Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-06-2019, 18:41   #4111
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancapailldorcha View Post
She was in the worst Blade film and the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre so clearly we should be ignoring the scientists and doctors.
And she didn't take the opportunity to name her new child Batmo.
Advertisement
14-06-2019, 04:13   #4112
batgoat

Quote:
She was in the worst Blade film and the remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre so clearly we should be ignoring the scientists and doctors.
In fairness, great in The Sinner... But god knows why these people think their opinions on the subject are of any value...

Last edited by batgoat; 14-06-2019 at 04:18.
(3) thanks from:
14-06-2019, 06:30   #4113
Brian?

Send a message via MSN to Brian?
Quote:
Wasn't she Mr Peanutbutters ex wife in Bojack Horseman?
Thanks from:
14-06-2019, 07:33   #4114
ancapailldorcha
Order! Order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgoat View Post
In fairness, great in The Sinner... But god knows why these people think their opinions on the subject are of any value...
In fairness, B nobody can be an expert on everything. Or even one thing based on how every aspect of society seems to be getting ever more complex. It's this idea that scientists and doctors are in cahoots with big Pharma, whatever that is, and that the biggest morons and scam artists are the only ones talking sense that I don't understand.

The cynic in me reckons Biel is just looking for attention. She's not even a C-lister any more.
14-06-2019, 08:58   #4115
hcf500

I did some research over the last few weeks in my spare time and I would have to side with the pro vaxxers. There is plenty evedince available to show that vaccination is safe.
Couldn't find anything on Jessica Biel but if you look into most of these anti vaxxers you will find that they are pro trump
Advertisement
14-06-2019, 09:08   #4116
jackboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxmoth View Post
Tamiflu/oseltamivir is a very good example of regulatory failure and how an ineffective drug can gain widespread acceptance (including WHO approval). When the full clinical data was eventually procured the producers claims were found not to be upheld. The reduction in duration of symptoms in adults is ~16hrs (from 7 to 6.3 days) and there are significant side effects.
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr...5/CD008965.pdf
If this is true then why is Tamiflu still on the market and being prescribed by doctors. Governments have stockpiles of this and when the next flu pandemic hits there will be massive demand for this.

If the clinical data was found to be not reliable then this means that all the pharma regulatory bodies worldwide are corrupt, in that they are allowing a known ineffective drug to remain on the market. Is this realistic?
14-06-2019, 15:36   #4117
Ipso

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcf500 View Post
I did some research over the last few weeks in my spare time and I would have to side with the pro vaxxers. There is plenty evedince available to show that vaccination is safe.
Couldn't find anything on Jessica Biel but if you look into most of these anti vaxxers you will find that they are pro trump
Robert de Niro is a high profile anti vaxxer and is not pro Trump. Then there’s RFK jr, and he has aligned with two cults (scientology and the nation of islam on the issue). If you want to make a dig at Trump supporters then try something else because frankly liberalism is infested with this type of woo nonsense.
The anti fact crowd seem to fall into a couple areas; conservatives seem to be based on anti authority or anti science and liberals anti corporation and their idea of what natural should be.
Thanks from:
14-06-2019, 15:39   #4118
TheIrishGrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipso View Post
Robert de Niro is a high profile anti vaxxer .....

Aw maaaan. I used to like DeNiro..... Dammit
14-06-2019, 16:00   #4119
Dohnjoe

Quote:
Robert de Niro is a high profile anti vaxxer and is not pro Trump. Then there’s RFK jr, and he has aligned with two cults (scientology and the nation of islam on the issue). If you want to make a dig at Trump supporters then try something else because frankly liberalism is infested with this type of woo nonsense.
The anti fact crowd seem to fall into a couple areas; conservatives seem to be based on anti authority or anti science and liberals anti corporation and their idea of what natural should be.
AKA the fringes on both sides of the political spectrum. United by their tendencies to get behind utter nonsense.
Advertisement
14-06-2019, 16:14   #4120
is_that_so

Quote:
In fairness, B nobody can be an expert on everything. Or even one thing based on how every aspect of society seems to be getting ever more complex. It's this idea that scientists and doctors are in cahoots with big Pharma, whatever that is, and that the biggest morons and scam artists are the only ones talking sense that I don't understand.

The cynic in me reckons Biel is just looking for attention. She's not even a C-lister any more.
Rich people , especially in entertainment, often feel they have to put their name to something noble. Some of them have the smarts to do so very well but many just have instant recognition, well-followed social media accounts and a sense that they should be heard.
14-06-2019, 16:40   #4121
Ipso

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_that_so View Post
Rich people , especially in entertainment, often feel they have to put their name to something noble. Some of them have the smarts to do so very well but many just have instant recognition, well-followed social media accounts and a sense that they should be heard.
I'll take a wild guess that she is also a fan of wellness and treating the whole person.
14-06-2019, 16:48   #4122
is_that_so

Quote:
I'll take a wild guess that she is also a fan of wellness and treating the whole person.
Doesn't eat dairy or gluten and does yoga. Most of her other charitable work is non-controversial.
14-06-2019, 16:51   #4123
ohnonotgmail

It seems she isnt actually anti-vax after all. https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...accination-law

Her opposition to the bill is due to a restriction on medical exemptions it would oppose.
Thanks from:
14-06-2019, 16:53   #4124
is_that_so

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonotgmail View Post
It seems she isnt actually anti-vax after all. https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...accination-law

Her opposition to the bill is due to a restriction on medical exemptions it would oppose.
From that article - She declined to vaccinate her son in 2015, so at best she seems to favour uninformed choice. Optics of supporting an anti-vaxxer not exactly good.
14-06-2019, 19:51   #4125
Seth Brundle
Error: 404 Personality Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by is_that_so View Post
I'm reminded of Brass Eye now

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion