Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-10-2017, 20:33   #46
Ulysses Gaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobBS View Post
I'd say this thug is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what happens in Hollywood.
It gets a hell of a lot darker if you read what Corey Feldman has to say about Hollywood.
Advertisement
08-10-2017, 20:37   #47
meeeeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uosdwis R. Dewoh View Post
"That's locker room" - locker room when you're a conservative, inappropriate when you're a liberal Jew.

I expect Kelly to be fired shortly.
In fairness in case of Weinstein it seems to be a bit more than just talk that they have on him. Don't make him a victim of political witch hunt. If allegations are true he abused his power decades.
08-10-2017, 20:55   #48
Biggest lickspittle on boardz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses Gaze View Post
It gets a hell of a lot darker if you read what Corey Feldman has to say about Hollywood.

There was a documentary recently that shone a light in some very dark Hollywood corners, particularly on the matter of child sexual abuse in Hollywood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Open_Secret

Strange how the loudest, most powerful celebrity voices around the world who have an opinion on EVERYTHING else were strangely quiet...

I just don't get it. Are they bought off, threatened, or worst of all, just empty virtue signalling cowards?
08-10-2017, 21:18   #49
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses Gaze View Post
Elijah Wood said Hollywood is pretty messed up for child actors as well.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/el...em-1201781021/
(2) thanks from:
09-10-2017, 00:48   #50
Jake1

Terminated

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...nstein-1046874

"The directors of The Weinstein Company [...] have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately."
Harvey Weinstein has been terminated from The Weinstein Company.
Advertisement
09-10-2017, 01:07   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Weinstein Talent Agency View Post
Odd how Obama and Clinton stayed quite...
Clinton was his next door neighbor
Thanks from:
09-10-2017, 01:12   #52
SeanW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uosdwis R. Dewoh View Post
"That's locker room" - locker room when you're a conservative, inappropriate when you're a liberal Jew.

I expect Kelly to be fired shortly.
President Trump made some stupid remarks.

Harvey Weinstein actually abused women. His actions went FAR beyond Trumps.

If you can't see the difference between making dumb comments and actually abusing people, it suggests at minimum a very narrow mindset.
09-10-2017, 03:16   #53
ceadaoin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Elijah Wood said Hollywood is pretty messed up for child actors as well.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/el...em-1201781021/
He had to back track after going on record about that. He issued a statement a few days later denying everything. That's why no one high profile speaks out, their careers would be over if they did.
09-10-2017, 08:53   #54
Biggest lickspittle on boardz

There is an excellent article in the Chicago Tribune about Harvey Weinstein and his political connections. And guess who Weinstein was a fundraiser for?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifest...009-story.html

In other news, Weinstein's lawyer Lisa Bloom has quit as his legal representative:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/07/b...-attorney.html

This ball is really starting to roll on this one. We could be looking at the biggest sex abuse scandal since the Catholic Church revelations in the 90's.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-10-2017, 09:51   #55

Sometimes all it takes is a spark like this and the whole thing can unravel before our eyes. Hollywood is a cess pit. If even a quarter of the rumours about some of the stuff these guys get up are true then the Hollywood virtue signaling jet set are at best criminals and at worst pure evil.
(3) thanks from:
09-10-2017, 10:19   #56
fryup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candie View Post
I wouldn't go assuming that any actress is only successful because she put out. It's just a little unfair, unless you've evidence other than your opinion of them as an actress.

Sharon Stone was very beautiful, sometimes that's enough.
and sometimes it isn't, and you have to go that "extra mile"
Thanks from:
09-10-2017, 10:46   #57
Wibbs
Wibbed for your pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobBS View Post
Sometimes all it takes is a spark like this and the whole thing can unravel before our eyes.
I doubt it BB. Like I said earlier when stuff like this does come out and the scapegoat is unmasked it acts as a pressure release and makes it look like Hollywood is cleaning up its act, but otherwise it's business as usual.

What may cause issues is the continuing silence of stars, particularly big name women stars who have sung this guys praises for decades. Streep an obvious one. But it's all about the profile and cash. She'll pipe up when it looks like either of those are threatened.
09-10-2017, 10:52   #58

I wonder why Rose McGowan and others weren't "brave" enough to speak out 20 years ago when the "abuse" was meant to be happening ?

Clearly putting up with it got their careers progressed - and if you are willing to accept that, it's no business of mine.

But don't come the victim decades later and expect to be taken seriously.
(3) thanks from:
09-10-2017, 11:07   #59
meeeeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterParker957 View Post
I wonder why Rose McGowan and others weren't "brave" enough to speak out 20 years ago when the "abuse" was meant to be happening ?

Clearly putting up with it got their careers progressed - and if you are willing to accept that, it's no business of mine.

But don't come the victim decades later and expect to be taken seriously.
Oh you mean only those women who are prepared to sacrifice their livelihoods are victims.

It's funny how abusive behaviour can be so easily excused and how victims are held up to unrealistic standards and abuse is ok because nobody said anything.

Last edited by meeeeh; 09-10-2017 at 11:10.
09-10-2017, 11:09   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeeeh View Post
Oh you mean only those women who are prw
Don't know what prw means but whilst he is (if accusations are proved) a horrendous pervert, my point does stand that you can't accept a "perk" and then cry about it later, especially knowing that you staying silent and growing your fame may have led to others being abused.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion