Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The reason no one likes sale is because the only stuff that goes on sale is the stuff that didn't sell well at full price!! Grrr, I HATE SALES.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

is because the only stuff that goes on sale is the stuff that didn't sell well at full price!!
    On the other hand, shops in Waterford and Dublin tend to sell out of every checked blue and white shirt availible and leave some lovely salmon, peach and lilac shirts behind for the sales. I'll take those, thank you very much.

I went out in Waterford tonight, I saw one of my pet hates. Every girl in the taxi rank dressed to the nines... every guy with them in their shoddiest jeans, dirty dirty converse and whatever unironed tshirt they found most humourous. Most of them weren't wearing jackets - Out of pure curiosity I asked them why (Donned in my winter jacket and scarf myself, at a lovely -4 degree's) and they replied "Oh, we're hard, those jackets are for pussies". I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

It is odd how the ladies who seem to make the biggest effort are with/end up with the most unkempt guys.

/shakes fist at life

Ah it dosn't bother me too much.

I got most compliments on my Burb' scarf than any of the 'lads' in their tshirts at the end of the night :pac:

It makes me laugh more than anything. I'd rather dress well than not, it makes me feel more comfortable rather than wearing sh*te.

I don't want to steal the 'Goats thunder by ressurecting his thread, hope you're all dug in for a nice few days with friends and family :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Supping some delicious mulled wine as I type. :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Better still, I've a few bottles of this bad boy along with homemade pate and cumberland sauce.

:D

Rosey Nosey. LOLs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just thought I'd resurrect this from before Christmas....everyone feeling stuffed and kind of guilty for eating all in sight? Haven't a penny to my name for a new dress for New Years boo:(

Got a beautiful woollen handknit wine scarf/shoulder snood from my mum, she bought it at the National Craft and Design Fair in Dublin earlier this month. I cant find any photo so might have to take one so I can show ye how lovely it is..

Everyone have a lovely christmas then?

It was nice alright, I got a coffee grinder off the folks, which is perfect, along with tickets to the Munster match last Saturday.

Going to pop back up to Dublin on Wednesday anc check out a few sales.

• Advertisement

Give me a shout when you are in town Faj. Might have time to grab a coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Going to pop back up to Dublin on Wednesday anc check out a few sales.

Same :)

I'm so excited to go shopping... Especially in Urban Outfitters. That shop is like Heaven!

I checked out some stuff on their website last night ... Tried to buy a lot of it but there was a problem with their check out service, for some reason ... Probably just as well... I was about to hand over a small fortune! :o

Same :)

I'm so excited to go shopping... Especially in Urban Outfitters. That shop is like Heaven!

I checked out some stuff on their website last night ... Tried to buy a lot of it but there was a problem with their check out service, for some reason ... Probably just as well... I was about to hand over a small fortune! :o

So... Much... Wrong...

I really can't stand UO...
    Give me a shout when you are in town Faj. Might have time to grab a coffee.

I will of course, good sir. I'll most likely be back in the city early enough in the morning - Are you any where near Abbey St? A Boards head opened up a lovely little cafe there, serves fantastic stuff.

So... Much... Wrong...

:(

Other than the fact it's overpriced, I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

:(

Other than the fact it's overpriced, I love it!

It's mentally overpriced! Does stuff come down in the sales much? I have only ever bought Cheap Monday jeans there and thunderbirds coasters for my coffee table (!) but nothing ever fits me there:(

Awh man... Overpriced ain't the word for it. :-/

- Are you any where near Abbey St? A Boards head opened up a lovely little cafe there, serves fantastic stuff.
    Whats the name of that place and where is it? (Middle Abbey, Lower Abbey?)

And whats wrong with an excited Pikachoocheeks? ;)

So... Much... Wrong...

I love Urban Outfitters!!!! :)

I'm about to head on over to interwebby UO and make my credit card sad! It has the best homewares ever!

It's mentally overpriced! Does stuff come down in the sales much? I have only ever bought Cheap Monday jeans there and thunderbirds coasters for my coffee table (!) but nothing ever fits me there:(

Quite a bit, actually :)

Sale stuff starts from about 30% off (Can be up to about 70% off) ... You can definitely get some decent bargains!

Students get 10% off in there too.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Whats the name of that place and where is it? (Middle Abbey, Lower Abbey?)

Middle Abbey St - It's called Third Floor Espresso, and he sells some cracking coffee :)
    Novella wrote: »
    I love Urban Outfitters!!!! :)

I'm about to head on over to interwebby UO and make my credit card sad! It has the best homewares ever!

Bloody hipsters :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Quite a bit, actually :)

Sale stuff starts from about 30% off (Can be up to about 70% off) ... You can definitely get some decent bargains!

Students get 10% off in there too.
    it's doubtful if you'll get the student 10% off with sales prices.

i'll let you know tomorrow though ;)

it's doubtful if you'll get the student 10% off with sales prices.

I have done before!

It's still nice to have the little bit off non-sale items anyway though :)

I have done before!

sweet i shall chance my arm anyways can do no harm :pac:

DAMN IT! The boots I wanted are sold out now! :( Last night, I was looking at 'em, was gonna buy them and decided to have a think about it... Now they are gone, noooo! :(

sweet i shall chance my arm anyways can do no harm :pac:

Despite the fact you're no longer a student! :p

The discount in shops is one of the only things I enjoy about being in college now!
    :pac:

Burberry has 40% off on their sale, I wonder what my insiders can get off for me...

Despite the fact you're no longer a student! :p

The discount in shops is one of the only things I enjoy about being in college now!
    :pac:

i still have a valid student card though so yeh. bam right in the kisser!

My student card is vaild for another 3 days... \o/

dude seriously... ixnay on the old letting the secret out-nay. :pac:

• Advertisement

i still have a valid student card though so yeh. bam right in the kisser!

Nice! When's it valid until?
    My student card is vaild for another 3 days... \o/

Use it! I don't think you can use it online, but you can make the most of it on Wednesday in Dublin!
    Loads of places offer student discount.
    Topman have 15% off at the moment ... Not sure if you'd consider buying anything in there, but it's a heads up, at least :)

Advertisement