Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dress watch…Rolex Cellini style

Options
  • 03-06-2021 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi,

Im not that knowledgeable about watches but I have several “designer” modern watches from Tag Heuer and Brietling. All are quiet big and whenever I put on a suit or black Tie I feel they are too big.

I’m looking for a classic slimline watch. Something like a Rolex Cellini but maybe not the price.

Budget is up to €3,000.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

logie101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im not that knowledgeable about watches but I have several “designer” modern watches from Tag Heuer and Brietling. All are quiet big and whenever I put on a suit or black Tie I feel they are too big.

I’m looking for a classic slimline watch. Something like a Rolex Cellini but maybe not the price.

Budget is up to €3,000.

Any ideas?

Tudor have loads, Glamour, Prince, DayDate etc
    They look a bit girly but may fit the bill

Somebody posted a nice Tissot here recently with a fancy bezel, for about a grand

How about the Aqua Terra from Omega which is the other cliché choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Hi,

Budget is up to €3,000.

Any ideas?

18k Omega Constellation (pie pan) from the 1950s.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    18k Omega Constellation (pie pan) from the 1950s.
    Good, but the major problem would be that they're small by today's standards.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

athlone573 wrote: »
    Tudor have loads, Glamour, Prince, DayDate etc
    They look a bit girly but may fit the bill

Somebody posted a nice Tissot here recently with a fancy bezel, for about a grand

How about the Aqua Terra from Omega which is the other cliché choice?

Aqua Terra is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Longines heritage or master range would be worth a look

• Advertisement

scwazrh wrote: »
    Longines heritage or master range would be worth a look

The Heritage range is definitely the style I’m looking for. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Hi,

Any ideas?

I have a Tissot Ballade, COSC certified, 80 hour power reserve, that's too dressy for me. If you just want something to wear with a suit it would be ideal. And I'm not looking for big money :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I have a Tissot Ballade, COSC certified, 80 hour power reserve, that's too dressy for me. If you just want something to wear with a suit it would be ideal. And I'm not looking for big money :-)

PM me the details & pics

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

I’m close to pulling the trigger on one of these myself - https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/watches/families/tangente

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

With a budget of 3K and looking for something dressy, how about a Grand Seiko?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Fitz II wrote: »

Interesting. Is it safe to purchase from sites such as that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Oh yeah Chrono is safe enough, they have a escrow service and the trusted dealers are always good. IWC is a good brand and they make tasty watches...I must get one at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Don’t know if there is any price movement with Ichrono , it’s well overpriced if not but you could at least try it on before you buy

https://ichrono.ie/portfolio-item/iwc-portofino-chronograph/

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

There are some fine Seiko in the Presage range if you don't fancy stretching to a Grand Seiko

E. G.
    https://www.seiyajapan.com/collections/presage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Interesting. Is it safe to purchase from sites such as that one?

I bought a longines vhp at Christmas and had no issues.

Advertisement