Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microwave and Time Machine forum

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My microwave has a time machine built into it. There is also a time machine built into the radio in my bedroom. I have another time machine on my wrist!
    Not sure how you could use up an entire forum solely based on clocks in microwave ovens!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Support +1

You can never have too many Microwave and Time Machine Forums. This is most definetly the one area that boards.ie is lacking in, and is the only subject I need to browse elsewhere to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The only question that I can think of currently, is where the 'Microwaves and Time Machines' Forum should call home?

Should it be listed under 'Recreation', or should it be under 'Science'?

TBH, I think it should be listed under all of the following headings:

Recreation
    Science
    Tech
    Education
    Society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

The question is should it be hidden from the peasants of boards in science or tech, or should we be a fully open and welcoming provider of information in relation to defying the laws of physics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

time travel is too important a topic to be lumped in under a sub category... should have it's in own.

we can then have subforums for instructions on how to build one from watch parts, how to build one from recycled plastics, how to avoid decimating the space time continuum, the best locations to find that wormhole you need to travel, what clothes to wear when traveling to the future, old to future currency exchange rates and so forth...

• Advertisement

Indeed time travel can not be catagorised. it has far reaching implications in business, sport, technology, recreation, etc
    in regards to currency conversion, just go into the future, look for a place that's in exactly the same state as it is at present, go back to now, and stash some fine wine.
    that, or a subscription for the racing post

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Indeed time travel can not be catagorised. it has far reaching implications in business, sport, technology, recreation, etc
    in regards to currency conversion, just go into the future, look for a place that's in exactly the same state as it is at present, go back to now, and stash some fine wine.
    that, or a subscription for GRAY'S SPORTS ALMANAC

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Finally a place to discuss the time machine designs in Napoleon Dynamite....that one that u stick between ur legs and put the tinfoil hat on and it burns ur balls...

bump in light of the recent spate of approvings

seriously, i needs somewhere where i can find answers to the issues of maintaining molecular stability when travelling through wormholes on my time machine. i don't want my ears falling off. again...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bump in light of the recent spate of approvings

I was thinking the same. :)
    seriously, i needs somewhere where i can find answers to the issues of maintaining molecular stability when travelling through wormholes on my time machine. i don't want my ears falling off. again...

By the sounds of it the polarity reversal is out of whack by a few microns. Set the toaster to medium brown and that should sort it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

surely this has to have happened already !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MooseJam wrote: »
    surely this has to have happened already !

Depends on the timeline you're on about.

Vexorg wrote: »
    Does anyone else get a unusually strong sense of Deja Vu when reading this thread?

That's odd, you weren't meant to say that for another 12 minutes and 34 seconds. :confused: I better look into this. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes; accompanied by a phantom smell of popcorn.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm pretty sure you said that last week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Does anyone else get a unusually strong sense of Deja Vu when reading this thread?

No, you're only imagining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

Wow AC that was exactly 12mins 34seconds later, your time machine is really good. i'm jealous!

By the sounds of it the polarity reversal is out of whack by a few microns. Set the toaster to medium brown and that should sort it.

hmmm... i think the toaster's on it's last legs... I really should have upgraded to the 4 slot ones. But dammit, i wanted those LED lights!

medium brown isnt always needed, set the toaster to full whack and go forward to where the toast is a perfectly accecptable level of brown.

• Advertisement

medium brown isnt always needed, set the toaster to full whack and go forward to where the toast is a perfectly accecptable level of brown.

you can't always rely on that though. the higher the setting on your toaster the more likely it is that the toast will be unevenly done..... this will ultimately upset the stability of your craft, particularly dangerous on exiting the white-hole. then you also have the conundrums of time compression. by the time the toast is done time will be so compressed in the wormhole that the acceptable level of brown will have already happened yesterday. if that happens the effects can be fatal... next year.

remember kids you want to do as little metal processing during the wormhole as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't mean to go off on a limb here, but you may need to consider other methods. Possibly a blender orinatated machine? If you could calibrate the size, weight and speed of the blades to match the natural frequency of time you could, for want of a better word "cut" through time. The possibilitys are endless, but the make is all important.

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I don't mean to go off on a limb here, but you may need to consider other methods. Possibly a blender orinatated machine? If you could calibrate the size, weight and speed of the blades to match the natural frequency of time you could, for want of a better word "cut" through time. The possibilitys are endless, but the make is all important.

would you need to coat the blades with something like Thiotimoline for that method to work? how much modification would it involve?

what about the stargate sg1 method of time travel,
    all we need is a stargate and some way of predicting solar flares

I could use my time machine to go into the future and find out when the solar flairs will happen.

just because you have a time machine that doesnt mean you're better than me

just because you have a time machine that doesnt mean you're better than me

It does actually. It's in the forum charter that was/will be written in a few days/weeks/months/whenever Vex approves this forum, and was brought back to us from the future by AC. At least that's what he told us...

Actually I brought it from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭blackbox

There's too much fanciful philosophising on this forum.

Can anyone give me practical advice. I have a Bosch microwave and a Panasonic time machine and I'm not getting anywhere.

Do the Germans have a different communications protocol? Please keep the answers simple.

PS - I had no success with the hand mixer either - it was a Bendix.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@blackbox - what model Bosch microwave have you? It must be over 1200W in order to work. Models such as the Bosch HMT 85 G 650 are good.
    I would recommend against using Panasonic time machines because they are crap and have issues with people ending up like Seth Brundle when things went wrong!

Advertisement