Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASOT Simon Patterson set - one of his better mixes?

• 10-11-2020 2:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Last set before covid lockdown.

His own 3 tracks at the end are legit.

Great set overall, very melodic vs tech trance.

Anyone ever been to these events?

I've been to Amsterdam dance event but it's different being outdoors with clusters of small stages etc.

When the camera pans to the audience in that vid, yeah..... kind of funny looking.

It seems exclusively a dance event with lots of old timers?
    Not to much canoodling going down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,928 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

never been to ASOT no.
    this was a good set but certainly not his best ever, you would need to go back to his earlier years for much much better.

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

never been to ASOT no.
    this was a good set but certainly not his best ever, you would need to go back to his earlier years for much much better.

As in, 2015 or so?

He did a nice studio mix in the Netherlands here - really psychedelic style back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Simon Patterson discussed on boards.ie? Didn't think I would see it.

"Us" from that set is a masterpiece. Would prefer if he went back to that style of trance production and move away from the psytrance he's gotten into. Or on the other hand he has these vocal trance tracks with Lucy Pullin that are more like trance remixes of pop songs. Don't really listen to him anymore for those reasons.

Any other top tracks from this producer?

He's been around so long it's hard to know what his best work is (technically it's mostly/all "underground" anyways...?).

I'm really feeling that tech production with female vocals of Lucy Pullen.

It's all about personal preference but...

Some nice vocals on this one...

0:56 hits a sweet spot for me here...

Both of the above are over 10 years old, wow, time flies.

• Advertisement

^^ That first track is legit.

I checked out a couple of the remixes, Jordan Suckley mix might actually have the edge on the original.

Any other top Patterson tracks, keep them coming (as there's essentially over a decades worth of material to sift through).

I've checked out his top playlists but he actually does a lot of "melancholic" trance - which is absolutely not my thing.

Psy/tech/vocal trance he produces however, I would totally slam to.

Can't remember any more off the top of my head. Was listening to this today though, you may appreciate it.

Wait for 6:09...

Track at 1:23:30

Anyone know what it's called?

Producers set so assume its one of his own tracks.

Track at 1:23:30

Anyone know what it's called?

Producers set so assume its one of his own tracks.

It’s the previously mentioned “Us”. His best ever track. Absolutely f**kin unreal.

Jesus what a tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭1cxb0tkuav6p4l

I started listening to some of S.P. radio broadcasts and, although not self produced, he does have an ear for really peripheral, really unknown but extremely cool tech/psy updates and remixes.

Decent remix of "Dirty Vegas - Days" by camelphat, of all producers (whom I'm really not a fan of their usual stuff).

• Advertisement

Yeah that's an uncharacteristically nice remix by CamelPhat. Nice progressive sound.

Patterson doesn't seem particularly committed to his radio show. Goes months or longer sometimes without releasing one, which seems to be the norm for the VII crowd which is frustrating. Most producers that I listen to release one each week, every week without fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭1cxb0tkuav6p4l

Seems to be the case but I just found he has 218 two hour episodes on soundcloud, should keep me going for a while.

Really liking this psy trance sound.

Only had exposure to it by way of whatever cropped up on a ASOT radio shows previously.

Back when above and beyond did trance-around-the-world they seemed to broadcast more intense trance tracks like some psy/tech material, but since it became group-therapy it seems distinctly more chill type of vibe, so I quit listening to that long ago.

Above & Beyond were so good in the 00s. Some of their productions from that era are still among my favourites of all time. Tri State and the old Anjunabeats compilations are all great albums.

Advertisement