Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airlink tickets on a Leap Card - expiry extended?

Options
  • 08-06-2021 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a return Airlink ticket on my Leap Card in Feb. 2020 but never used them, thanks to the first lockdown and the difficulties involved in international travel since then.

They have an expiry date of Feb 2022 and there's a fair chance that I will not use them by then. Has there been any announcement about extending the expiry date on these tickets?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Would you not just get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

GT89 wrote: »
    Would you not just get a refund?

Is that possible? They exist only on my Leap card, I have no idea how to apply for a refund.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not sure if you can refund a specific ticket on the card or just the entire credit on the card itself?
    the refund page *might* suggest it's the entire card being refunded:

https://about.leapcard.ie/card-replacement-refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When I check the card on leapcard.ie there is no sign of the Airlink tickets - 'no tickets found on the selected card'. So it looks like if I apply for a refund, I won't get the value of them.

To paraphrase Fr. Ted: 'they're just resting on the card'.

Advertisement