Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apollo Saturn V - Wow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwaydoc

Did anyone actually snag it at Littlewoods? Spotted it at lunchtime yesterday, but when put in basket, got "out of stock" message. Reckon could have been a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

galwaydoc wrote: »
    Did anyone actually snag it at Littlewoods? Spotted it at lunchtime yesterday, but when put in basket, got "out of stock" message. Reckon could have been a glitch.

I got an order through about 4:30pm yesterday, expected delivery is by next Friday, at the moment still just showing as 'Processed'. Will let you know if it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sightseer

galwaydoc wrote: »

I also placed an order with littlewoods on the 21 of July at 15:54. to date it's showing as currently being processed with the delivery date due 28 of July.. because this set is so hard to get at the moment I Really hope it goes ahead otherwise i'll have no choice but to pay silly money as it's a must have!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Sightseer wrote: »
    I also placed an order with littlewoods on the 21 of July at 15:54. to date it's showing as currently being processed with the delivery date due 28 of July.. because this set is so hard to get at the moment I Really hope it goes ahead otherwise i'll have no choice but to pay silly money as it's a must have!

Don't pay the silly money. LEGO will bring it back. Just wait!

Don't pay the silly money. LEGO will bring it back. Just wait!

My order has moved on so now showing as delivered 'on or before 26th July'.

I agree its a shame littlewoods add €20 to the RRP but at least they offer 'free' delivery :)- if you were to buy in the UK it would come close to €125 (£110) + ParcelMotel etc and there doesnt appear to be any bricks and mortar stockists yet in Ireland. Waiting for it in Lego store at Euro RRP is obviously the best option but I'm happy to pay €20 now and get it this week.

• Advertisement

Some reassuring news; Lego ideas posted this on there page two weeks ago. (Jul 11, 2017)

We Are Continuing To Produce More Apollo Saturn V Sets
    Having just launched the Apollo Saturn V set recently, we will continue to produce the set according to our scheduled plans and we would like to re-assure everyone that it has not been retired.

While the set is temporarily out of stock through our online shop, with limited quantities available in LEGO Stores, our production teams are working hard to produce more sets in order to make sure that everyone will be able to purchase their copy. This does take time however and we therefore ask for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Received it from the littlewoods order last week. Now I have to wait for my birthday to open it.
    Really wondering if Lego didn't produce a lot of stock or totally underestimated the demand for it. Personally even as Star wars Fan, nothing tingled my spine from Lego to buy it, all great stuff but wouldn't buy it. The Saturn rocket on the other hand was absolutely desirable maybe cause I always had a crush for astronomy. And this piece is simply something historical.

Mine arrived today also, now to find time to actually build it and keep it away from the 2 yr old!

Harika wrote: »
    Received it from the littlewoods order last week. Now I have to wait for my birthday to open it.
    Really wondering if Lego didn't produce a lot of stock or totally underestimated the demand for it. Personally even as Star wars Fan, nothing tingled my spine from Lego to buy it, all great stuff but wouldn't buy it. The Saturn rocket on the other hand was absolutely desirable maybe cause I always had a crush for astronomy. And this piece is simply something historical.
    DriveSkill wrote: »
    Mine arrived today also, now to find time to actually build it and keep it away from the 2 yr old!

I wasn't so lucky today, my littlewoods order was declined and when i queried why they said i need to make an initial payment of 24 euro and place the order again. it's now out of stock. have you ever heard the likes.

i guess i'll just have to wait now until lego shop restock.

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Dismantled and bagged up mine today after just a week on display. As amazing as it is and all my almost 3 year old was on a mission to get to it. I let her play with my 75105 which is on my bedside locker (she likes to open it up and hide BB8 around the ship) so it was not worth the tantrums. Plus she was pulling over stools and steps etc to get to it.. Oh well. It was nearly as satisfying to take apart as it was to build!

Finally got my hands on the Saturn V, a pal was on holiday’s in germany last week and decided to check the lego store in cologne, he was lucky enough to spot one for me.

Available to order again, direct from S@H: https://shop.lego.com/en-IE/LEGO-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V-21309

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

THX. Just placed an order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They had them in stock in the Liverpool store in Liverpool One at the weekend if anybody's in the neighborhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Lego site had them in stock - just got the tracking number for mine now...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Back in stock on John Lewis UK

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Picked mine up yesterday in the Lego Store on Leicester Square!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Picked mine up yesterday in the Lego Store on Leicester Square!

Nice. Got one for myself and one for my nephew for Christmas/his birthday. Should have it in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Anyone else order at the end of august on back order? finally it's in the warehouse ready to be shipped :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Lego store backorder worked out the lowest cost after shipped for me - plus they added a free couple extra minifigs which are cool - couple of cavemen :)

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Back in stock on John Lewis UK

Cheers! Got my order in before it went out of stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Got one back in a July but decided to save it for the winter!!

Hope the tower kit goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Jawgap wrote: »
    Got one back in a July but decided to save it for the winter!!

Hope the tower kit goes ahead.

tower kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

irishgeo wrote: »
    tower kit?
    I assume he means launch gantry/umbilical tower, first Id heard of it, another must buy if it makes it:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a88109ec-9970-4fe1-98b4-9bd535856ab4

Doesnt look great in the mockups there tbh but the finished one will be great, wonder if there are any plans around already that you could just Bricklink?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

I see they're collecting supporters for the SLS systems too. Honestly, if they released the entire NASA and Soviet space collection, I'd buy them all. The Saturn V is the first kit I bought for myself as an adult but it's so cool I'm hooked.

irishgeo wrote: »
    tower kit?
    Thargor wrote: »
    I assume he means launch gantry/umbilical tower, first Id heard of it, another must buy if it makes it:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a88109ec-9970-4fe1-98b4-9bd535856ab4

Doesnt look great in the mockups there tbh but the finished one will be great, wonder if there are any plans around already that you could just Bricklink?

That's the one......

......and I see it's reached the magic 10,000 votes to qualify for a review!

Pique wrote: »
    I see they're collecting supporters for the SLS systems too. Honestly, if they released the entire NASA and Soviet space collection, I'd buy them all. The Saturn V is the first kit I bought for myself as an adult but it's so cool I'm hooked.

Likewise.

It's easily 30+ years since I bought any kits......then I bought this, now I find myself looking at other large scale non-lego models (The Eagle from Space 1999, and the various Airfix/Revell Apollo kits) while thinking about clearing some space in the "man cave" for a model building table :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

FYI John Lewis have changed their online status to expecting stock, and are letting you place orders again - https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-ideas-21309-nasa-apollo-saturn-v/p3240185?navAction=jump&_requestid=702870

I've ordered one, so here's hoping they deliver.

Paddy

• Advertisement

Available for backorder on S@H, dispatch by 9 Nov

Advertisement