Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's This Forum For - PLEASE READ!

• 03-12-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭

The purpose of this forum is to give boardsie cyclists somewhere to share their cycling training goals, track progress, help and support each other.

For examples of how similar forums are used elsewhere, see:

boards.ie > Rec > Fitness > Fitness Logs
    boards.ie > Sports > Athletics / Running / Triathlon > Training Logs

These guidelines will evolve, but for now just try and be positive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

/takes the floor for discussion.

I'm not sure what to do with this place.

Me for example.
    I am moving towards establishing goals for next year. Options presently include (in no order) Dublin Marathon. The winter duathlon series in the park. A number of middle distance running races. A few triathlons. And I'm considering joining Orwell, to gain access to club league I last raced 12 years ago.
    I have the beginnings of a log in a/r/t.
    My background is exclusively cycling, albeit nowt in 8 or 9 years.

Is this place for cycling only? can it support runners? Cross trainers?

it's like the cycling forum as against the fitness forum as against A/R/T - a lot of threads are in common - HRMs, etc, etc.

I'm a member of the cycling forum community, and therefore should my log be here, irrespective of content, or should this be reserved for cycling ambitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

uberwolf wrote: »
    I'm a member of the cycling forum community, and therefore should my log be here, irrespective of content, or should this be reserved for cycling ambitions?

I think that's question only you can answer... look deep within yourself and ask solemnly: am I a cyclist?

Well are you?

If the answer is "I am!" then log here and we can all agree to treat your non cycling activities (spit) as some sort of cross-training for what really matters: the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

niceonetom wrote: »
    I think that's question only you can answer... look deep within yourself and ask solemnly: am I a cyclist?

seems a fair assessment. There are differing expertise's in the various fora, so it'll be a question of where you feel the log will sit best.

Anyone else have a view of what this forum can be?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

[QUOTE=

Anyone else have a view of what this forum can be?[/QUOTE]

Hope it will be an interactive forum for training/support group. At the very least it may help to filter out the RLJ/helmet/taxi threads

Advertisement