Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What did you have for lunch thread - NO BLOG LINKS & NO PIC QUOTING

• 22-09-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Since we have a 'Here's what I had for dinner' thread, can we have a Here's what we had for lunch? I am always looking for ideas on good healthy lunches to bring in with me so hopefully this will take off! Photos always nice too :)

I'll start: M&S Quiche Lorraine and a kinder egg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ Zoey Dead Tunnel

Brought in some of last night's leftovers!

Spaghetti Bolognaise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Brilliant, if this thread takes off that means loads of ideas for 'batch-cooking' to bring in the next day for lunch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've just had a bowl of lentil soup that I made a huge pot of earlier - with home made milk loaf dipped in it.

And a packet of Walker's cheese & onion crisps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,744 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Smoked sausage, boiled spuds, sauerkraut, brussel sprouts & creamed leeks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I made some vegetable gulash on Sunday, so I had leftovers from that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ham cheese and mustard sammiches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm in college and have ran out of money due to alcoholism.
    I therefore had half a bag of Haribo I had left over from Monday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I had a shallow-fried chicken fillet and some delish multi-grain brown bread. Very much a "what do I have in the house" job today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Leftovers from last night's dinner; stuffed steak with roasties, and a salad - half from Lidl, half from my garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

rasher and grated cheese bagel with chilli mayo

yum!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

I'm having salad: iceberg, tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella, red onion and black olives with balsamic dressing.
    I've become slightly addicted to mozzarella.

Probably with a ryvita cracker with cashew nut butter for dessert :D

Today I will be having a tin of tomato soup with brown bread, and a lettuce and nastirtum salad.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

today i will be having yesterdays leftover korma with quorn chicken bits.

himself said it is really tasty, i am dying with a cold and cant taste a thing:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Today I will be having nothing due to reasons outside of my control (lol,not,see post up the page)
    I will be having the same in the 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I HOPED to have the leftovers of the last night's mushroom risotto, but there are never leftovers in our house, no matter how much I make. My boyfriend just loves home-cookin'!

Instead I had cheese and crackers with grapes, followed by yoghurt and granola.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'm gonna have some chicken dippers and chips! I'm not the best cook! I'll have to take a leaf out of yer books lads! :pac:

Pork burgers, polenta & string beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Sammich - 2 white sliced bread, spoon of tuna, spoon of coleslaw (dunnes) grate of cheese, iceberg lettuce, onion.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm having lunch for dinner today because I got a serious amount of exercise already today, so I'm having pasta with bacon, peas, carrots, sweetcorn and garlic with sour cream. Tasty!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Burger King :o

Double cheeseburger meal with coke and a chocolate milkshake :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Portion of microwave pasta and mayo at 12, hope to get some protein in later...am a really bad eater, eat whenever my son lets me! May have a decaf coffee with a splash of milk now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

My mother treated me to lunch, bless her. I had fried fillet of haddock, chunky chips and a lovely big salad. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had smoke salmon sandwich with salad and a handful of crisps.

Had homemade veg soup and ham, cheese, tomato and red onion panini

Today will be 2 eggs (1 duck, one hen) scrambled, brown bread, and a salad of lettuce, spinach and cherry tomato.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Today is homemade carrot and coriander soup with brown bread and a ham, cherry tomato and cheese sandwich to follow. Can't wait I'm starved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

What's the difference in taste between a duck egg and a hen's egg?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Kimia wrote: »
    What's the difference in taste between a duck egg and a hen's egg?

I would like to know this too! I've never had a duck egg and someone gave us a half dozen from his own ducks today but I'm not sure what's the best way to eat them!

I get duck eggs occasionally & love them boiled just like a regular hen's egg.
    They're also great for baking.

• Advertisement

get some everyweek, they are a little stronger tasting than hens eggs

Advertisement