Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spotlight to hanging bulb!

• 04-06-2021 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

I have spot lights in my living room which were fine until a few years ago when a painter pulled them out to paint around them. Since then they have never fit properly back in the hole they came out of! They are visible falling out, occasionally come fully out and need to be pressed in. The light in both has now completely stopped working!

I want to go back to normal hanging lights if possible but wondered how feasible this is with a large hole in the ceiling!

Does anyone know what options I might have or have suggestions as to how I might fix the hole in the ceiling? Has anyone had any experience of doing this?

The current situation looks dreadful!

https://imgur.com/toBd41Z

https://imgur.com/qXXoYMr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The springs have most likely taken a chunk of plaster, move the fitting around slightly till you get a better grab on the plaster.

If that won't work get a slightly bigger fitting to go into the hole, you may need to shave it to necessary size.

If the lamps aren't working it's either the bulb or transformer if these are LV spots.

You could replace transformer or change to gu10s which just need the 230v supply so you take transformer out and put in new tails to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Just take them out and use a bit chaulk around the spotlight
    Push it back in and hold it for a sec or two and they never will fall out again
    Did it here 5 years ago and still sits on their place

Advertisement