Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Decorum in Irish airport bars

Options
  • 10-06-2019 8:11pm
    Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Paddy and Mary really let themselves down. I had the misfortune to visit an airport bar last week, flying out at 6am to attend important business meetings. The "gentlemen" were staggering around the place swilling and spilling their drink. The "ladies" were more like tramps, the type you might **** with a condom on after a few too many beverages. It was most disagreeable. Have you encountered such uncouth scenes? I must choose the airport lounge next time for a more refined experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Dexter2019

Balanadan wrote: »
    Paddy and Mary really let themselves down. I had the misfortune to visit an airport bar last week, flying out at 6am to attend important business meetings. The "gentlemen" were staggering around the place swilling and spilling their drink. The "ladies" were more like tramps, the type you might **** with a condom on after a few too many beverages. It was most disagreeable. Have you encountered such uncouth scenes? I must choose the airport lounge next time for a more refined experience.

Did you take off your shoes before entering After Hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,880 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ah Paddy its yourself... jaysus you made some show of yourself in the airport bar last week.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Enough about the pilots...what were the passengers like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

If you had ever been in the lounge you'd know the dough balls outclass the alcohol by at least the class of a beluga caviar.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Get sick at the smell if drink at that hour,never mind drinking the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

3 out of 10
    More effort needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Snotty wrote: »
    3 out of 10. More effort needed

I think the thread can be molded into a decent Ryanair bashing thread with a little tlc.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Dexter2019 wrote: »
    Did you take off your shoes before entering After Hours?

Most certainly not, and I'll wipe my feet on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm so posh I only fly from London

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Just shows, the use and abuse of alcohol isn't the defining factor when it comes to having a modicum of class...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

They'll let anyone fly these days.

People going to business meetings and people going to important business meetings.

Seriously though,
    Some people should no better and behave better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

biko wrote: »
    I'm so posh I only fly from London

and thumb to get there in the first place.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

OP, how did the ‘important business meetings’ go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

flying out at 6am to attend important business meetings.

You’re no Aongus Von Bismarck

OP, how did the ‘important business meetings’ go?

Very well. I made some great deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Very well. I made some great deals.

Donald, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Clicked on the thread, read OP, scroll 3 comments down, got bored, went back to AH, clicked on it again to double check if this is Anghus Von Bismarck, was disappointed.

Who is this Angus Van Besmirch that you refer to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I must choose the airport lounge next time for a more refined experience.

DAA & Aer Club lounges are like the Ritz

Make sure the Missus wears the tiara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Is this going to be one of those threads where pintman paddy losty and Johnny flash keep showing up to tell us how great their sex life is or how smelly a dump they have?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

So

Why were you in the bar?

Caught. Rapid.

jcorr wrote: »
    Is this going to be one of those threads where pintman paddy losty and Johnny flash keep showing up to tell us how great their sex life is or how smelly a dump they have?

Well. Yes. That’s every thread.

I’ll be honest with you,op. When I’m travelling at 6am it’s past security and straight to the gate with me. Not sure I’d take get up even earlier to take detour to watch Mary and Paddy get boisterous in the only pub open at that hour. And if i did I’d keep it quiet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Was in Airport bar in Dublin flying out to Moldovia about three months ago. All the Moldovian lads were lashing back 6 euro Heinekens. Only myself on the stout. Stole two packets of crisps (Keoghs). Nice lads in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sounds like they were....travellers...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Don't be running down the boys. They're making After Hours great again.

An adolescent laughing at his own wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

An adolescent laughing at his own wind.

Don’t know about Paddy, but I’m living rent free inside your head!!! Stick me on ignore there, fella, for the good of your nerves. You take the whole AH thing very seriously. Would a game of pitch and putt or something cheer you up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If you were really going to 'important business meetings', you'd have been in the lounge, not the bar.

1/10

Advertisement