04-05-2021, 14:45   #16
Orange Tiny Terror

Sickening these useless no talent narcissists make a living from being good at social media. Meanwhile people who put in years of work to become artists or musicians struggle. Too many stupid people around.
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 14:46   #17
biko
Arbiter

I'm still waiting to be influenced.
04-05-2021, 14:48   #18
Snickers Man

What's Instagram?
04-05-2021, 14:53   #19
FTA69

It’s all sh*te. A load of narcissistic nonsense driving people to acquire more and more and feel worse about themselves. That Instagram and the behaviour it generates is a curse. Honestly sick to death of celebrity culture, ‘influencers’ and that whole cultural morass.
04-05-2021, 14:55   #20
JimmyVik

I was reading a finance blog from a girl who fancies herself as an expert on making money.
She was telling everyone how she built an extension on her house and it cost her €70k and she has it rented as a self contained flat with its own door.
She had spreadsheets and workings with payback period etc on it.
I really hope noone takes her advice.
Because revenue have surely taken note and will come knocking on her door in 10 or 15 years looking for their half of the rent plus interest and penalties.
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 14:57   #21
Kevhog1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyVik View Post
I was reading a finance blog from a girl who fancies herself as an expert on making money.
She was telling everyone how she built an extension on her house and it cost her €70k and she has it rented as a self contained flat with its own door.
She had spreadsheets and workings with payback period etc on it.
I really hope noone takes her advice.
Because revenue have surely taken note and will come knocking on her door in 10 or 15 years looking for their half of the rent plus interest and penalties.
i regularily read her stuff actually. Not sure on the tax implications of a self contained flat but i had assumed she was paying tax.
04-05-2021, 14:58   #22
JimmyVik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevhog1988 View Post
i regularily read her stuff actually. Not sure on the tax implications of a self contained flat but i had assumed she was paying tax.

She thinks its covered by the rent a room scheme and she doesnt have to pay tax on it. Its not. There are rules to the rent a room scheme that she has totally missed.
(3) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 14:59   #23
Kevhog1988

The missus follows Faces by Grace and i have to say i cant stand her. Ive never seen someone so lazy in my life and shes constantly caught lying and photo shopping. Her cat went "missing" last year and a psychic found it via some sort of voodoo lol
04-05-2021, 15:01   #24
Sky King

I love James Kavanagh. The sound of his voice emanating from my OH's phone is like sweet, sweet music to my ears.
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 15:02   #25
yourdeadwright

You'd want tpo be some mug to let any of them effect your life ,
Who has the time to be listing to them ,

They where grand for a bit but you have to laugh how every single influencers is now an expert in mental health when it became the "thing " to talk about ,

As someone has already pointed out I think its the being of the end for them being a thing just a fad that will be quickly forgotten ,

Just be your self captions with 7 thousand filters ,fake lips, tits and whatever else ,
Independent women, who also need everyone's approval insta before they get out of bed in the morning

Last edited by yourdeadwright; 04-05-2021 at 15:08.
04-05-2021, 15:10   #26
Berties_Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTA69 View Post
It’s all sh*te. A load of narcissistic nonsense driving people to acquire more and more and feel worse about themselves. That Instagram and the behaviour it generates is a curse. Honestly sick to death of celebrity culture, ‘influencers’ and that whole cultural morass.
After my modelling career wound down, I joined the intellectual vanguard by setting up an Instagram account. Obviously food is my expertise, well the PR advisor suggested as such so who am I to argue. It's called "Eat yourself stupid", with a drizzle of tulip. Mastered pizza in the toaster this week, now it's time to start hawking my blueberry and almond smoothie at the competitive price of €12.99. Superfoods that will invest you with superpowers, and did I tell you about the novel coming out next week. Those ghostwriters are spooky, they pinched my name and disappeared.

A cultural vacuum and racket for gullible imbeciles.
04-05-2021, 15:15   #27
jk23

Unfortunately like the previous posters have said there will be always people who will be gullible to follow or buy these things no matter what.

Basically a modern version of buying self help books or exercise videos or books in the 90s

Last edited by jk23; 04-05-2021 at 16:05.
04-05-2021, 15:20   #28
twiddleypop

They are all harping on about sustainability whilst advertising fast fashion and other crap no one needs...

Several have left good careers such as nurses, accountants to "influence" full time. Madness.

Glad the tide is turning now. A lot of them are getting absolutely slated on a certain forum and their friends and family get dragged in too which is really unfair.
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 15:28   #29
silliussoddius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berties_Horse View Post
After my modelling career wound down, I joined the intellectual vanguard by setting up an Instagram account. Obviously food is my expertise, well the PR advisor suggested as such so who am I to argue. It's called "Eat yourself stupid", with a drizzle of tulip. Mastered pizza in the toaster this week, now it's time to start hawking my blueberry and almond smoothie at the competitive price of €12.99. Superfoods that will invest you with superpowers, and did I tell you about the novel coming out next week. Those ghostwriters are spooky, they pinched my name and disappeared.

A cultural vacuum and racket for gullible imbeciles.
Sounds like you need a cleanse after all that.
04-05-2021, 15:45   #30
fvp4

Every time I read these threads though I wonder why people who don’t like influencers are affected by influencers. This isn’t a broadcast situation, you have to choose to follow them.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion