Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Princess Consuela Bananahammock's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy the Vampire Slayer View Post
Yeah, this definitely happened.
Yeah... agreed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpsoup1016 View Post
I asked a colleague why in Promising Young Woman she went after random men (I've not seen the film).

I suggested that had she found out who assaulted her friend and did for him, no one would disagree he deserved a kicking if the escaped legal punishment. But why anyone ?

I got the "no uterus, no opinion!" and a finger click. From a white girl from Donnabate!
Why start a conversation about a film you've never seen with a minor detail and then go on to discuss the main character's motives as if you had...?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 14:06   #6707
gw80

I actually can't watch anything that Netflix has produced, it is all completely woke ****e,
The bad guys are nearly always white and the cops and good guys are nearly always black or a complete United colours of beniton mix of minorities, it's just the same thing over and over.

Ahh, rant over
(2) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 14:21   #6708
Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Princess Consuela Bananahammock's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw80 View Post
I actually can't watch anything that Netflix has produced, it is all completely woke ****e,
The bad guys are nearly always white and the cops and good guys are nearly always black or a complete United colours of beniton mix of minorities, it's just the same thing over and over.

Ahh, rant over
That's exactly the opposite of "woke ****e"...
04-05-2021, 15:12   #6709
Cienciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSweeney View Post
Amazing the way people pretend not to see this, surely the likes of Megan Rapinoe when she says "I earn way less than Messi, JUST BECAUSE I AM A WOMAN" - realise it's a crock of shyte ?

She must understand basic economics ?
This line is constantly trotted out and it's not true. She never said she wanted to the same as messi. It was the the same as the US mens soccer team.

However I don't know the income of the US mens soccer team and womens, but if she wants the same percentage of income that the men get, that could be considered fair enough. Although, from the little bit I know they signed a contract so they have to honour it, it happens in every business in the world. Guys doing the same job on different wages. But she never mentioned earning messi wages
Thanks from:
04-05-2021, 15:18   #6710
Cienciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw80 View Post

Ahh, rant over
I don't have an issue with that, as long as they can do the job it can seem realistic.

I recently watched a show (can't remember the name), and a swat team were breaking in somewhere stopping a terrorist. The 2 main people kicking in doors and heading up the swat team were women. Hard to take serious tbh. Same with shows where a 5 foot 2 woman can do karate so she batters a group of massive lads. It's always kicks. Come the fúck on! It's grand if it's sci-fi, like yer one in Guardians of the Galaxy who's supposed to be a super weapon. But a normal girl battering a group of hefty lads who's job is to beat people up, come on.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 15:20   #6711
Elmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cienciano View Post
However I don't know the income of the US mens soccer team and womens, but if she wants the same percentage of income that the men get, that could be considered fair enough. Although, from the little bit I know they signed a contract so they have to honour it, it happens in every business in the world. Guys doing the same job on different wages. But she never mentioned earning messi wages
Yeah I always felt she was aiming low.

Quote:
Yeah, this definitely happened.
Are we supposed to believe everything everyone says?
04-05-2021, 16:05   #6712
FileNotFound

Quote:
This line is constantly trotted out and it's not true. She never said she wanted to the same as messi. It was the the same as the US mens soccer team.

Maybe this is specific to Soccer though probably covers many sports.

Wages are connected directly to the amount the club/group/org paying the wages earns from having these players on the pitch.

So if men garner more attention for a sport and their employers make more then their wages should (and are) be higher.

If womens teams in a sport are less popular thats just reality - they can be paid accordingly - its not unfair, it's actually very fair.
04-05-2021, 16:10   #6713
NIMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileNotFound View Post

If womens teams in a sport are less popular thats just reality - they can be paid accordingly - its not unfair, it's actually very fair.
100% it is, but the stupid ones calling for equal pay can't understand simple economics.

Messi helps Adidas, Pepsi, Sony etc sell millions upon millions of pounds of products every single week/month/year.

Thats why he gets what he gets. Thats why not every single footballer in the world earns the same money. Because some are more lucrative to companies than others.

And unfortunately for certain women sports stars at present, the same applies. Its nothing to do with their gender. Its to do with how much stuff they can help sell.

The Williams sisters were never short of advertising deals. They earned more than many male tennis stars. But they were marketable.
04-05-2021, 16:19   #6714
Elmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMAN View Post
The Williams sisters were never short of advertising deals. They earned more than many male tennis stars. But they were marketable.
Ladies tennis I think has out performed men's since the 1970s. And possibly before but were paid less.
Advertisement
04-05-2021, 16:25   #6715
FileNotFound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Ladies tennis I think has out performed men's since the 1970s. And possibly before but were paid less.
Then that is a justifiable grievance that is being drowned out by all the gibberish from sports where women's teams have no following at all.

Where a sport is anywhere near equal in viewership I believe every efforst should be made - or alternatively where a womens sport is more popular the ladies should get higher pay than the men.

But that means acceptance of the facts highlighted by the poster you quoted.

You make less for the sport - you get less money. That really is fair and should be end of discussion no?
04-05-2021, 17:04   #6716
MisterAnarchy

Quote:
Complete and utter nonsense.
(3) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 17:20   #6717
Elmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterAnarchy View Post
Complete and utter nonsense.
TBH I have no Idea, but I agree if the sport is equally popular then both should be paid the same. (I just saw that movie with Holly Hunter)

If your sport can bring in money from sporting rights and ticket sales etc.

How is the US ladies soccer team doing in terms of revenue and their league?
04-05-2021, 17:23   #6718
MisterAnarchy

Quote:

I recently watched a show (can't remember the name), and a swat team were breaking in somewhere stopping a terrorist. The 2 main people kicking in doors and heading up the swat team were women. Hard to take serious tbh. Same with shows where a 5 foot 2 woman can do karate so she batters a group of massive lads. It's always kicks. Come the fúck on! It's grand if it's sci-fi, like yer one in Guardians of the Galaxy who's supposed to be a super weapon. But a normal girl battering a group of hefty lads who's job is to beat people up, come on.
Good explanation of why this is happening here, from 10:16

(2) thanks from:
04-05-2021, 17:44   #6719
MisterAnarchy

Quote:
TBH I have no Idea, but I agree if the sport is equally popular then both should be paid the same. (I just saw that movie with Holly Hunter)

If your sport can bring in money from sporting rights and ticket sales etc.

How is the US ladies soccer team doing in terms of revenue and their league?

Seriously though mens tennis is the bigger draw and always has been.
You have 3 of the greatest players dominating the game over the last 15 years, Federer, Nadal and Djokovic.
These guys are legends.

Men play best of 5 sets, their matches make up the bulk of the Grand Slams tv schedule, and they sell more tickets for their tournaments.
Women get equal prize money which is commendable, and the standard of womens tennis is good, I enjoy watching it but thats not to say mens tennis isnt better.

Last edited by MisterAnarchy; 04-05-2021 at 17:55.
04-05-2021, 17:46   #6720
Quantum Erasure

Quote:
I don't have an issue with that, as long as they can do the job it can seem realistic.

Was the first film The Heat, with melissa mccarthy and sandra bullock?
I think the second film might have been Police Academy....
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion