Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon sidewalk will share your Internet bandwidth with nearby neigh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Dhenalau wrote: »
    Sharing this article as it is a discovery for me and for a lot of Alexa, Echo and Ring users I think (All the details are the article, including how to disable it)
    https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/05/amazon-devices-will-soon-automatically-share-your-internet-with-neighbors/

Before off the hysteria starts and like the WhatsApp changes , Irish users are not affected

“The Amazon webpage linked above says Sidewalk "is currently only available in the US."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

ted1 wrote: »
    Before off the hysteria starts and like the WhatsApp changes , Irish users are not affected

“The Amazon webpage linked above says Sidewalk "is currently only available in the US."

Maybe we should thank UE for privacy laws here...?

I simply find it absolutely unacceptable to do something like that on opt-out basis...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

My account country is Ireland and I have the option to opt out in my account, so I assume it might/will be activated at some point.
    As I am uncomfortable with the idea of others using my network, I have turned it off.
    Everyone can make their own decision.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Looks like the Guest network Vodafone, Eir, Virgin and others use, it's 1 of the first things I turn off.

Advertisement