Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart thermostats as part of energy provider sign up deals

• 18-05-2021 2:48pm

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I've recently upgraded my boiler and while I was on a single zone beforehand I'm now on a dual zone system. So my Netatmo is no use anymore.

Anyone know is it ok to switch energy provider again and choose a different provider that supplies a dual system smart thermostat as part of the sign up deal? Can you get the thermostats twice? I remember hearing that's it's an EU grant based system and there's only one grant per customer but not sure if I heard that correct. If someone has more information in it it would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I don’t think any money claimed by company is linked to you.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 23,250 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I don’t think any money claimed by company is linked to you.

It’s Linked to the address. You can only avail of it once. S Although I’m not sure how stringent the utilities are at doing checks

I think I'll chance it. The risk I suppose is that they give it to me, then find out after I had one before and bill me for it. I'll chance it and see how it goes

Advertisement