Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-11-2020, 01:24   #1
PGE1970

There is a generation that has not grown up with .......

I was 50 this year. It makes you think.

I look at my kids.

For me they they are a generation that has not grown up with nor know.......

The Smiths

Only Fools and Horses

Abject Unemployment

Anyone else?
(5) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-11-2020, 01:40   #4
Arghus

Reading about a band for ages before you actually got a chance to listen to them.
Advertisement
15-11-2020, 01:43   #6
MikeOxsgreen

Going to the video library , renting your video, getting it home to discover its crap
(109) thanks from:
Aisling(",), Alicano, Arbie, Arghus, Arlessienne, Atlantic Dawn, BalboBiggins, banie01, biko, blindside88, Brussels Sprout, Bunnypaws, cal naughton, Canis Lupus, Capt'n Midnight, Ceirseach, cgq300, Chinese whospers, ChromeDreams, Church on Tuesday, circadian, dark crystal, dastardly00, dmc17, Doctor Jimbob, dominatinMC, Donall.ID.3, Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, drake70, drive3331, Drumpot, Dub Ste, DukeCaboom, earthwormjack, Eleven Benevolent Elephants, Fart, Filmer Paradise, Floppybits, For Forks Sake, FoxyVixen, frag420, gerrybbadd, Goodigal, Gooey Looey, Hercule Poirot, Homelander, howamidifferent, howyanow, Immortal Starlight, ixoy, jacksonsarm, Jamie2k9, jimmycrackcorm, johnnyskeleton, JPCN1, JupiterKid, JustAThought, Kingp35, kowloon, lawred2, livinginkorea, maebee, Mam of 4, McGaggs, mcsean2163, Meleftone, Midnight_EG, mojesius, nano267, NetChat101, nibtrix, Notdeco, ofcork, ongarboy, parttime, peniz2peniz, pg633, PGE1970, Posy, Potential-Monke, Purgative, Rebel_Kn1ght, Rezident, RiderOnTheStorm, riffmongous, Santan, Sardonicat, Sarn, scwazrh, Sgt Hartman, shrewd, SmallTeapot, Stephen Gawking, Steyr 556, sugarman, Tabnabs, Tazio, teroknor83, the_pen_turner, tnegun, Tommybojangles, Topgear on Dave, UI_Paddy, Vita nova, Vowel Movement, wench, wowy, xieann, xzanti
15-11-2020, 01:43   #7
Gregor Samsa

Every generation of the million years of human evolution up until the 1980s grew up without Only Fools And Horses and The Smiths. And all the other stuff that defines your formative years.

This generation, and every one after then for the next million years of human evolution, will get in just fine without them too.
15-11-2020, 02:03   #8
Vita nova

Looking through a telephone directory or the Golden Pages (yellow pages) for a number or service.
Ordering items from a paper catalogue over the phone or by post.
15-11-2020, 02:07   #9
fleet_admiral

My wife's friends 13 year old daughter doesn't know how to turn on an oven or butter bread. I do blame the (single) mother but I fear there is a generation coming up that don't have basic skills in self sufficiency. They are more concerned with men having periods

Last edited by Ted_YNWA; 16-11-2020 at 11:29.
(65) thanks from:
1800_Ladladlad, 4Ad, amber69, Birdsong, brisan, cal naughton, Cee-Jay-Cee, cgq300, Charles Babbage, CoBo55, Cookie_Monster, CtevenSrowder, daheff, Day Lewin, deodub, DJIMI TRARORE, dominatinMC, Donall.ID.3, Dtp1979, Dub Ste, Eleven Benevolent Elephants, Filmer Paradise, FintanMcluskey, FoxyVixen, Gooey Looey, Grueller, Gwynplaine, howamidifferent, howyanow, joebloggs32, KungPao, Leftyflip, limklad, LineConsole, mark_jmc, martinr5232, Metroid diorteM, mustang shelly, oookkkaaayyy, parttime, Pompey Magnus, Portlawslim, Potential-Monke, rainbowtrout, Rented Mule, Rezident, scotchy, Signore Fancy Pants, spaceHopper, spook_cook, Stephen Gawking, sugarman, SVI40, Tabnabs, TheAsYLuMkeY, theguzman, the_pen_turner, Tommybojangles, topmanamillion, Ubbquittious, weldoninhio, Wojtek the Bear, wowy, yuridwyer, _Kaiser_
Advertisement
15-11-2020, 02:12   #10
Vita nova

Visiting or phoning a travel agent to book a holiday or flight.
15-11-2020, 03:09   #11
Jim2007

I’m sure current and future generations will get on just fine without all the crap of previous generations. After all there are a lot of 50+ year olds that don’t know how to solder a hole in a bucket with a fire iron, or an electric one for that matter... replace a valve in a radio or fix a tv... all skill that were thought to be useful when I were a boy.
15-11-2020, 03:12   #12
Raichu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleet_admiral View Post
My wife's friends 13 year old daughter doesn't know how to turn on an oven or butter bread. I do blame the (single) mother but I fear there is a generation coming up that don't have basic skills in self sufficiency. They are more concerned with men having periods (which is mental illness)
Sure look she’s a kid still. She might not be able to use an oven, but there’s adults just over twice her age who can’t use most modern technology effortlessly. These are skills she‘ll learn in time. My brother didn’t figure out how an oven works till the day before he left to college at 18.
15-11-2020, 03:21   #13
Atlantic Dawn

Having to tax your car at the motor taxation office. It was basically a smoke filled piss laden aired fooking kip that you had to fill in a form that took a good 10 minutes despite the fact you just wanted to add another years tax to your car you already owned based on the registration xyz123.
15-11-2020, 03:54   #14
JustAThought

the misery of endless remorseless political correctness.
15-11-2020, 04:03   #15
smurf492

Buttered popcorn at the cinema...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion