Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movie Walrus: LeVar Goes to the Pictures Part II - Electric Boogaloo

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Final Day to Enter

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'll get my selections in later.

Submissions are now officially closed (unofficially I could probably be persuaded to take late entrants, just check with me via PM first)...

16 Entrants:

the purple tin
    Necro
    JP Liz V1
    Irish Aris
    cee_jay
    ShaneU
    Kolido
    osh
    Sawduck
    Rikand
    aaronjennings
    Reberetta
    Alfred Borden
    mustang shelly
    Electric Nitwit
    Arghus

As with any of my Walruses, I like to do all the judging and reviewing first before kicking off any reveal, and having a week or so event for the reveal once I've dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's.

My current estimate is that I'll have watched everything and be ready to roll out the reveal sometime in June, but I'll give an updated and more concrete estimate when I'm nearing the end of my film marathon.

If any Mods are floating about, could you change the thread title to Sign-Ups Closed please and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

My current estimate is that I'll have watched everything and be ready to roll out the reveal sometime in June
    Two months to watch 96 films?
    You're slacking off :D

• Advertisement

Two months to watch 96 films?
    You're slacking off :D

Yes, yes I am, taking it easy this time around, going at a nice leisurely pace, as we all know I could probably do the lot in about 3 weeks... :pac:

My current estimate is that I'll have watched everything and be ready to roll out the reveal sometime in June, but I'll give an updated and more concrete estimate when I'm nearing the end of my film marathon.

First 4 Rounds are all Reviewed and Rated, and I've made a start on the Final Round...

Still have 25 or so films left to watch, and not planning to rush through them, but should be all done and ready to get the reveal underway over the course of a week or so in late June, depending on what other games and reveals are happening around then...

Seen some absolute gems so far, and a handful that were much less good (to put it kindly), but overall a pretty good standard across the board, and it has been fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

...a handful that were much less good (to put it kindly)
    2019-01-15.gif

2019-01-15.gif

If this was a submit-gifs-from-my-favourite-shows-that-are-a-perfect-response-to-what-I-just-said game, I'd give you full points for that one...

But, unfortunately, that's not the game we're playing... ;)

giphy.gif

The Unexpected and Unscheduled Reveal happening this Weekend...

Kicking off in less than an hour with a special preview in which I reveal what I personally would have chosen for each category...

Rounds 1 and 2 tonight about 10pm... Round 3 tomorrow afternoon... Round 4 tomorrow evening... Round 5/6 Sunday evening...

All happening in the reveal thread linked below...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058194487

• Advertisement
Advertisement