Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail jobs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KM259

Debs86 wrote: »
    Is there anybody else still waiting? I haven’t gotten an offer or rejection yet... I don’t know what to be thinking
    I’m still waiting to hear something too. Checking emails constantly. Also don’t know what to think..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Debs86

KM259 wrote: »
    I’m still waiting to hear something too. Checking emails constantly. Also don’t know what to think..

Any news yet?? I emailed them today no word yet

Any news yet?? I emailed them today no word yet
    No news yet unfortunately. Let me know if they reply. I hope they didn’t forget about us. Might email them Friday if they don’t get back to you by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Debs86

KM259 wrote: »
    No news yet unfortunately. Let me know if they reply. I hope they didn’t forget about us. Might email them Friday if they don’t get back to you by then.

I hope so, even if we were put into a pool of people for up to 2 years, surely they have to tell us that?

I hope so, even if we were put into a pool of people for up to 2 years, surely they have to tell us that?
    Yeah I would have thought they’d tell us if we were.. Would be nice to know either way. It’s been a long 10 weeks since the medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

How long after the job interview do Irish Rail give a response?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

So far it's been different for everyone. Some waited months, I think I was like 2 days it all depends on District managers, HR, volume of people for interview etc.

Just remember no news is good news too so until you hear something you are still in the running.

Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Word from Cork is there's (unless a few have been filled recently) about a dozen jobs need filling.

Platform and cso.

TheShepard wrote: »
    So far it's been different for everyone. Some waited months, I think I was like 2 days it all depends on District managers, HR, volume of people for interview etc.

Just remember no news is good news too so until you hear something you are still in the running.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks for that.

I got an interview 3 months after applying. Did the interview 4 weeks ago and have not heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

One tip I'll give you is dont be checking your emails everyday as it will only drive you mad. Communication is shocking. I've had no reply to an email i sent in February 2019 and nothing from an email about a different job I sent February gone.

• Advertisement

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    One tip I'll give you is dont be checking your emails everyday as it will only drive you mad. Communication is shocking. I've had no reply to an email i sent in February 2019 and nothing from an email about a different job I sent February gone.

2019?..........Did you do an interview and then get no reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

strongback wrote: »
    2019?..........Did you do an interview and then get no reply?

No, got the job in 2018 but still not moved. No explanation or reply to emails.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    No, got the job in 2018 but still not moved. No explanation or reply to emails.

Wow is all I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PadraigCoghlan

I'm getting no reply either very frustrating. I would like like to know either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sharcol

Hi guys

Any Connolly based drivers on here I could send a PM to? Cheers!

Hi lads, my buddy is starting a cso course in July, but has yet to receive hotel details!

I am just wondering if anyone knows what hotel he'll probably be staying in?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi lads, my buddy is starting a cso course in July, but has yet to receive hotel details!

More than likely the Ashling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 red25

Hi has anyone had an interview, medical and reference check with Irish Rail for their customer service officer in May and are still waiting for a reply if they got the role?

Hi has anyone had an interview, medical and reference check with Irish Rail for their customer service officer in May and are still waiting for a reply if they got the role?

Do you know when he did his interview?

• Advertisement

red25 wrote: »
    Do you know when he did his interview?

Where is he based?

His from galway...

Dont worry man, if you'd have a medical and had reference checks done the jobs yours.!

Just irish rail being irish rail, nothing done quickly.. Course is 4 weeks, you might not be on the next one, which is why they prob haven't been in touch.!

Wouldn't worry, job is yours bar your reference checks didn't go well

His from galway...

Dont worry man, if you'd have a medical and had reference checks done the jobs yours.!

Just irish rail being irish rail, nothing done quickly.. Course is 4 weeks, you might not be on the next one, which is why they prob haven't been in touch.!

Thanks for the update! References were good so fingers crossed. Trying to get an update from them is mad, so secret service. I am on the CSO list for Cork yet I heard that all the Cork CSO's are on July's training course. They said get onto the CSO manager but I cannot remember his name from the interview.

You sure its cso your in for cause as far as I know cork don't have csos ?

They only have train hosts?

Mallow have csos alright, be doing the tralee line

You sure its cso your in for cause as far as I know cork don't have csos ?

They only have train hosts?

Mallow have csos alright, be doing the tralee line

Ya sorry, they were for Mallow and Tralee.

red25 wrote: »
    Ya sorry, they were for Mallow and Tralee.

Is there a difference betwewn the onboard host and the new customer service officer (onboard) the trains? Do you know the name of the guy over the train hosts?

Best of luck .

Let us know how you get on when you hear

Best of luck .

Let us know how you get on when you hear

Thanks for your help, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PadraigCoghlan

They emailed me back the other day saying there was no update on the CSO roles yet. Looks like I'm out I'd say. Best of luck. I've also applied for galway.

• Advertisement

Never say never...

Wait until officially told.!

Irish rail work at zero miles an hour, horrible way to treat people, but that's just the way it is.

You've a chance until told otherwise

Advertisement