Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I do like the European tour events though.

The European Tour events are ranked tournaments where every player has a chance to qualify so they are proper tournaments and enjoyable ones.

I agree with gramar that they need to be spread around a few other countries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

do PDC fly in 100s of players too Dublin the weekend before the Grand Prix to play in the European Championships or whatever those events are ???

are the public allowed in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

PTH2009 wrote:
    do PDC fly in 100s of players too Dublin the weekend before the Grand Prix to play in the European Championships or whatever those events are ???

PTH2009 wrote:
    are the public allowed in

Yeah, players championship on for 2 days before the grand prix. Not open to public though. You need an invite from a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

MVG in big trouble now , bad loss to Barney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

peteeeed wrote: »
    MVG in big trouble now , bad loss to Barney

He wasn't at the races at all today.
    You could see them have a quick word after it finished.
    It looks like MvG was answering 'I don't know' most likely having been
    asked by Barney why he played badly.

Mensur has had two very good wins and no-one will fancy him on that from.
    I hope he goes all the way, Interesting character.

• Advertisement

Managed to get Mensor to win this out at 26/1 yesterday, still hopefull.

Peter Wright threw the match away and then his darts!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sheepers

What was the offensive thing the BBC commentator said that the presenter had to just apologise for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Some 160 checkout to win for Suljovic. Barney on 32 after 9 darts to put on loads of pressure

Amazing finish , very hard to watch some of the matches when Dan (Alan partridge ) is commentating

• Advertisement

Amazing finish , very hard to watch some of the matches when Dan (Alan partridge ) is commentating

Taylor at it again

Taylor at it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Fair play to Taylor for reminding us one last time what a classless piece of dirt he is. Good riddance.

Oh but it’s all good natured , good old Phil ...........f*ck right off and retire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

First time watching this week, who are the commentators?

Would like to see Mensur win here.

danganabu wrote: »
    Fair play to Taylor for reminding us one last time what a classless piece of dirt he is. Good riddance.

What did he do?

Gary looks a bit frustrated, C'mon Mensur.

I still think Mensur will bottle it, wish I had done him each way!!

A cert for the premier league this year now? They can't ignore him any longer. MensurMania

Incredible mensur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Managed to get Mensor to win this out at 26/1 yesterday, still hopefull.

Hope you had a nice bet great result!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Nice to see someone different win. Good lad Mensur.

I still think Mensur will bottle it, wish I had done him each way!!

A cert for the premier league this year now? They can't ignore him any longer. MensurMania

Enjoy the winnings!

Only had a 5r on it lads. I've probably lost more than the 135 backing him over the last 2 years. Absolutely delighted for him! What a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

cert for the premier league this year now? They can't ignore him any longer. MensurMania

Apparently he himself decided not to be considered for this years PL, didn't sign the pre-contract that all the T16 are asked to sign in December. Felt it would be detrimental to his season (plenty of players have had mare seasons after a bad PL) and the travelling would mean he might actually lose money.
    There was a good interview posted here at the time.

Apparently he himself decided not to be considered for this years PL, didn't sign the pre-contract that all the T16 are asked to sign in December. Felt it would be detrimental to his season (plenty of players have had mare seasons after a bad PL) and the travelling would mean he might actually lose money. There was a good interview posted here at the time.

He said in around July that he didn't want to play in it, thinking he wouldn't ever get an invite. He isn't even playing in the German leg of the world series, the great max Hopp got the invite instead! Pdc don't like mensur, Not marketable.

Delighted for Mensur, very likeable guy and a great story

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Congrats to Mensur, it's a lot of money to win for him and I'm sure he will enjoy it. Outsider for the grand prix ???

That Phil Taylor interview after the semi final was a bit sickening and I understand now why he is disliked. He got a nice job from one of his good friends and he recommends Cardiff for a night out

i think mensur might still be on the stage , really great to see him win and see what it meant to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

What did Taylor say after his Semi-Final?

Advertisement