Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coffee van

• 10-11-2020 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys, looking to start up a coffee van. Could anyone give me advice regarding supply of electricity? I’m way out of my depth with it. Would really appreciate anyone’s help thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You’re realistically going to need a generator, or some sort of inverter which would require the van engine to run. The former would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Petrol generator

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciaraljsmith93

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You’re realistically going to need a generator, or some sort of inverter which would require the van engine to run. The former would be better.

Thanks for your reply Colm. Yes generator I think although I don’t want it to be noisy! Can you buy “silent” ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thanks for your reply Colm. Yes generator I think although I don’t want it to be noisy! Can you buy “silent” ones?

Yes, Your best move now would be to find a coffee van owner and talk to them. Not just about the van, but about the business and their costs/revenue etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The appliances that you intend to run will dictate the size of the generator you'll need, not to mention some coffee machines are three phase, so something to consider before you buy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement