Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Comic book grading from ireland

• 14-03-2021 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi and good evening

I am not a comic collectors but

I have two comics I would love to get graded and store them correctly.

They are a bit oddball but I have had them since new in the early 90s

Back in the 90s mortal kombat arcade games 1 and 2 had a mail order offer for comic books, I sent off and have them since in their mailing envelopes. What is the process to submit for grading and the cost etc?

Any advice would be great

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Deseras

New Mutants #98' (1991): $7,500
    Elseworlds 80-Page Giant #1' (1999): $4,700
    Uncanny X-Men #266' (1990): $3,200
    Bone #1' (1991): $3,200
    Spawn #1' With Manufacturing Error (1992): $2,800
    'Batman Adventures #12' (1993): $2,500
    Danger Girl #2' With Ruby Red Smoking Gun Variant (1998): $2,250
    The Maxx' Ashcan #3 (1993): $2,100

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Deseras wrote: »
    New Mutants #98' (1991): $7,500
    Elseworlds 80-Page Giant #1' (1999): $4,700
    Uncanny X-Men #266' (1990): $3,200
    Bone #1' (1991): $3,200
    Spawn #1' With Manufacturing Error (1992): $2,800
    'Batman Adventures #12' (1993): $2,500
    Danger Girl #2' With Ruby Red Smoking Gun Variant (1998): $2,250
    The Maxx' Ashcan #3 (1993): $2,100

OK not sure that post was for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

OK not sure that post was for me...

Ignore them they're a troll and a poor one at that.
    Eh comicsireland.ie or something similar is cgc affiliated they may be able to point you in the direction, or give you an idea if worth while.

Grading is usually relatively expensive and done for rare or valuable items, the cost could be vastly more than your books would ever be worth just be aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Hi and good evening

I am not a comic collectors but

I have two comics I would love to get graded and store them correctly.

They are a bit oddball but I have had them since new in the early 90s

Back in the 90s mortal kombat arcade games 1 and 2 had a mail order offer for comic books, I sent off and have them since in their mailing envelopes. What is the process to submit for grading and the cost etc?

Any advice would be great

To echo the previous poster, the cost of sending those books to CGC to be slabbed would almost certainly be more money than they are worth.

You'd probably be looking at around 20-25 quid per comic at a minimum I would guess, plus postage etc

JayRoc wrote: »
    To echo the previous poster, the cost of sending those books to CGC to be slabbed would almost certainly be more money than they are worth.

You'd probably be looking at around 20-25 quid per comic at a minimum I would guess, plus postage etc

You see this is the dilemma, the two comics i have seem to be expensive maybe £1000 each. Found them yesterday on ebay and they are mad money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭JayRoc

You see this is the dilemma, the two comics i have seem to be expensive maybe £1000 each. Found them yesterday on ebay and they are mad money

Good for you!
    Well in that case, having them slabbed would likely increase their value if you want to sell them.

There is (or at least there was) an agent for CGC in Ireland. His phone number is 086-306-8146.

Alternatively check out their website. Best of luck

JayRoc wrote: »
    Good for you!
    Well in that case, having them slabbed would likely increase their value if you want to sell them.

There is (or at least there was) an agent for CGC in Ireland. His phone number is 086-306-8146.

Alternatively check out their website. Best of luck

Thanks a million will check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭AnRothar

From what I could see there are 3 available on eBay from different sellers.
    1 is certified graded vf/mint while the next is fn with the last ungraded.
    Follow the eBay listing to see what they actually sell for.

Advertisement