Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-08-2017, 11:22   #31
draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.
Advertisement
25-08-2017, 11:25   #32
Grayson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzanti View Post
Below is an excerpt from the Centre for Disease Control website. I just randomly picked the HPV vaccine, but the advice is similar for most of the vaccines.

I'm not an "anti-vaxxer". My son is vaccinated fully. But I would ponder why there is no allergy test for kids before the vaccines are given. They appear to acknowledge that some are susceptible to allergic reaction. But how are we to know if we're going to have a "life threatening reaction" to a vaccine, if you've never had it before?

I would akin it to handing out peanuts to a class full of kids, who've never had peanuts, without some sort of patch test first.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...ORNWItttJv7VuA
That would depend on the rates of peanut allergies Vs the rates of vaccine allergies.

Lots of things like aspirin are given to people without knowing if they have an allergy for it. It's just not practical to test like that.
Plus without the vaccine what are the percentage chances of the kid getting sick and dying?
25-08-2017, 11:27   #33
judeboy101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
Did you read to the end of that?
European and north american not the same batch.
25-08-2017, 11:28   #34
Ashbourne hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger123 View Post
The parents are making bad decisions based on scientifically unfounded concerns, and jeopardizing the health of their kids. Its pretty awful.

All based on ****e they read on their FB feed.
That's it exactly. There is no reasoning with them. Any scientific proof you give them is dismissed as "big pharma"...its quite scary the amount of people who believe this
25-08-2017, 11:30   #35
judeboy101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbourne hoop View Post
That's it exactly. There is no reasoning with them. Any scientific proof you give them is dismissed as "big pharma"...its quite scary the amount of people who believe this
The same big pharma that experimented on Irish boys and girls in mother and baby homes?
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-08-2017, 11:33   #36
osarusan

If my understanding of the law is correct, a parent who is simply too lazy or disorganised to get their child vaccinated can get into legal trouble for exposing the child to serious risk of harm, but if they make a decision (on whatever principle) not to vaccinate their child, then they can't...even though obviously the exposure to risk is just the same. Completely bizarre, if true.
25-08-2017, 11:35   #37
draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.
25-08-2017, 11:38   #38
Ashbourne hoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by judeboy101 View Post
The same big pharma that experimented on Irish boys and girls in mother and baby homes?
As I recall it was "big pharma" (GSK)who uncovered and revealed this after they bought one of the labs involved. Nothing really to do with anti vaxxers though.

Last edited by Ashbourne hoop; 25-08-2017 at 11:43.
25-08-2017, 11:43   #39
xzanti

Quote:
That would depend on the rates of peanut allergies Vs the rates of vaccine allergies.

Lots of things like aspirin are given to people without knowing if they have an allergy for it. It's just not practical to test like that.
Plus without the vaccine what are the percentage chances of the kid getting sick and dying?
Good point.

But, with vaccines being such a hotly debated and loaded subject among parents. Would it not be in the interest of the Pharmacy industry to provide some sort of reassurance for parents who may be on the fence, or just plain terrified of vaccinating? If they could be told that their child will have an allergy test before the shot is given? If it was even available upon request only.

If it even boosted the rate of vaccinations by a few percent, and saved a few lives, wouldn't it be worth it?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-08-2017, 11:44   #40
alchemist33

Quote:
Originally Posted by judeboy101 View Post
No. "Big pharma" is not a single entity.
25-08-2017, 11:49   #41
judeboy101
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist33 View Post
No. "Big pharma" is not a single entity.
Sire it isn't, same way the tobacco industry isn't.
(3) thanks from:
25-08-2017, 11:50   #42
boneyarsebogman

Send a message via MSN to boneyarsebogman
Any parent that doesn't vaccinate their child should be blocked from receiving any benefits whatsoever with regards to said child - they should lose all child payment. They are the sole reason why in some parts of the world we're getting a resurgence of diseases and illness that haven't been seen for decades.

We vaccinate for a reason.
25-08-2017, 11:58   #43
jamesbere

Quote:
Originally Posted by draiochtanois View Post
I think that Facebook is a cancer on society for this among other things.
It's not Facebooks fault, it's the idiots on it that are the problem
25-08-2017, 12:00   #44
LirW

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzanti View Post
Good point.

But, with vaccines being such a hotly debated and loaded subject among parents. Would it not be in the interest of the Pharmacy industry to provide some sort of reassurance for parents who may be on the fence, or just plain terrified of vaccinating? If they could be told that their child will have an allergy test before the shot is given? If it was even available upon request only.

If it even boosted the rate of vaccinations by a few percent, and saved a few lives, wouldn't it be worth it?
But what I don't understand is that people take pain killers and a huge amount of other over-the-counter stuff without even questioning it or worrying about allergies. Tampons can have side effects, birth control has side effects (I mean people have latex allergies or react to the lube), many painkillers do. But people usually don't waste a second thinking about these before using it.
Why with vaccines?

I mean when your car breaks or a pipe you consult a mechanic or a plumber and take their expert advise. Why is there so much mistrust when it comes to doctors?
25-08-2017, 12:05   #45
irishgrover

Quote:
Did you read to the end of that?
But the CDC study was for the US vaccine, which did not contain the compound that it's EU counterparts had linked to narcolepsy....?
So unless I'm missing something (which is totally possible) I think that your assessment is invalid?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion