Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to change name associated with PPSN

• 04-02-2021 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this topic but I thought other trans people here might know the answer. I have changed my name and finally have 2 years' worth of evidence to start updating my official documents. I'm looking to get the name associated with my PPSN updated, but I can't find any info on how to do that. This is the only relevant page I could find but it only lists the evidence you need to get your name updated, it doesn't say where people need to send that information to. If no one knows I will email the Dep of Social Protection about it but just wanted to ask here first as I assume the Dep will take their time in replying. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Caitlin Snow

Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this topic but I thought other trans people here might know the answer. I have changed my name and finally have 2 years' worth of evidence to start updating my official documents. I'm looking to get the name associated with my PPSN updated, but I can't find any info on how to do that. is the only relevant page I could find but it only lists the evidence you need to get your name updated, it doesn't say where people need to send that information to. If no one knows I will email the Dep of Social Protection about it but just wanted to ask here first as I assume the Dep will take their time in replying. Thanks

Hi paperpieces, it's been a while since I did it (17 years) but I assume the procedure is pretty much the same, if you get al your evidence together you can bring it to your local Intreo Centre and give it all to them and they will process it for you. It takes a couple of week as far as I remember and anything they need to hang onto they will mail back to you when they are finished with it. A few tips, DON'T bring photocopies, they won't accept them. Bring as much ID as you can, everything you have, Deed Poll, gender recognition cert (if you have one and then you can get your gender changed too), New Birth Cert, Your Original Natal Birth Cert (the full version), passport if you have one, driving licence if you have one, 2 years worth of bank statement using your new name, the full whack, overload them with proof. Also they might ask you to have a photo taken for your new PPS card so make sure you don't go in looking like something the cat dragged in because that's the card you will have to look at for the next 5 years xD

Good luck

Advertisement