04-05-2021, 15:47   #31
billyhead

Eejits is what they are. I've no interest personally.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 15:52   #32
Beechwoodspark

That Kieran corrigan guy is so irritating

Constantly begging for companies to send him anything (once it’s free)

A lot of the stuff he “promotes” are low level local products/services

Surely to fcuk he can’t be much of a success on it and it’s only a matter of time before he quits??
04-05-2021, 15:58   #33
Keano

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvp4 View Post
Every time I read these threads though I wonder why people who don’t like influencers are affected by influencers. This isn’t a broadcast situation, you have to choose to follow them.
They are annoyed by influencers who don't influence them!
(2) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 16:15   #34
Wheety

Have any of ye seen tattle.life? Just a bunch of people bitching about influencers. Some nasty stuff on there. I know an Irish influencer and some of the comments about her being a Mother and things like "I hear she doesn't even talk to her stepfather" are a bit much. You can not like the business of influencers but to go on that website and spend your time actually digging into their personal lives is a bit too much.

Google your favourite influencer and site:tattle.life and you'll see what I mean
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 16:15   #35
yourdeadwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvp4 View Post
Every time I read these threads though I wonder why people who don’t like influencers are affected by influencers. This isn’t a broadcast situation, you have to choose to follow them.

People have wife's , husbands, siblings, kids, friends who fall for the nonsense there pedalling that's probably why ,

While they constantly go on about Mental health they are the very people that put pressure on young women (mostly) to be a certain way ,

I hope to god my daughters have the sense not be "influenced " by them

One week there fitness guru's and life's about keeping in shape and your body is a temple , its frees the mind,
A year down the line they have partied to much and put on a stack of weight and all of a sudden life's about being yourself and not worrying about personally appearance. Would ye ever F*CK off with yourself

Last edited by yourdeadwright; 04-05-2021 at 16:19.
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 16:17   #36
and in the morning Diamonds of Frost

and in the morning Diamonds of Frost's Avatar

I joined Instagram to have a look at different wedding suppliers and to get ideas. My feed is now full of elaborate OTT US weddings, babies, pregnant women, engagement rings, and teeny tiny clothes from French vintage shops.
So I click on stuff like food in an effort to get rid of the above.

The majority of them are an endless stream of posing and fakery. None are relatable to me. I'm neither overweight or model thin or full of fillers or rich or poor or "mama to x amount of kids/dogs/budgies". It is a fascinating world though. These people are stealing a living from how they look, where they live and what they buy.

I believe many of them require constant external validation in order to bolster wafer thin self esteem.
04-05-2021, 16:34   #37
rob316

Anyone under 100k followers really isn't making that much unless they have brought out a brand themselves and using that social media presence to market it. I have a friend who would have north of 50k followers, he started out as an internet funny man but now he specifically creates content for brands, he doesn't just hawk low level brands on his page. He gets sent stuff almost daily from brands though he tells me, small brands with probably a lower presence than his.

Instagram is absolutely toxic though, it is the epitome of fake. From people posing next to luxury cars they don't own, trying on designer clothes and posting pictures of them in it, to beauty filters, airbrushed photos.
04-05-2021, 18:27   #38
fvp4

I have a totally different view of Instagram, but I follow normal people I know and one or two celebs, and a hashtag for my local area. That's it.
04-05-2021, 18:48   #39
buried

Irish Instagram influencers seem to be the sort that would love to be on the likes of RTE, or maybe already are. Once any sort of camera is shoved in front of their face they go into this sort of TV presenter craic shtick that died out a lame death 40 years ago.
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 18:51   #40
growleaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertsmom View Post
There are some that I follow and find brilliant but these are all people running a business and using their Instagram profile for marketing whilst giving advice and tips on what they sell ie. A paint shop that recommends which product for which job etc BUT there's others like one Dublin girl who is an absolute shambles always giving out wrong information and always on the beg. Her latest thing was saying this particular brand of hot chocolate could increase the size of your heart by up to thirty per cent!!! This kind of rubbish is very dangerous and I think should be dealt with by immediately taking down the account not a weak half assed apology.
They are so quick to say they are being bullied or trolled then when people call out their lies or complete misinformation. Definitely needs a lot more regulation and stricter standards for all the 'lifestyle and makeup' and health and fitness instahuns.
Well make-up has to abide by very strict EU regulation to make it onto the market at all, so I wouldn't be too worried about what make-up these influencers are recommending.

But I agree with your general point, they don't necessarily know what they're talking about.
04-05-2021, 18:56   #41
Blaaz_

have no instagram,just not for me

But my understanding is,its essentially similar to an adult late-late toy show....where they give stuff to "influencers" to review

Is buff egan an influencer??
04-05-2021, 18:58   #42
Beechwoodspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by buried View Post
Irish Instagram influencers seem to be the sort that would love to be on the likes of RTE, or maybe already are. Once any sort of camera is shoved in front of their face they go into this sort of TV presenter craic shtick that died out a lame death 40 years ago.
Well said. The likes of that dose James kavanagh does this really dated mid 80s presenting style. It’s utter sh1te.

Last edited by Beechwoodspark; 04-05-2021 at 19:03.
(2) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 19:14   #43
Boscoirl

On of the saddest things I saw was one Irish influencer, can’t remember her name but she went out with an Irish rugby player, was on the cover of one of those news paper magazines. And the caption was something like “I didn’t know how to tell my followers my father had cancer”
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 19:51   #44
TheDavester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscoirl View Post
On of the saddest things I saw was one Irish influencer, can’t remember her name but she went out with an Irish rugby player, was on the cover of one of those news paper magazines. And the caption was something like “I didn’t know how to tell my followers my father had cancer”
Vogue apparently on one of her awful "documentaries" stated she was depressed as her post didn't get enough likes.....ffs
04-05-2021, 20:12   #45
gormdubhgorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Happy View Post
I just dont understand why businesses give these morons free products. Would they ever make a return on their money?
Some of these influencers have no shame when it comes to asking for free stuff too. Free hotel rooms, free meals...all for a favorable review.
I looked it up before as I was baffled by it. But these people get views and are niche markets advertisers are after.
Fools and their money - broadly speaking..
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion