ...

http://www.mountpleasantltc.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The problem you have is that most coaches are affiliated to a club and run their lessons through the club and as was stated above you may be able to a few lessons before having to commit. I am sure if you contact a coach to ask for lessons on public courts it can be arranged so long as it doesn't impact on their club commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,621 ✭✭✭✭josip

I must confess to having being at one of their 505 nights a few years ago

Advertisement