Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacho Digi card

• 26-03-2021 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I recently lost my tacho digi card for work, I drive rigid trucks for my employer, who do I request a new one from? Any idea of the cost?

Also, I have built up a good driving/hours/breaks history over the last few years will all this data be lost when I'm issued a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

For the replacement, go to rsa.ie, under the "Professional Drivers" section you can select "Tachograph Cards" and then on the right go to the online order system. Think it's around 50 euro

I think you'll need to print a pre-filled form and get it stamped by a Garda for a lost card, then scan/post back to them.

Don't worry about the history, it only stores about 55 days full driving on the card chip. The rest is in your employers records, they should be downloading it every 30 days roughly.

You need to take manual print outs any days you're driving without a card in the head and sign it off also.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭novaboy80

irishfire wrote: »
    For the replacement, go to rsa.ie, under the "Professional Drivers" section you can select "Tachograph Cards" and then on the right go to the online order system. Think it's around 50 euro

I think you'll need to print a pre-filled form and get it stamped by a Garda for a lost card, then scan/post back to them.

Don't worry about the history, it only stores about 55 days full driving on the card chip. The rest is in your employers records, they should be downloading it every 30 days roughly.

You need to take manual print outs any days you're driving without a card in the head and sign it off also.

Cool, thanks very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

€45 to replace it online, €60 to replace it through the postal service. Had to do it once, a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

novaboy80 wrote: »

Also, I have built up a good driving/hours/breaks history over the last few years will all this data be lost when I'm issued a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Why would you care about your driving history?

Advertisement