Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Random Lego chatter!

• 09-03-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I hope Mods wont mind if we will have one thread like an "off topic" and "too small to starts a new thread" place.

So anyway. I just noticed this up in Lego.com

http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Iron-Man-Extremis-Sea-Port-Battle-76006

Its the New Iron man set. What really pisses me off with this that it is so called "20$ set". I still dont understand how this pricing is fair... we get it for 29.99eu!!! :pac: And Lego is EU company!!!
    I would not even say a thing if it would have been 19.99eu, but 29.99eu is taking a piss. :mad:

I am not a minifig collector, but those two would be the ones i would love to own. I LOVE Iron man movies, but 30eu is a bit frustrating!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

Yes I have to agree Shadow e29 is nasty for the 195 pieces, very expensive set at nearly 15cent a piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Derek93 wrote: »
    Yes I have to agree Shadow e29 is nasty for the 195 pieces, very expensive set at nearly 15cent a piece.
    It really highlights how bad it gets. Those sets are 20$ in US! We almost pay double! Grrrrr!

Anyway, on lighter topic. I am checking some older non classic town sets and I have to say those are great. Puts last years and 2013 to shame. Can't remember the set numbers, but there is a public transport one. Looks great. Then there is some sort of workshop, with huge tow truck. Sets like those really great and make a lot more fun then next reworked police or fire station. As started in other thread, there really should be more common service and dwellings sets. TLG looks like got way too far in to police and robbers theme.

Well derek, BRAG!!! I sow you Snatched that big black bag. So whats in it! Pic prefered! :D

Well derek, BRAG!!! I sow you Snatched that big black bag. So whats in it! Pic prefered! :D

Haha, have not sorted it yet in anyway, had a quick browse, parts from 7637 ( the farm ), 7633 ( construction site ), 7939 ( Cargo train ) sadly not the power function parts :(, another friggan clone turbo tank....did every kid in Ireland get one of these? a tie fighter of some type..think its the intercepter, some spiderman set alot of other stuff but sadly as per normal where kids were involved the minifigs are pretty much destroyed that I did find..what is it with kids and taking the hands and arms away!

Haha, have not sorted it yet in anyway, had a quick browse, parts from 7637 ( the farm ), 7633 ( construction site ), 7939 ( Cargo train ) sadly not the power function parts :(, another friggan clone turbo tank....did every kid in Ireland get one of these? a tie fighter of some type..think its the intercepter, some spiderman set alot of other stuff but sadly as per normal where kids were involved the minifigs are pretty much destroyed that I did find..what is it with kids and taking the hands and arms away!

Still worth for what you payed i guess? Its a shame all minifigs are dead :(.

Anyway lads, any speculation on a big creator set? Would we get another truck or car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

:confused: Are you sure it's the Clone Turbo Tank? That's pretty rare.

:confused: Are you sure it's the Clone Turbo Tank? That's pretty rare.

Yep 7261 unless there are 3 star destroyers not many things have 10 of them plastic grey wheels.

Yep 7261 unless there are 3 star destroyers not many things have 10 of them plastic grey wheels.

Ah, I thought you were talking about the mini Clone Turbo tank, the old Brickmaster exclusive.

Lads, there is a rumor that helms deep might retire this spring. What do you think? Possible?

If it will go away. Would love to snatch one more set myself. They go for 86eu on amazon now. Looks like it might be a great investment.

Lads, there is a rumor that helms deep might retire this spring. What do you think? Possible?

If it will go away. Would love to snatch one more set myself. They go for 86eu on amazon now. Looks like it might be a great investment.

Retired after less than a year on the shelves? I'd be shocked.

• Advertisement

Retired after less than a year on the shelves? I'd be shocked.

Is it? Good so, I am still not done with 2012 sets.

By the way I know we can't get polibags in Ireland, but anyone knows a decent polibags bricklink shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

DLed a few Lego podcasts last night, they are a little old, but still make for interesting listening to at work, our internet is very restricted here, so a little MP3 player, and listening to people talk about Lego makes for a nice diversion to listening to 2FM thats is tuned into the 2 radios in the office
    LAMradio, Lego Talk Podcast

I'm on a work trip in London at the moment. Today I visited the LEGO store in Westfield, it was awesome :D I had other places to go afterwards and didn't want to lug around big bags, so I somehow managed to leave without spending anything. I will be back before I leave though :)

But the crazy thing is - I asked at the counter how many VIP points I had in sterling, thinking that my €50 would be circa £30 when you did the conversion. Imagine my surprise when the guy behind the counter scanned my card and told me I had £50! Seemingly there is no conversion between currencies. Score!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

had assumed i had found this here, but a quick look back through the sticked links and i did not find it,
    hand for seeing the best discounted sets on line
    http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/amazonDiscounts.cfm?site=Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Having sat in a case for almost three months, I finally got to build 10197 yesterday. It's my first modular and it's blown me away. Thought it was a little dull in photos and only picked it up first as it's first on the chopping block, but it really is fantastic when you see it "in the brick". Some of the building techniques are ingenious, really was surprised at how they render "1932". Only downside is that I want them all now, included the discontinued sets - which are prohibitively expensive on ebay. I see lots of bricklinking in my future.

One of the reasons I am staying away from modulars. :)

Those are way too cool and way too expensive for my wallet. I like themes, which have big mid and small size sets. At least this way I can have something every now and then :). Modulars are just way too expensive for me, so it would mean one set with huge gaps of non Lego time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Don't you just love when the boxes and bags from bricklink come clattering through the letterbox... just annoying when the one part you need most is in the last order to arrive!

Treadhead wrote: »
    Don't you just love when the boxes and bags from bricklink come clattering through the letterbox... just annoying when the one part you need most is in the last order to arrive!

As much as i LOVE what bricklink is, i really am iffy now to be mixing my own brand new lego with second hand lego... I know it sounds stupid, but i am just a weirdo like that. :o
    I need to check shops which sell only brand new pieces, if there are any...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

When searching for things you can specify the condition you are looking for, either new or used.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Yup, personally I tend to only buy new pieces unless the ones I'm after are only available second hand...

• Advertisement

Aye. I did found few shops that deal mostly in new parts. Will be putting an order myself any day now. I have an idea of basic stuff I need.

KRAM - highly recommended, fast, great range of parts and pretty much all new...

Lads, my package from amazon came in. It was just smal bits and small lego " riddles of the ring" from hobbit.

Well the whole packages was completely destroyed and tipped open. You could clearly see what's inside. Plus the lego box completely squished. I was planing on keeping it as collection item, but box is destroyed!
    Any point coming back to amazon with this? They were always great service, but this is just a piss taker. Most likely it's not even their fault too. I presume I could sent it off back, but for a small set it is not worth the hassle I guess.

Lads, my package from amazon came in. It was just smal bits and small lego " riddles of the ring" from hobbit.

Well the whole packages was completely destroyed and tipped open. You could clearly see what's inside. Plus the lego box completely squished. I was planing on keeping it as collection item, but box is destroyed!
    Any point coming back to amazon with this? They were always great service, but this is just a piss taker. Most likely it's not even their fault too. I presume I could sent it off back, but for a small set it is not worth the hassle I guess.

If it was a larger set I'd send it back but you're right, almost doesn't seem worth the hassle. Your best bet IMO is to take pictures and send them and ask for a partial refund.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Was all this speculation on the web the past few days about real 14ct gold minifigs from the new series being "golden tickets" to visit the Lego factory just an April fools or actually true?

Also, I suspect the announcement that Lego was to do a new Architecture set based on the BT Tower in London was also an April Fool.

If it was a larger set I'd send it back but you're right, almost doesn't seem worth the hassle. Your best bet IMO is to take pictures and send them and ask for a partial refund.

I just left feedback on packaging. I cant really complain that much about amazon as I got sooo many good deals of them already and all of the packages were very well packed.Though if there is something to learn from all this - Dont order small Lego sets from amazon as those will be packed in envelopes for better "crushing".

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Was all this speculation on the web the past few days about real 14ct gold minifigs from the new series being "golden tickets" to visit the Lego factory just an April fools or actually true?

Also, I suspect the announcement that Lego was to do a new Architecture set based on the BT Tower in London was also an April Fool.

Both April Fools gags.

Well well well. Lego.com has free shipping with 55eu++ orders. It's a shame no mire double VIP points though.

I wonder is that just for limited time or it will stay for longer? When I get wages thus Friday I might make myself a small package. I work 6 days week's again and next week too. I might reward myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I see that CUUSOO votes for the mini-shop theme have reached 10,000.:)
    http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/15229

These mini-shop sets really look great!

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

Advertisement