Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

BaZmO* wrote: »
    A simple fruit fly trap is probably better.
    A disposable cup/small container with vinegar and a piece of mashed fruit like banana/strawberry covered with cling film. Poke some small holes in it big enough to get into the cup. Once in thru can’t get out. Very effective. Just give it a quick swirl enough now and then.

Might be better, but more effort :D

My approach doesn't require any preparation or waiting around for fly to fall into the trap...and no wasted fruit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

A disposable cup/small container with vinegar and a piece of mashed fruit like banana/strawberry covered with cling film. Poke some small holes in it big enough to get into the cup. Once in thru can’t get out. Very effective. Just give it a quick swirl enough now and then.

I forgot to add that you need to add a small drop of washing up liquid to break the surface tension of the liquid.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The trap also work with strong tea and with vinegar.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

I have a fleece whose zipper insertion pin broke a while back so I couldn't zip it up. I don't have a sewing machine at hand and I never remembered to bring it to have the zipper replaced. I looked up innumerable websites and videos, but all said that if the insertion pin was broken the zipper couldn't be fixed and would have to be replaced. But then, I came across this one:

It works!!!

First I tried without glue. When I realised that it would actually work pretty well, I made some modifications, as the new "pin", being a flat piece of plastic, wouldn't be kept in place in the pin box. So, first I took a matchstick (the closest thing in shape to the original pin), then I pared it down a bit to make sure it'd fit loosely into the slider. Then I took a small rectangular piece of stiff plastic (I used the side of a blister of paracetamol tablets, instead of the straw), I placed the match in the middle and I marked its sides (1), then I folded the plastic sides upwards along the lines I had just marked. I then marked the sides of the match again, and folded those inwardly (2). For the last bit, I marked both sides of the plastic again to half the width of the match (3), then folded those outwardly so that when I wrapped the lot around the match the two sides of the plastic would encase it and meet in the middle. I then cut the lot to correspond to the length and width of the original insertion pin and plastic "wings". Once that was done, I tested it again on the slider to make sure nothing needed to be fine tuned, then I glued the lot to the zipper and the jacket with fabric glue (which is washing machine resistant). It was a bit fidgety to get it to fit properly, but it works perfectly.

552474.png

• Advertisement

Domo arigatogozaimash1ta

624642.jpg

434383.jpg

I don't get the "bury a dog" one?

Some of those are definite keepers though ... the puncture one is a good idea, but you could probably use the photo from any car, not necessarily your own.

Prob works for bikes too!

• Advertisement

If they start digging looking for a corpse, they'll stop when they realise it's a dog that's buried there and won't think of going deeper.

Also, re the tyre, don't forget to remove the time stamp from the picture, and to take it from different angles so you don't accidentally re-use the same photo with the same person.

New Home wrote: »
    If they start digging looking for a corpse, they'll stop when they realise it's a dog that's buried there and won't think of going deeper.

Also, re the tyre, don't forget to remove the time stamp from the picture, and to take it from different angles so you don't accidentally re-use the same photo with the same person.

ok right... thought it was for "legitimate" burials and was wondering why a gravedigger would need to do that.

But yes I get when you need to hide a body.

Killer tip #2: before you bury the human body, ensure it's bent up (chopped up?) to be the same dimensions as the dog so that only the dog is visible if they use ground-penetrating radar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

mrcheez wrote: »
    I don't get the "bury a dog" one?

Some

Cadaver dogs, the scents would be mixed etc etc.

Remember reading it somewhere, something about stopping wild animals digging up bodies.

"A friend" told you, I'd bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Kat1170

The voices, it's always those damn voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

https://www.courthousenews.com/new-in-forensics-using-plants-to-find-dead-bodies/

I now have a google search history for plants growing on recently buried bodies, hopefully no one I know disappears over the next while:o

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

real-life-cheat-codes-19-60b76f5a0e048__700.jpg
    Several times in life I've cold called a company to confirm my interview time. I didn't have one prior to my call, but in their confusion and inability to even find my resume I've managed to secure an interview about four out of five times. Twice I've gotten the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I’m not sure about that one. If someone tried that with me the first thing I’d ask is “who rang you to say you had an appointment?”

Look up the name of the HR manager before calling, if they ask that tell them you didn't catch their name but you think it was John something, and that he said he works in the office of *Head of HR name*. Also check in advance if they call it HR or Personnel.

mrcheez wrote: »
    ok right... thought it was for "legitimate" burials and was wondering why a gravedigger would need to do that.

But yes I get when you need to hide a body.

Killer tip #2: before you bury the human body, ensure it's bent up (chopped up?) to be the same dimensions as the dog so that only the dog is visible if they use ground-penetrating radar :D

You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together.

And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ****, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Brickhead !!

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

You're always gonna have problems lifting a body in one piece. Apparently the best thing to do is cut up a corpse into six pieces and pile it all together.

And when you got your six pieces, you gotta get rid of them, because it's no good leaving it in the deep freeze for your mum to discover, now is it? Then I hear the best thing to do is feed them to pigs. You got to starve the pigs for a few days, then the sight of a chopped-up body will look like curry to a pisshead. You gotta shave the heads of your victims, and pull the teeth out for the sake of the piggies' digestion. You could do this afterwards, of course, but you don't want to go sievin' through pig ****, now do you? They will go through bone like butter. You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig"

Just as well the bars are opening soon

355868.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

7412_9c5a.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

e64VfcvZ.jpg

oMmJztSM.jpg

90wbn1g2ae.gif

xa6zgw2ltf.jpg

mqii7uh234.jpg

• Advertisement

9owvmdzzu6.jpg

Advertisement