Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxing betting thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Agree but people like this have luck with bets like this id spend hours studying a horse race go through all the form back a horse then some rag wins with no form and some mug in the bookies backed it because it had a nice name :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

magma69 wrote: »
    I'm taking Billy Joe Saunders by KO/TKO/Disqualification at 2/5 tonight with Boylesports. Pretty much a sure thing imo so I'm slapping a fair few bob on it. He'll be snapping at the heels of the bigger name middleweights in Ireland and the UK if he does the business tonight.

Lots of fights on tonight. What do ye think are the best value bets?

Fook .......... I'm on Nicky Blackwell for a few quid.

will be a good fight bruv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Looks like this bet isn't gonna come through for me. I expected BJS to be more aggressive. Still a bit to go though.

Ah well. My good run has come to an end. :(

Darren Barker is 2/5 to win by KO/TKO or Disqualification on Boylesports. Can't see the 37 year old going the twelve rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭megadodge

I've said all along that Cloud is the right kind of opponent for Hopkins. I know we've said it before, but it depends how much he has left, but without knowing the odds, I reckon Hopkins on points is worth a decent punt.

Darren Barker is 2/5 to win by KO/TKO or Disqualification on Boylesports. Can't see the 37 year old going the twelve rounds.

I dont know if you are betting online , but Skybety are offering
    2/5 for EITHER FIGHTER TO WIN IN ROUND 1-12 INCLUSIVE

This will cover you for the unlikely underdog KO and also if it goes to the points on an early stoppage (e.g. accidental headbutt or similar)

Anyway tonight on ESPN Friday Fight Night we see Victor Manuel Cayo vs Emmanuel Taylor

I am going a small bet on Victor Cayo to win with odds as follows:

Cayo to win 6/4 at BET365

Cayo should be peaking at 28 here with a good blend of experience and physical ability.
    Whilst Taylor is just 22 and untested to some degree.

This fight is scheduled for 10 rounds
    *Taylor has only ever been past the 6th round once (when he lost an eight round split decision)

Bernard Hopkins is the bane of the bookies! How many times has he been bookies underdog and took his opponent to school. What a feckin legend!

Taking the Bellew v Chilemba fight to go the 11th round or over @ 8/11.

Gonna do a small bet on Bellew to be knocked down at 2/1.

where are you getting this bet down ?

I was thinking of going for my regular high-performance bet of :
    Fight to finish Round 7 - 12 (inclusive).

Both in good shape .........

• Advertisement

Silly me forgot to mention that. Them odds are from Skybet.

Any thoughts on the Crolla vs Derry Matthews fight ?

I am always a little hesitant to back a rematch, especially when the loser of the first match is favorite.

More importantly, any opinions on Mike Alvarado @ 7/2 ?

This is another 50/50 type fight in my opinion.
    Mile High looks in much better condition during the weigh in !
    But then Rios always looks skin and bone without definition.......

Got a few bob down on Alvarado on Betfair @ 5.3 (almost 9/2)
    Have been laying this off just to green up my sheet.

Finally, on the German card- I will be backing Denis Grachev as underdog to bet the 40 year old Zsolt Erdei who hasn't fought in ages.

Grachev's record is good and his loss against Bute was clearly a home-town decision.
    He's got the measure of Erdei who may be just getting a one-off pay check at his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Got a few bob down on Alvarado on Betfair @ 5.3 (almost 9/2)
    Have been laying this off just to green up my sheet.

Great odds. I still think that Rios will win but that fight go either way. Well worth a punt at those odds?

Any thoughts on the Crolla vs Derry Matthews fight ?

I am always a little hesitant to back a rematch, especially when the loser of the first match is favorite.

I fancy Crolla. I thought the stoppage last time was a very premature one. That one was Matthew's big night and I really expect Crolla to wear him down for a late stoppage or clear UD.

Rigo on points @ 7/2 with 365. Cracking odds for what I see as a toss up. Think it will either be a Donaire stoppage or a Rigo points victory. Fascinating match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Rigo on points @ 7/2 with 365. Cracking odds for what I see as a toss up. Think it will either be a Donaire stoppage or a Rigo points victory. Fascinating match up.

Can't see the Rigo decision myself. His output is too low.

Get in there!

Only won a small amount on Betfair as I got too greedy and the price on Rigo on pts kept coming in. I was sure there'd be a late widening of the odds again and I missed out on a decent score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Well called in fairness.

Austin Trout is 12/1 to KO Alvarez while Alvarez is 11/4 to win by decision. Might stick a few bob on both of those options.

• Advertisement

I really don't see Trout winning inside (bar cuts), Canelo has a very good chin and excellent balance, but Trout on points could be a better bet.

Not saying it's going to happen, but a slippery, tricky southpaw is every fighter's worst nightmare and I've said all along that this could be a much more difficult fight for Canelo than is generally expected.

Of course, if it's close the big star is unlikely to lose a decision, so I think I'll be covering all the distance options.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,557 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wonder will this fight resemble Chavez-Camacho?

Bets for the weekend:

Alvarez KO - 9/4
    I think Alvarez will stop Trout. I was watching a video of him in the amateurs and his chin seems questionable. He also isn't a hard hitter and I think once Canelo realises this he'll steam him down.

Cleverly Points - 6/4
    He's a better boxer than Krasniqi but wouldn't knock out his own nan.

Tyson Fury - Rounds 5-8 - 11/4
    I think Cunningham is tough but he's just too small. The ref will hopefully wave this off in the middle rounds.

Putting a score on Fury to win by KO/TKO or Disqualification to win just over 32.20 on Ladbrokes. Too big for Cunningham.

FTA69: I like your bets on Fury and Cleverly but I'm staying away from the Canelo fight. The odds aren't good enough imo. Good luck.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Bets for the weekend:

Alvarez KO - 9/4
    I think Alvarez will stop Trout. I was watching a video of him in the amateurs and his chin seems questionable. He also isn't a hard hitter and I think once Canelo realises this he'll steam him down.

Cleverly Points - 6/4
    He's a better boxer than Krasniqi but wouldn't knock out his own nan.

Tyson Fury - Rounds 5-8 - 11/4
    I think Cunningham is tough but he's just too small. The ref will hopefully wave this off in the middle rounds.

Great bet on Fury!

Sweet deal! I've had a week off training and was out on the lash tonight, great feeling to come home to a few bob! If Canelo sparks Trout I'm laughing altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

I fancy Trout in this, he will never be a major ticket seller but he is a very fundamentally sound fighter, Canelo will need to go to a level he has not been at before to win.

Khan to stop Diaz in rounds 7-12 is 11/5 while Garcia to stop Judah in rounds 7-12 is 13/5. Worth a punt?

Deontay Wilder rounds 1-2 @ 6/4 on ladbrokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Deontay Wilder rounds 1-2 @ 6/4 on ladbrokes.

If Wilder wins this, I think rounds 2 & 3 are the most likely. This fight is gonna be tentative as both will be petrified of each other. I'd only have Wilder a slight favourite too, Audley is a real live underdog here.

Advertisement