Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-01-2018, 15:10   #46
Ulysses Gaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
Being an aggressive and interviewer can be a good thing when dealing with evasive people but she completely misrepresented what he was saying and he wasn’t being evasive. It’s clear she brought he own agenda and preconceptions into the interview.
Perhaps C4 thought they were getting an Alt-Right idiotic shill like Richard Spencer who they could shout down rather than someone with actual intellectual capacity like Jordan Peterson.
Advertisement
21-01-2018, 15:13   #47
brevity

She was way too...tabloidish which was a bit disappointing but I think this could have been deliberate. She asked the questions that other people would have been thinking and in a way showed up how silly some of the arguments are.
(3) thanks from:
21-01-2018, 15:17   #48
TheDavester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayditch View Post
Why do bloggers on the right always have to use terms like CRUSHED and DESTROYED!!!!'???

It's a bit embarrassing.
Same as the left using slayed-owned
(2) thanks from:
21-01-2018, 15:18   #49
Potatoeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses Gaze View Post
Perhaps C4 thought they were getting an Alt-Right idiotic shill like Richard Spencer who they could shout down rather than someone with actual intellectual capacity like Jordan Peterson.
This is the problem with labeling people incorrectly. She had an idea of him which was completely false and she carried it into the interview. People are using these labels to invalidate other people’s opinions that they don’t like but can’t debate.
21-01-2018, 15:22   #50
markodaly

Channel 4 interview technique brought to you by Brass Eye.
Advertisement
21-01-2018, 15:23   #51
kneemos

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevity View Post
She was way too...tabloidish which was a bit disappointing but I think this could have been deliberate. She asked the questions that other people would have been thinking and in a way showed up how silly some of the arguments are.

Nobody with three functioning brain cells was thinking those questions.
(3) thanks from:
21-01-2018, 15:26   #52
buried

Its amazing how much modern day news has evolved into exactly what Brasseye was
21-01-2018, 15:45   #53
TomSweeney

Didn't really read through the thread apart from the opening post and the interview of course - but when all these 3rd wave feminists have is "who can be the biggest victim" angle and trying to twist everything into sexist nonsense then they are going to fail.

Also, I like the way she would pick out the smallest possible thing she perceived as sexist, but if she had an Imam on her show she would be all over him on how tolerant and progressive he is
21-01-2018, 15:46   #54
khaldrogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0jangles
Isn't he the guy who thinks being asked to use a transgender person's preferred pronouns is oppression and a sign of the impending collapse of modern society?

He'd be right
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-01-2018, 15:47   #55
TomSweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
This is the problem with labeling people incorrectly. She had an idea of him which was completely false and she carried it into the interview. People are using these labels to invalidate other people’s opinions that they don’t like but can’t debate.
Bang on!!
(2) thanks from:
21-01-2018, 15:47   #56
Arghus

Obviously it was going to be a one way massacre once things got going in that interview.

I've listened to his talks, heard him interviewed and read some stuff by him and I think he's a man with a lot of good things to say, but I still can't find myself warming to Jordan Peterson - I think he seems extremely self-righteous and arrogant.
(3) thanks from:
21-01-2018, 15:50   #57
TomSweeney

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0jangles View Post
Isn't he the guy who thinks being asked to use a transgender person's preferred pronouns is oppression and a sign of the impending collapse of modern society?
And to prove the posters point about false labels .... thank you.
21-01-2018, 15:50   #58
alan partridge aha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arghus View Post
Obviously it was going to be a one way massacre once things got going in that interview.

I've listened to his talks, heard him interviewed and read some stuff by him and I think he's a man with a lot of good things to say, but I still can't find myself warming to Jordan Peterson - I think he seems extremely self-righteous and arrogant.
When he's dealing with ill prepared idiots would you blame him.
21-01-2018, 15:59   #59
DaaaaaaaaaaN

It was at 22:50 that Cathy realised she fúcked up.
(3) thanks from:
21-01-2018, 15:59   #60
khaldrogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0jangles
He makes his position quite clear in this one. He thinks his personal principals are more important than treating other people with basic respect and good manners.

As Been Sharpiro rightly says, if you call yourself a a man when you are clearly a woman or vice versa that's fine. But telling me that I have to do the same is wrong.(not verbatim)

If we all just follow along like sheep in this situation what we will have is a butt load of millennials constantly flip flopping genders for likes on social media while the actual real people with gender disphoria(sp) etc won't be any further along being accepted or considered normal as they should be.

EG. A man. John. John wants to be addressed as she. John does not want to be a woman (surgery) or even dress as a woman. John just wants to be addressed as she. John will still date woman, will still use male toilets, will still be in every way a male except he wants to be addressed as a she. This may sound ridiculous but I guarantee you that is happening somewhere in America right now.

This is the way the world is going thanks to all the PC bullsh1t and SJWs going around. Imo.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion