Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Activity tracker vs phone. Please help

Options
  • 31-05-2021 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

OK so I have a huawei p30 pro and an umidigi gt smartwatch.
    My issue here is they never record the same amount of steps, I am trying to lose weight and I have my fitness pal to log my meals but can't link my watch to my fitness pal, so I have to manually add my steps. Nor a big deal but...

The huawei health app tell me I walk 10000 steps burning 300 odd calories
    My watch tells me I walked 6000 steps but burned 400 calories.?????

So what's going on here which one do I trust is closest to correct.

It's very frustrating I just want to play the numbers game here and be as accurate as possible.

I was thinking the watch has a heart rate monitor so might be picking up the intensity of the steps or the work I do, this would make sense for the calorie burn been higher.

But why is it so far behind on the step count.

Any help here would be awesome guys thank you

Advertisement