20-04-2021, 12:25   #16
Antares35

TA there's a thing on rte news about an Indian train station worker who saved a child who had fallen onto the tracks. Which is great, but no matter how many times I watch the video, it really looks like the adult who was with the child was pretending to try to save him/ her but quite obviously moving further away? Is it just me?

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/202...a-rail-rescue/
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-04-2021, 12:32   #17
the beer revolu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares35 View Post
TA there's a thing on rte news about an Indian train station worker who saved a child who had fallen onto the tracks. Which is great, but no matter how many times I watch the video, it really looks like the adult who was with the child was pretending to try to save him/ her but quite obviously moving further away? Is it just me?

It does look very odd, alright.
(2) thanks from:
20-04-2021, 12:45   #18
Strumms

Great start to Tuesday...my girlfriend who lives with her mother and is asthmatic , wakes up to find the mother gone and subsequently finds she is meeting two other households for coffee, the stupid old aghhhhh. seriously, you live with an asthmatic daughter, using a nebulizer and you are up to this shït, selfish fücking dope.
20-04-2021, 12:55   #19
Antares35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumms View Post
Great start to Tuesday...my girlfriend who lives with her mother and is asthmatic , wakes up to find the mother gone and subsequently finds she is meeting two other households for coffee, the stupid old aghhhhh. seriously, you live with an asthmatic daughter, using a nebulizer and you are up to this shït, selfish fücking dope.
Unbelievable. I'd to tell mine last week that if they went ahead with plans to meet relatives then me, OH and their grandchild would be isolating from them for two weeks..OH also asthmatic and I'd explained my concerns about the covid / stillbirth risk. Still resulted in a row. They just thought ah sure we're alright Jack we got our vaccines
20-04-2021, 13:21   #20
Purple Mountain

There seems to be a lot of requests lately from charities.
My social media seems to bombarded lately with pleas.
Sorry, but I'm all donated out.
Advertisement
20-04-2021, 14:32   #21
Potential-Monke

Currently doing a course for work, and all the slides have Americanised spellings, all z's instead of s's! . The presenter and company are English. Grrr....
20-04-2021, 14:58   #22
bonzodog2

When people misuse the word decimated
(2) thanks from:
20-04-2021, 15:40   #23
iamwhoiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares35 View Post

The mother is partially sighted .
20-04-2021, 15:58   #24
Antares35

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhoiam View Post
The mother is partially sighted .
Ah. I feel really bad now, didn't realise although, it's been updated since I read it so that's probably why. Happy ending at least.
Advertisement
20-04-2021, 17:39   #25
SimonTemplar

I got a taxi to my doctor this morning because I was running behind schedule and didn't want to be late for my appointment. I arrived on time but the doctor didn't see me until 40 minutes after my appointment time. I should have known better. Why are so many doctor's offices so poor at time management.
20-04-2021, 18:18   #26
EmmetSpiceland

Getting dog **** on a buggy wheel.
20-04-2021, 18:35   #27
Pawwed Rig
Category Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential-Monke View Post
Currently doing a course for work, and all the slides have Americanised spellings, all z's instead of s's! . The presenter and company are English. Grrr....
That is the Oxford spelling and is used in English english

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_spelling
20-04-2021, 21:48   #28
Dial Hard

Good fcuking god I miss eating out. Particularly lunch. I'd step over my own mother to be able to go out for lunch tomorrow.
20-04-2021, 23:31   #29
Porklife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dial Hard View Post
Good fcuking god I miss eating out. Particularly lunch. I'd step over my own mother to be able to go out for lunch tomorrow.
For some reason there's a cafe near my apartment that's fully open. You can sit down at
a table like normal times. I was there last weekend. The food was disgusting but i can give you the name if you fancy an overpriced horrible lunch

TA i forgot to turn the water on for my bedtime shower. It takes 30 minutes heat up and i was aiming for an early night.
(2) thanks from:
21-04-2021, 00:48   #30
freshpopcorn

When the airbag warning light comes on!
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size