04-05-2021, 13:10   #1
TrampFighter

Irish "influencers"

Can someone please explain to my they are all so cringy and annoying.

the wife follows some of them on Insta and that Kieran Corrigan lad is the absolute pits.

Every day hes on the beg, forever looking for free stuff. and his voice like nails on chalkboard.

anyone else fed up with the influencer types at this point?
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 13:26   #2
bertsmom

There are some that I follow and find brilliant but these are all people running a business and using their Instagram profile for marketing whilst giving advice and tips on what they sell ie. A paint shop that recommends which product for which job etc BUT there's others like one Dublin girl who is an absolute shambles always giving out wrong information and always on the beg. Her latest thing was saying this particular brand of hot chocolate could increase the size of your heart by up to thirty per cent!!! This kind of rubbish is very dangerous and I think should be dealt with by immediately taking down the account not a weak half assed apology.
They are so quick to say they are being bullied or trolled then when people call out their lies or complete misinformation. Definitely needs a lot more regulation and stricter standards for all the 'lifestyle and makeup' and health and fitness instahuns.
04-05-2021, 13:27   #3
cafflingwunts

As the aul Nanny used to say; it'll all end in tears.
04-05-2021, 13:40   #4
Autosport

Ah I love Kieran Corrigan, he’s quite funny and as he says Up and At it A legend

Some are useless though
04-05-2021, 13:46   #5
davo2001

Attention seekers seeking attention.

I pay no heed to it, but then again, I'm not their target demographic. (male, mid-30's).
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 13:47   #6
fvp4

I don’t get it but each to their own.
04-05-2021, 13:48   #7
timeToLive

Anyone who isn't a teenager and follows these influencer types needs their head checked!
(116) thanks from:
A-Train, aaronder, Addle, ahnowbrowncow, BattleCorp, Beaverpunisher, Berties_Horse, blackvalley, Blowfish, blue5000, bluepurple, BrianBoru00, cafflingwunts, cal naughton, castletownman, colm_mcm, Damien360, DavidLyons_, davydoc, Deeper Blue, DellyBelly, deodub, dexter647, dirkmeister, Dog day, dogbert27, drive3331, Drumpot, Dtp1979, Dub Ste, Dublin Lad2021, ElChe32, endacl, F34, False Prophet, FanadMan, Fandymo, Filmer Paradise, For Forks Sake, frash, French Toast, fullstop, gogo, greensausage, Hangdogroad, HildaOgdenx, Idbatterim, ILoveYourVibes, IngridM20, irishguitarlad, jammiedodgers, Jarren1, JayZeus, Jude13, Keisha07, LessOutragePlz, Lillyfae, Mantis Toboggan, maude6868, Meeoow, MOH, notsoyoungwan, Odelay, Omackeral, onform, Oops!, Orange Tiny Terror, PaddyBomb, patsfan1286, PopePalpatine, Potential-Monke, Purgative, RamonD3, Randle P. McMurphy, Rawr, razorblunt, Relikk, rosser44, Rothko, Same As, SEPT 23 1989, Sharknose, Signore Fancy Pants, SimonTemplar, Skid X, Snotty, some random drunk, SpitfireIV, sportsfan90, Steyr 556, Stovepipe, StringerBell, sugarman, SupaCat95, Swaine, Tabnabs, TheBody, TheDavester, TheIrishGrover, ThePentagon, timmyntc, Trigger Happy, triggermortis, Turbolounge, Tyrone212, Vicxas, WallyGUFC, wetlandsboy, whisky_galore, wijam, Witchie, woodchuck, xalot, xieann, yourdeadwright, Zak Flaps
04-05-2021, 13:48   #8
gilberto_eire

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo2001 View Post
Attention seekers seeking attention.

I pay no heed to it, but then again, I'm not their target demographic. (male, mid-30's).
Hopefully just a passing fad in time.

Similar to Tik Tok, for me that was the worst thing about 2020.
I suppose the issue is seeing it on IG, don't come across it otherwise.
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 13:50   #9
bertsmom

I think Instagram is great to research an area or set of products and prices of items your actually interested in but the ones that have made Insta their job and don't have any other source of income are absolutely painful and I think their reviews are totally untrustworthy.
I am slowly doing up my house so I'm following businesses in that area and it's so useful but some fool who spends his or her time trying to convince people that if they hadn't already been gifted this meal or skincare or makeup by the company would buy it from their own pocket....not a chance! I avoid companies who use instagrammers by giving them freebies and expecting their followers to pay for the advertising no way thanks!
Sinead from The Beaut Truth is the only fashion/makeup page I would actually trust because she says very clearly when paid for advertising and her reviews are always honest and not always glowing.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 13:52   #10
Joe Don Dante

James Kavanagh is one insufferable c**t
04-05-2021, 13:52   #11
gormdubhgorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrampFighter View Post
Can someone please explain to my they are all so cringy and annoying.

the wife follows some of them on Insta and that Kieran Corrigan lad is the absolute pits.

Every day hes on the beg, forever looking for free stuff. and his voice like nails on chalkboard.

anyone else fed up with the influencer types at this point?
I don't pay attention to any of them for the reasons you state.
I clicked on one once out of curiosity to see what an 'influencer' was.

To me it translates as very needy individual who craves attention. Who uses this attention to get sponsored to 'name drop' products and make a living. That is what an 'influencer' is as far as I see it.

Basically a 21st century version of an infomercial.
(3) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 13:53   #12
dmn22

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
Hopefully just a passing fad in time.

Similar to Tik Tok, for me that was the worst thing about 2020.
I suppose the issue is seeing it on IG, don't come across it otherwise.
Not the worldwide pandemic and endless lockdowns, nope, a social media site that you can easily avoid
04-05-2021, 13:59   #13
J. Marston

Every male one does that wide-eyed shock smile thing.

Every female one does a pout.

How the fúck do people get so wrapped up in people whose job is to just advertise shít to you? It's literally in their name, influencers, all they're trying to do is influence what you think and buy.
04-05-2021, 14:32   #14
Northernlily

I think the time of influencers is coming to an end. The general public seemed to be pissed off with these narcissists as they throw casual insults to a huge portion of their followers in the middle of a pandemic with their living different bolloxology.

James Smith and Siobhán O'Hagan are two i have noticed had a big following and are gradually becoming despised.
04-05-2021, 14:42   #15
Trigger Happy

I just dont understand why businesses give these morons free products. Would they ever make a return on their money?
Some of these influencers have no shame when it comes to asking for free stuff too. Free hotel rooms, free meals...all for a favorable review.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion