Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Best of luck this year, i hope to make Enniscrone but will have to play it by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Inter club commitments and distance to Munster make it unlikely I will make many this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Am I too late to sign up for this? Think I'd be able to make 3 events as Kilkea is practically on my doorstep and Castlecomer and West Waterford wouldn't be too far away. I've only just joined a club this year and haven't got my handicap yet though would probably have it by the 19th of June all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,812 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Am I too late to sign up for this? Think I'd be able to make 3 events as Kilkea is practically on my doorstep and Castlecomer and West Waterford wouldn't be too far away. I've only just joined a club this year and haven't got my handicap yet though would probably have it by the 19th of June all going well.

nope
    just look at my signature there and send me all your info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭benny79

You a member of kilkea? As it's on my doorstep too and I'm a member. If you ever want a game?

• Advertisement

benny79 wrote: »
    You a member of kilkea? As it's on my doorstep too and I'm a member. If you ever want a game?

Might have been a slight exaggeration :o I'm living in Carlow town so only a 15ish minute drive out the road from me, Carlow is my home course.

Seve OB wrote: »
    nope
    just look at my signature there and send me all your info

Sent you a PM Seve. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Unfortunately I have taken out my name for KC as it is clashing with a team competition I am playing. In case I am not selected I will see if there are still available places for this and still possible to join.

Enjoy, looking forward to attending one outing at least this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Concerned2

signed up for Kilkea. Thanks guys for organizing this , should be a bit of craic. Hopefully some summer weather will appear on the day !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Any update on Ryder Jug and GOTY points after Kilkea?

• Advertisement

Any update on Ryder Jug and GOTY points after Kilkea?

I’ll get it sorted. But busy now, might be the morning

Golfer of the year update after Kilkea

556819.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭benny79

ooh Its tight at the Top :D

sorry, there were actually a couple of errors in the previous table, I just realised as I updated this week. Some of the newer members were not previously included

Here is the state of play now

After Castlecomer

A little reshuffle at the top , its tight up there now

😉

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Congrats Seve on taking the lead and well done for getting the table updated so quickly. Society is indebted to you for your continuing hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

things very interesting around the top 10 too. Everyone as far as Pakman has 5 events minimum played, so need an improved score to increase. Next 2, Doublecross & Roadrunner with 4 played so could be a good jump with a decent fifth score. Few more with potential for jumps with one big win

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is that tiny for anyone else? Even when it opens, it seems to be strangely small.

Its an unfortunate byproduct of trying to create an image from a large spreadsheet and trying to fit all users names and results.

Might be worth considering posting a section, maybe just the top 20 and just the total scores alongside the overall table?

Yes I only noticed that after. I’ll do a better version tomorrow on my pc in work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Hi guys.

Just spotted this thread.

Would love to join next year. Great variation in courses.

how's this? i actually think it's new boards... just keeps resizing the image to poorer resolution... i used to be able to pick a resolution 

PDF attachment might be better

Post edited by Seve OB on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Same. I’ve always meant to get involved. Next year should be ample opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snackbox20

Oh wow,

It is going helter - skelter in the top 10. I haven't seen this much juggling and vying for a top 10 spot since the late nineties when the Kelly family were claiming they had a better single than the Corrs only to be scuppered by Christy Moore and the there were the mighty juggernauts at the top of the table Hanson vs Nickleback.

That trudge and challenge at Castlecomer has me falling out of the top 10 and I'm gutted now that I am missing West Waterford as I am on holidays up the west and then Donegal from next Wednesday.

West Waterford is a lovely course, I think the first par 3 is one where it slopes slightly downhill, there is a hedge across the fairway that guards the green along with a lake to the left.

I remember this well :D

For those of you that will get to play this gem, enjoy and I hope to see you for Captains in September.

Snackbox

I’m only at the top for a quick look

my money on Slave1 to be taking golfer of the year. I’ll be missing Waterford so expect to see him take an unassailable lead into the final round

Numbers are very low for Waterford, so he could have it in the bag with a good performance. 2 wins in one GOTY season would usually put anyone close to uncatchable.

Pretty much everyone who turns up, even coming last will likely show them increase their best 5 total

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Snackbox20

Playing Enniscrone this morning in their open singles. See what lies ahead of captain's.

There's a fair few par 5s. So I best leave early now, get to the range and buy more balls 😁😁

Low turnout in Waterford has really shaken things up in the Golfer of the year.

By my reckoning anyone of the top 6 can claim the top spot depending on how the results fall in the final event.

sorry, the new boards is messing with the resolution of image making it hard to read, pdf attached now

• Advertisement

Need @paulos53 to run one of his permutations run downs for the final day

Post edited by spacecoyote on

Advertisement