Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NWA (National Wrestling Alliance)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Marti belle is good enough in the ring I just wouldn't let her talk again until she becomes more comfortable at it. Melina will help just from her experience alone. The question mark is just over like **** and he's a guy under a mask. A simple thing done right imagine that. Yeah at the start her not talking was interesting because you had to watch because she might talk the next week but it's been seven weeks now so it's time to talk or go home.

Is it just me or is it Jocephus under that bloody thing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,441 ✭✭✭✭briany

Is it just me or is it Jocephus under that bloody thing!?

Obviously. Pity because I figure it's building up to a reveal where ? attacks someone and reveals himself as Jocephus. It would be better just to leave him a a separate character.

I imagine him and Stevens will piss the roster off with their antics for weeks until Jocephus is finally exposed.

Latimer seems to be a bit too good to be in a tag team even if they're tag champs. Given him and Kamille are together they've a ready made world title feud with Aldis there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I like that loads are vying to be NWA World Champion. First the Tim Storm arc. Then James Storm actively denigrating the National Championship in favour of the top one. Eli Drake or Mr Anderson could step up at anytime, Drake had actually name dropped himself into the conversation. Then you've the Trevor Murdoch bit from this week too.

Aldis carries himself exceptionally well. He's got the tweener vibe down perfectly. Compliments opponents and does it for the fans but is very cocky and smarmy.

Oh and that damn intro "Into the Fiyah!" is in my head all week.

Have to say I've enjoyed Murdoch's work so far on the show and he's over with the audience. I hope the Cornette thing doesn't get him any negative throwback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Aldis/Storm announced as the main event of Into the Fire in a best of three falls match for the NWA Worlds Heavyweight championship, should be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Wonder was that non-episode this week Cornette related?

No NWA Powerrr this week I think but Wade Barrett has been announced as Cornette's replacement on the commentary team for this weekend's PPV and the shoots of the next batch of episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

anyone gonna order into the fire?

Think I will, at feck all else this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dannocasey

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Wonder was that non-episode this week Cornette related?

No. On his podcast Corny said that package episode was always planned for episode eight. Though the content may have changed from originally planned.

dannocasey wrote: »
    No. On his podcast Corny said that package episode was always planned for episode eight. Though the content may have changed from originally planned.

It wasn't great planning to run 2 episodes short of the PPV, that same editor who cost us all Cornette more than likely guilty there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dannocasey

Marty Scurll showed up at their PPV last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Seemed to get a decent pop... I’d imagine it’s short term as he’ll sign else where for much bigger money... must say I find the question mark character very funny

Not sure.
    The next ppv is January. So they'll be taping episodes soon and enough to carry up until the ppv.
    So if he is just in for 'season 2' why do it in the first place if AEW was or is interested.

Cabana Is totally done with ROH too. Reckon he is raging over that. Nice little earner even commentating for him.

Enjoyed that episode, a reset of sorts to go with the new season. Some promising storylines established.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I'm really enjoying NWA since after Into The Fire PPV. It is pity that not a lot of people are talking about it compared to AEW.

I'm really enjoying NWA since after Into The Fire PPV. It is pity that not a lot of people are talking about it compared to AEW.

I caught Meltzer talking about it briefly once, and I could sense in his voice the sheer disinterest. Powerrr is a throwback to a time Meltzer insists is now dead, so giving them credit doesn't suit him.

The show still needs to hone itself, for example having Alison Kaye and ODB have a girl talk on the latest show is all kinds of weird. The tweener stuff with Drake is getting tiresome as well.

But in the main it's still a deeply enjoyable way to spend an hour.

I think they have done a good job in making me care about Tim Storm this week with video package.

I think they have done a good job in making me care about Tim Storm this week with video package.

Yeah I enjoyed that. Aldis plays a prick so well which makes it even better.

• Advertisement

Yeah I enjoyed that. Aldis plays a prick so well which makes it even better.

Plays?

:pac:

Wasn't expecting to see Scott Steiner walk out as the third man on Aldis' team, love it! Really good episode I thought, Thunder Rosa and Ricky Starks have great potential.

I am only one that doesn't skip the intro every week.

They only started to do proper intros over the last two episodes so I don't skip them.

Really love Aldis. I know the audience are in part playing up to it but jesus....that heat the second he walks out from the curtain and stares at the booing crowd. So simple.....so effective.

That Zicky Dice dude is a similar case. Pretty good at drawing boos with minimal effort. Love it.

This week's extended episode was one of the best yet I thought, good balance between in-ring action and promos. They have built excellently to the PPV, and the working relationship with ROH can only be a good thing for both, it's been really good so far, very much looking forward to Aldis/Gordon now.

The gauntlet match was good this week, as was Belle/Kay and Aldis/Morton, and Corgan was surprisingly good on commentary. Melina, Rosa and Marti are stars of the show for me so far still though, great group, hopefully Rosa takes the belt on Friday.

Bought the replay.....love the concept of the TV championship with the 6 minute time limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I can watch an hour+ of this straight through without getting bored.

I get bored watching the weekly 5 minute Raw Top Ten Moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Liked the long episode of Power. Hate that they constantly shoe horn “10 lbs of gold” in at EVERY opportunity. Got a good laugh out of Question Mark and Sandow and Bennet selling it on commentary was very good

Anyone watch Hard Times?
    Stroke Daddy, Thunder Rosa and Aldis...now that's what I call champions worth tuning in for.

• Advertisement

Thunder Rosa is a star, her match with Kay was great, delighted she won. The TV Title tournament and the Aldis/Villain Enterprise stuff continues to be really good, another very enjoyable show from NWA.

Advertisement