Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bf4 clans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Looks like we could have two teams set up soon enough

Might be an idea to get everyone on [IRL] so we can all spot each other

yup good idea scotty,anyone that hasn`t is getting there tags taken :p

digitalm wrote: »
    Hey lads would love to join irish clan ps4 id = digitalmoon
    Am on most nights .Need to play some teamwork.

Add you now,you`ll get plenty of teamwork here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

still havent figured out this tag business

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SeamyH

still havent figured out this tag business

Great post from BordorFox here explaining it-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88500457&postcount=64

Oh I know about the tags of [IRL] etc, its this taking tags off people? Or am I reading it wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Gonna throw my hat into the ring here as well. Admittedly average player but always try PTFO. I'm finding it frustrating playing with randoms, teamwork happens all too rarely especially with language barriers. I use my mic whenever the kids and/or missus allow................ or when someone really pisses me off (like the guy jumping into the drivers seat of my Mobile Artillery just as I'm about to rain destruction on a parked MBT)

Feel free to add me, psn; paul_booth_fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Oh I know about the tags of [IRL] etc, its this taking tags off people? Or am I reading it wrong?

The taking of Tags means "Dog Tags" when you knife another player and rip them from their neck.

The Clan Tag is IRL

Hope that clears that up.

Paul, Will add you asap.

Is that much lag common when everyone is on together? That was unplayable at times. Had no issues yesterday before joining that server last night, could be coincidental but just thought I'd ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Is that much lag common when everyone is on together? That was unplayable at times. Had no issues yesterday before joining that server last night, could be coincidental but just thought I'd ask

It happens from time to time, not always.

The BF4 netcode is somewhat broken ever since the game was released

It can be running perfect with 64 players one minute and laggy as hell with 30 the next.

BordorFox wrote: »
    It happens from time to time, not always.

The BF4 netcode is somewhat broken ever since the game was released

It can be running perfect with 64 players one minute and laggy as hell with 30 the next.

Must have been a coincidence then. I was playing yesterday afternoon with no issues at all, and some Obliteration against KOB79LFC (who's team spanked the headless chickens I had the pleasure of calling my teammates) literally right before joining that Conquest server.
    Hopefully it'll be smoother next time.......I owe Trev a knifin.........thought I had him once until he suddenly jumped 15 feet forward while I ran on the spot :(

• Advertisement

Random game crashes when you're playing a stormer are my biggest problem but it seems to happen a lot less lately. It used to happen all of the time on the PS3.

RaVeN737

SeamyH wrote: »
    Random game crashes when you're playing a stormer are my biggest problem but it seems to happen a lot less lately. It used to happen all of the time on the PS3.

RaVeN737

I've been very lucky so far with the game. I can probably count on one hand the number of crashes I've had since launch. Besides the usually choppy Langcam Dam, I haven't really seen much of the graphical or performance issues that seem to plague some people. Last night was the worst I've seen to be honest. Huge patch coming very soon which they've said will help with the 'netcode' issues so hopefully it's only going to get better

I've been very lucky so far with the game. I can probably count on one hand the number of crashes I've had since launch. Besides the usually choppy Langcam Dam, I haven't really seen much of the graphical or performance issues that seem to plague some people. Last night was the worst I've seen to be honest. Huge patch coming very soon which they've said will help with the 'netcode' issues so hopefully it's only going to get better

Yeah Langcam Dam is dreadful for me at times too. Not sure if you had this game from day 1 but I remember for the first couple of weeks, before any patching was done, the game was unplayable. This was on the PS3 now, I haven't had too many problems on the PS4 but the main one which still hasn't been fixed is having to try and connect to a server 2 or 3 times before it goes through. Can be annoying when you're waiting in the queue for 5 minutes each time.

Yeah Langcam Dam is dreadful for me at times too. Not sure if you had this game from day 1 but I remember for the first couple of weeks, before any patching was done, the game was unplayable. This was on the PS3 now, I haven't had too many problems on the PS4 but the main one which still hasn't been fixed is having to try and connect to a server 2 or 3 times before it goes through. Can be annoying when you're waiting in the queue for 5 minutes each time.
    Yeah I got it for the PS3 at launch but I couldn't play it. My HDD went in the Playstation so I couldn't even play the game long enough to see any of the glitches. Very few problems on PS4 for me personally other than the campaign not saving but I don't care about that. I played through it once to get the M249 so I'm happy.
    I haven't really noticed the server queue problem, I'm rarely trying to join a friends game or anything so I can just move to next server whenever I'm put in a queue. I just refresh the list and join the first server I see with a full connection bar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Must have been a coincidence then. I was playing yesterday afternoon with no issues at all, and some Obliteration against KOB79LFC (who's team spanked the headless chickens I had the pleasure of calling my teammates) literally right before joining that Conquest server.
    Hopefully it'll be smoother next time.......I owe Trev a knifin.........thought I had him once until he suddenly jumped 15 feet forward while I ran on the spot :(

:D ill be looking over my shoulder ;)

some good games going but the lags and bugs are killing me at the mo, nearly drop kicked the dog last night such was the frustration, I had to to turn off :mad:

Yeah some laggy games last night,still great to see it full team mates on one sever and in party chat even if we shot the hell out of each other
    :),we`ll soon have to switch to game chat with this many people :D

:D ill be looking over my shoulder ;)

some good games going but the lags and bugs are killing me at the mo, nearly drop kicked the dog last night such was the frustration, I had to to turn off :mad:

I've 2 German Shepherds.......no drop kicking anything in my house :)

Yeah I had to quit that game on Paracel Storm, couldn't even aim without it skipping back and forth. Just finished a full game on Paracel there completely bug and lag free

Yes a special shout out to the Judas Bastards who were on the opposing team...

Enjoyed landing my Rhib on another one last night! :D

Yes a special shout out to the Judas Bastards who were on the opposing team...

Enjoyed landing my Rhib on another one last night! :D

Ha, I was one of the 'Judas Bastards', I seem to remember us winning lots :-)

I remember taking your chopper out on Parcel Storm, dead IRL tags galore, it was very satisfying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

how do i get playing with you guys

• Advertisement

Just post your PSN here for adding as a friend.

Also if you scan back through the thread you'll see lots of other PSN's you can add manually on your PS4.

Ha, I was one of the 'Judas Bastards', I seem to remember us winning lots :-)

I remember taking your chopper out on Parcel Storm, dead IRL tags galore, it was very satisfying :p

Your card is marked boy!
    Ill be keeping an eye on you from now on :D

I think we should have two different [IRL] tags to keep things interesting..
    The "Judas boys" can take [IRLb] :pac:

Your card is marked boy!
    Ill be keeping an eye on you from now on :D

I think we should have two different [IRL] tags to keep things interesting..
    The "Judas boys" can take [IRLb] :pac:

Ha, it's on!!

Yeah 2 tags is fine you're group can be [IRLT] . 'T' for trainees as you're all clearly not up to the required standard yet. :D

RaVeN737

I tried adding your id a while back (ps4: THENEEDFORWEED__420)...is that 2 underscores?,well it wouldn`t work,just put it up again...

yeah lads good games last nite,if we have plenty of lads on some night this week,we`ll take 2 teams into an empty server and shoot and tag the crap out of each other :D

cobraeire wrote: »
    I tried adding your id a while back (ps4: THENEEDFORWEED__420)...is that 2 underscores?,well it wouldn`t work,just put it up again...

yeah lads good games last nite,if we have plenty of lads on some night this week,we`ll take 2 teams into an empty sever and shoot and tag the crap out of each other :D

That'd be class, well I should be on tomorrow night at some stage, hopefully we get a large group on with it being the weekend n all.

Should be on later too, no mic again Id say, missus annoying/nagging/winding me up in the background will only end up in annoying everyone on mic :D

That'd be class, well I should be on tomorrow night at some stage, hopefully we get a large group on with it being the weekend n all.

Whatever team you're on, Im switching sides * :D:D

*may I add Im really **** at this game

Whatever team you're on, Im switching sides * :D:D

*may I add Im really **** at this game

Good, I don't want you on my team we'll just loose then :)

RaVeN737

Good, I don't want you on my team we'll just loose then :)

RaVeN737

OoOoOOooOOOh fighting talk :D

• Advertisement

lol

Advertisement