Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound analysis

• 06-01-2020 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping someone could point me in the direction of sound analysis freeware that is worthwhile downloading? It does need to be pretty user friendly!

I'll be looking for inconsistencies in what should be a fairly regular rhythm. The sound will then be compared to human perception of inconsistencies in that rhythm.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sound Analysis Pro 2011 is a free, open code software for analysis of animal communication. Check out the vid to see if it might meet with your research needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Black Swan wrote: »
    Sound Analysis Pro 2011 is a free, open code software for analysis of animal communication. Check out the vid to see if it might meet with your research needs.

That looks great! I'm measuring the sound of footfall, so I'm hoping it doesn't pick up too much, if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I can't get it to install properly as it won't create a database for me. Oh well! I downloaded Audacity, and I'll see if it's usable.

Advertisement