Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crikey we have an AFL forum. Say hello and who you support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Was good stuff last weekend alright. Barrage of texts between me & young brother was the nearest I got to a bit of craic though.

Wee fecker gave away the St Kilda result before I could tell him not to (full match was on delayed viewing after the Barry Hall show.) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

Bombers fan although we got a bit of a flogging from the Pies on ANZAC day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ger62

Way great work in the Sys thread guys and thanks mods/admins/overlords for giving it a go.

Special thanks to Xazi for getting the ball rolling.

Anyway Lets see who supports who.

St.Kilda fan here. Gutted we just missed the finals last year, looking for an improvement this time round.

Hawthorne fan here! Been a while since I seen em play live. Last time was a few years back at the MCG when they were hopeless. Things thankfully have changed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

another Swannies fan here..... was a signed up member for the last 5 years or so before making the move back to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I support the Brisbane Lions....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭No_Deal

Carlton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Snakes eyes

Huge Cats fan here. Missed out on being in Oz for the big one last year. Watched it in the Woolshed but and couldn't believe they sold twisties too! :) Hoping it will be back to back finals PLEASE!!!!! Watched it previous years sitting at my in-laws place eating cornflakes and trying to be quiet so I wouldn't wake everyone up. As you can appreciate I kinda miss a few beers and a bbq!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

'We're the pride of south Australia...' Any other Crows out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Another Crows here - inspired the username!! They're Legends!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmm don't know about that! :p (Though I do like Porplyzia)

Welcome aboard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 friend6287

hi,
    just wondering does anyone know where i can buy an aussie rules ball in Ireland? Finding it hard to locate one anywhere!
    Cheers!

Afraid you won't get one mate. You'll have to buy online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 friend6287

thanks a mill!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Osteosam

Sydney girl, so naturally a Swans fan. Can't beat the atmosphere at the AFL... Bring on the next season!

:D

Welcome along, even if you are a feckin Swan! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

Osteosam wrote: »
    Sydney girl, so naturally a Swans fan. Can't beat the atmosphere at the AFL... Bring on the next season!

Go swannies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Osteosam

Thanks for the hearty welcome, even if some clearly won't cheer cheer the red and the white! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Osteosam wrote: »
    Thanks for the hearty welcome, even if some clearly won't cheer cheer the red and the white! :eek:

pay no attention to Xavi, he's a bitter Eagle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Quick question, probably doesn't warant a new thread.

Do new jersey's come out each year? I wanna get a Carlton one, but there'll be a new one for next season I'll hold off til it's out.

Edit: Also, can you buy them with numbers on the back?

Yeah you can get numbers on them usually at the club shop or the official AFL stores. I have a player issue one which is class. The clubs don't usually change every year, and when do the changes are usually very subtle like a different collar etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Yeah you can get numbers on them usually at the club shop or the official AFL stores. I have a player issue one which is class. The clubs don't usually change every year, and when do the changes are usually very subtle like a different collar etc.

Cheers Xavi. I thought the sponsors might change or something like that. I wanna get a Judd shirt, so 5 on the back. He's my hero *blushes*

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dezzy94

Swans for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Hi everyone!!

As ye may have guessed yes im a newbie and proud to say i am a staunch Freo Dockers supporter!!

After living in Fremantle for two years they are i team i came to love...and yes i have a healthy dislike for all things WC Eagle!!

Peace!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pollythene Pam

WEST COAST EAGLES RULES.

Amen brother/sister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Another newbie here.
    Don't follow any of the main clubs (although have always kept an eye out for Geelong results for around 10 years now) so here more just a fan of the game.

And a fan of course of my ex-club, the Belconnen Magpies. (Yep, there IS actually footie played in the ACT!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Cheers Xavi. I thought the sponsors might change or something like that. I wanna get a Judd shirt, so 5 on the back. He's my hero *blushes*

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/Portals/51/carlton_shop.htm

Carlton shop do Judd specific jerseys price $125 AU.

Blues fan as well. Disappointing start to year being 3-3 but hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here starting with Freo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Beer Werewolf

Perth here - West Coast :)

Perth here - West Coast :)

Good man yourself. Been to any games this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Beer Werewolf

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good man yourself. Been to any games this year?

Only one!! Hoping for tickets from my aunt, but I'm not holding my breath. I went to see them kick Port Adelaide's arse though, that was grand. You?

Advertisement