26-04-2021, 16:43   #16
super_furry

Sounds like she's been kidnapped by Ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to go save her?
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 16:44   #17
Dtp1979

Why in the name of Jaysus did you post this on after hours OP?
26-04-2021, 16:47   #18
Feisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_furry View Post
Sounds like she's been kidnapped by Ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to go save her?
Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
26-04-2021, 16:47   #19
YellowLead

OP I have no idea why you would let her back into your life if she reached out in future!!!!

She’s an awful coward, a mean person. All she had to do was say - thanks for your time but I don’t see this going any further. Job done. Ghosting is so cowardly and disrespectful. However it’s super common so you have to be prepared.

As other have said this is all par for the course with online dating. Most people will be chatting with a few so as not to put their eggs in one basket. They click more with one and go with them.

So what you need to do is not get emotionally invested too soon, which sounds like what happened here. You should be a bit miffed at her, not totally thrown off kilter.

Chatting for ages before meeting is also a recipe for disaster as some people are prone to getting attached even from that (madness in my opinion) - one person sees it as a bit of fun, a way to pass the time, ego boosting, while the other (you) might see it as building intimacy.

Thick skin is needed with online dating when crap like this happens you just need to be able to roll with it and on to the next one. Otherwise online dating isn’t for you.

Last edited by YellowLead; 26-04-2021 at 16:49. Reason: Typo
26-04-2021, 16:48   #20
Normal One

Maybe she's dead.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 16:55   #21
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclle View Post
Unfortunately this is all too common nowadays. Its hard enough for men having to make the first move. Women seem to have all the power when it comes to dating. Not all men have the confidence to ask someone out let alone get turned down or ghosted. I wish there wasn't some unspoken rule about dating where women are the majority

What kind of nonsense is this ? all the power ?

The right to decide not to date anymore surely that everyone's right ?

Men and Women ghost ,

Last edited by yourdeadwright; 26-04-2021 at 17:02.
26-04-2021, 16:58   #22
Leg End Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal One View Post
Maybe she's dead.
A ghost ghoster.

Spooky.
26-04-2021, 16:58   #23
Hector Savage
Banned

Question OP, you say you had a great time with her before ?
were you intimate or were you too much of a 'gentleman' and nothing happened ?

Sometimes people lose patience if there is no action - sorry to be so blunt...
26-04-2021, 17:02   #24
The DayDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFVII View Post

Putting pandemic to one side. Theirs something wrong with the vast majority of people on tinder etc. Especially those into the late 30s.
That's not true I'm just a rough diamond that's needs a little polishing, that's all.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-04-2021, 17:04   #25
Bobblehats

I only ever ghost someone on eBay, when I fail to pay up having pressed the commit. My avatar’s a cowboy with his gun dipped just walking away?!
(3) thanks from:
26-04-2021, 17:07   #26
Fuzzyduzzy

She hasn't forgotten to text. Someone else didn't block you on her phone. Guys have a lot of competition in the online dating scene these days, as ones who would never have used it now do due to no bars etc. Guys usually date down on it (in attractiveness) and girls date up as they can afford to. Good looking girls get treated like celebrities on those apps and if guys got the same treatment plenty would be ghosting too with all the options they'd have.

I know it's hard right now but in a few weeks you'll be relieved. If someone showcases this aspect of their personality imagine what other horrible things would surface if you got stuck with her.
26-04-2021, 17:08   #27
Feisar

All joking aside, at the end of the day she didn't/doesn't owe you anything. Manners are nice but not an obligation.
26-04-2021, 17:11   #28

It's awful OP - you're not alone. I've been there too (I'm female, been ghosted by men) - many of us have. You wrack your brains trying to figure it out - especially when things were going so well. How could there be such a sudden turnaround? Unfortunately there just can be - their circumstances have changed. With guys it can be because you put out or didn't put out. With women it might be that too - or they're suddenly freaked out by things seemingly moving fast. You have to try not to continue analysing it further though - you're only tormenting yourself. This is the only way to stop it getting to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raclle View Post
Unfortunately this is all too common nowadays. Its hard enough for men having to make the first move. Women seem to have all the power when it comes to dating. Not all men have the confidence to ask someone out let alone get turned down or ghosted. I wish there wasn't some unspoken rule about dating where women are the majority
Ghosting really is not just a woman thing.

Last edited by Wallet Inspector; 26-04-2021 at 20:04.
26-04-2021, 17:18   #29
hellyeah

Get a cat.
Thanks from:
26-04-2021, 17:22   #30
Mrs OBumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtp1979 View Post
Why in the name of Jaysus did you post this on after hours OP?
I cannot think of a better place for the OP to have posted. This is the only forum where people can respond freely instead of oozing faux Compassion.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion