Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

12v tv for camper question

Options
  • 09-06-2021 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads, if i want a tv for my camper.I need an inverter or if no inverter, the socket on wall, that will fit the 12v connector from the tv, is that right? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Not sure what the question is here

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you have a tv that will only run on 230v AC, Then you need an inverter.

If you have a tv that has a 12 input, or that has an external AC/DC adaptor that outputs 12v, then yes you can run directly from leisure battery.
    You don’t necessarily need a socket, but they are available.

Most tvs are low voltage dc these days. You can use a dc-dc regulated supply to power a lot of them. Some appliances will be sensitive to battery chargers so regulators are best practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Most tvs are low voltage dc these days. You can use a dc-dc regulated supply to power a lot of them. Some appliances will be sensitive to battery chargers so regulators are best practice.

Can you advise of a good regulator for this please?

I am not using one but have got away with it so far however it it was not too expensive I would fit one.

Meanwell usually cheap Chinese high quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement