Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Aaron Chalmers on The MMA Hour today. I wonder how much Ariel got paid to have him on? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭xtal191

Bisping vs another welterweight anyone?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc465dngSK3/
    gamebredfighter Prediction: Gets offered the fight turns it down
    Prediction 2: All corny welterweights start calling on thy name ...........
    1. I know a lot of you fighters grew up watching me. STOP trying to be me you know who you are.... this is to ww’s in particular 2. Stop being #corny
    3. Enjoy this little #gem between me and @mikebisping #BackyardstoBrightLights
    #gamebred #realisback

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don’t know why he’d post that conversation, Bisping clearly got the better of him in that exchange, in part by forming actual proper sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Does he even realise Biping made him look like an asshole and just walked away from the conversation? Awks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lol he starts the whole exchange and then ends it by saying there is no beef!

Not the best banter really. Still love me some Gamebred though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

"hey hoe asss"
    Really..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

just heard paddy holohan on his podcast saying richie smullen has done really well for himself at the TUF trails, id take it that he made the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

As if I didn't love Van Damme enough already! The Crazy bastid. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,459 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bring back Goldie, HEERRREE WEEEEE GOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/MightyMouseUFC/status/943536467090989056

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Surely he'll ask Floyd to drop down and fight once to show he can make 125 before taking that fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,183 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Surely Floyd will say "who the f*#k is that guy"?

Can't stand DJ. That flying armbar in his last fight was like something out of a video game but the guy just irritates me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Can't stand DJ. That flying armbar in his last fight was like something out of a video game but the guy just irritates me

The ducking of tj was the final straw for me. Great fighter but has beaten many bang average fighters on his streak

ricero wrote: »
    The ducking of tj was the final straw for me. Great fighter but has beaten many bang average fighters on his streak

The guy is a great talent for sure but what % of the male population can make 125? The talent pool he is up against is nothing compared to 155/170/185. I know he can only beat whats in front of him but no one really even knows the guys who he fights against, minus one or two defenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

What were the first straws?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I've always hated his celebration when he gets the belt put on. It's like he thinks he's a real life superhero. Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I know he's great
    Super skilled
    Well rounded

But he's a midget and I just can't help but dismiss him.
    I know it's a strange logic but obviously I'm not alone in that assessment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

jcd5971 wrote: »
    I know he's great
    Super skilled
    Well rounded

But he's a midget and I just can't help but dismiss him.
    I know it's a strange logic but obviously I'm not alone in that assessment

Definitely not. I can't stand him. He's just not a very interesting guy. Fight sports need big characters and MM couldn't be duller.

May be controversial but I don't really care much for his fights either. He's extremely skilled and fast and the rest of it but it's just not interesting for me when I know the people he's fighting are so out of their depth against him.

Carroller wrote: »
    I've always hated his celebration when he gets the belt put on. It's like he thinks he's a real life superhero. Very annoying

Him and Dodson remind me of a child that has had too much sugar and are all hyper. Just no interest in the 125 pound division at all, if it was cut id be happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Marlon Monroe what a clown. Looks for the fight to step in. Can't make 138, Can't make 140 Can't make 145 then makes a video about it being on his terms. Hope he doesn't get the fight now, clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Beersmith

He looks terrible and still has to shed about 15 pounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He looks fine, the last 13 lbs will be easy work for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Looks in the best shape of his career to me. I expect to see the best khabib we've ever seen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm hoping Barboza lights him up and doesn't give him a chance to get to the ground.

Reasonable part of my brain is saying he's going to catch one of his kicks and that'll be it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Beersmith wrote: »
    He looks terrible and still has to shed about 15 pounds.

Looks terrible lol he looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

To be fair he looks gaunt in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'm hoping Barboza lights him up and doesn't give him a chance to get to the ground.

Reasonable part of my brain is saying he's going to catch one of his kicks and that'll be it though.
    Think he( KN) will win comfortably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Looks terrible lol he looks great

If it was weigh ins id say he looks good but this is before shedding water. Looks extremely gaunt already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement