Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-05-2021, 13:23   #196
Wanderer78
Registered User
 
Wanderer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequ0n
Then WhatsApp isn’t your problem but your inability to establish boundaries
True, but I'd class turning off WhatsApp as a boundary
Wanderer78 is online now  
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 13:58   #197
Abominable Dr. Phibes
Registered User
 
Abominable Dr. Phibes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'n Midnight View Post
Bitcoin analysis (stolen from Twitter)

"Imagine a child's concept of an evil businessman. He plugs in his pollution machine to make money. It doesn't do anything for anybody, just pollutes and then he gets money for it."
There’s a lot of ordinary Joe’s hoping they are going to get rich off internet magic beans. It’s the top of the ponzi where an unprecedented amount of sociopaths, criminals, and scumbags have gathered.

McAfee, Justin Sun, those Tether scam guys, the Winklevii twins etc. Unlike traditional shadow finance, you actually get to see what is happening in real time, and get to see what they are doing via their tweets. Fascinating stuff tbh.
Abominable Dr. Phibes is online now  
04-05-2021, 14:11   #198
Jequ0n
Registered User
 
Jequ0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawk View Post
I don’t know I think you’re being a tad harsh. If a person had one bad boss in their life and their coworkers had similar problems with the boss then it’s probably the boss at fault.
Now if a person has all terrible bosses making them cry then yes that’s on that person.
I would be very weary of people who are living a life of constant drama and according to them it’s everyone’s fault but theirs.

Now onto a previous boss I had who I thought there was something seriously off about them. When they smiled at you their eyes were blank. A genuine smile can be seen in the eyes. It took me ages to figure out what it was about this boss that bothered me. One night I was out drinking with colleagues and one of them mentioned how it freaked them out and then it clicked with me that the same thing was bothering me. Definitely an evil trait.
Yes I meant the eternal victims who can’t face admitting to themselves that they are naive idiots.
You’ll find a lot of diagnoses uttered by this breed because it’s easier I blame your misfortune on an enemy figure than reflecting on your own actions
Jequ0n is offline  
04-05-2021, 15:10   #199
Wanderer78
Registered User
 
Wanderer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequ0n View Post
Yes I meant the eternal victims who can’t face admitting to themselves that they are naive idiots.
You’ll find a lot of diagnoses uttered by this breed because it’s easier I blame your misfortune on an enemy figure than reflecting on your own actions
would you class anxiety as experienced by many in society, including the elderly, as naivety?
Wanderer78 is online now  
04-05-2021, 15:49   #200
Jequ0n
Registered User
 
Jequ0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
would you class anxiety as experienced by many in society, including the elderly, as naivety?
No. Maybe the contrary.
It’s more the “blind faith” that let’s you walk into a trap.
The conviction that you know others well enough to trust them, just to be absolutely shattered when you realise that you had been wrong.
How often does a total conviction get replaced by another absolute?

“My husband would never do anything like that” suddenly turns into “he is a narcissist, how else could he do this to me?” Etc etc etc

Easier to have been duped by a “monster” than admit that you didn’t notice or chose to ignore the warning signs
Jequ0n is offline  
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 16:58   #201
Wanderer78
Registered User
 
Wanderer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequ0n View Post
No. Maybe the contrary.
It’s more the “blind faith” that let’s you walk into a trap.
The conviction that you know others well enough to trust them, just to be absolutely shattered when you realise that you had been wrong.
How often does a total conviction get replaced by another absolute?

“My husband would never do anything like that” suddenly turns into “he is a narcissist, how else could he do this to me?” Etc etc etc

Easier to have been duped by a “monster” than admit that you didn’t notice or chose to ignore the warning signs
not all humans have this type of awareness, things also change, people to can change, from being honest and warm, to the complete opposite. the human mind is wired in a particular way that is governed by emotions, emotions are a part of the irrational mind, where logic is in short supply
Wanderer78 is online now  
04-05-2021, 18:24   #202
Jequ0n
Registered User
 
Jequ0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
not all humans have this type of awareness, things also change, people to can change, from being honest and warm, to the complete opposite. the human mind is wired in a particular way that is governed by emotions, emotions are a part of the irrational mind, where logic is in short supply
MMhh maybe some people lack the awareness, fair point. But I reckon it’s not that high a number. Not compared to the high number of people who expect everyone else to adhere to their own morals and who are then surprised to find out that some are different.
Jequ0n is offline  
04-05-2021, 19:02   #203
PARlance
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 17,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequ0n View Post
Then WhatsApp isn’t your problem but your inability to establish boundaries
I don't go establishing boundaries with people before they are required... That would be quite odd, time consuming and needless in most cases.

As it was the first out of hours call and the fact that I'm not a morning person, the boundary was established very quickly.
PARlance is offline  
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 22:16   #204
fryup
Registered User
 
fryup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,602
the irish are sneaky in the main aren't we?...dating back to our past when we had to plot & scheme behind our colonial masters, its in our DNA
fryup is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 23:28   #205
pgj2015
Registered User
 
pgj2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryup View Post
the irish are sneaky in the main aren't we?...dating back to our past when we had to plot & scheme behind our colonial masters, its in our DNA


I agree, just look at the way Irish people booked dentist appointments in Tenerife to get out of Ireland during the lockdown, then never turned up once they got there.
pgj2015 is offline  
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 23:39   #206
ILoveYourVibes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 13,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jequ0n View Post
What type of intelligence does Trump have?

I mean its obvious he is ....a type of intelligence ...but do you think he is a stable genius? Or is he cunning?

Do you think he could outwit you? He could outwit me. But i think i would beat him at university challenge.

People invest in different qualities in themselves. You have to get good at lying. You have to get good at cheating the tax man. I wouldn't have a CLUE how to do that. I am NOT a good liar. I suck at lying. I'm no saint.

I am not dumb ...but i haven't spent time over the years investing in that part of my personality.


The character below be able to outwit you? Do you rate him smarter than you or smarter than ...mathematicians etc ...but do you think he could outwit them? Why? Because he is a STUDIED sneak. He is intelligent. But all this intelligence has been directed towards one thing. That is not usual with intelligent people. Most smart people ...are intellectual ...but not cunning. Not because they are saints but because they put their time into that ...instead of being cunning. They didnt learn how to cheat at the test ..they studied for the test.



Charm over substance ..cunning over intellect. And lack of warmth.

Smart people who lack curiosity ...very suspicious.

Last edited by ILoveYourVibes; 04-05-2021 at 23:43.
ILoveYourVibes is offline  
05-05-2021, 12:25   #207
Jequ0n
Registered User
 
Jequ0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYourVibes View Post

The character below be able to outwit you? Do you rate him smarter than you or smarter than ...mathematicians etc ...but do you think he could outwit them? Why? Because he is a STUDIED sneak.
I have no idea who this person is but a picture of a random old man will always a winning argument

Last edited by Jequ0n; 05-05-2021 at 12:58.
Jequ0n is offline  
Thanks from:
05-05-2021, 20:11   #208
Winter Potatoe
Banned
 
Winter Potatoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYourVibes View Post
What type of intelligence does Trump have?

I mean its obvious he is ....a type of intelligence ...but do you think he is a stable genius? Or is he cunning?

Do you think he could outwit you? He could outwit me. But i think i would beat him at university challenge.

People invest in different qualities in themselves. You have to get good at lying. You have to get good at cheating the tax man. I wouldn't have a CLUE how to do that. I am NOT a good liar. I suck at lying. I'm no saint.
Truly intelligent people don't need to be cunning. They don't need to freeload off others.

Consider the way humans lived over 10,000 years ago. People lived in groups of less than 100 and no one had to deal with anyone who's reputation they weren't familiar with. Trump would not have lasted.

Trump has a reasonable amount of wit... it's mainly comments like "your ratings are terrible". His best moment was probably the Rosy O'Donnell comment. But he doesn't have the same level of wit that Obama had, as you'll see towards the end of this video:


Last edited by Winter Potatoe; 05-05-2021 at 20:31.
Winter Potatoe is offline  
05-05-2021, 20:16   #209
xzanti
Moderator
 
xzanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango Joe View Post
What tell-tale signs do you look for as signs of psychopathy, sneakiness and general festering evil type traits in people?

Personally if you have turned off read receipts in WhatsApp then I won't ever trust you and I do not like the way you're living your life.......
From experience; if a person talks about how sound, kind, friendly, trustworthy etc they are, that to me is a sign that they are none of the above.
xzanti is offline  
05-05-2021, 20:23   #210
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveYourVibes View Post

Smart people who lack curiosity ...very suspicious.


I'm considered exceptionally smart but temper my curiosity because of the time wasting aspect to it
keVo. is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet