Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2002 Mercedes C220 CDI Diesel - Fuel Smell

• 14-03-2014 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I have a weird problem with a 2002 Mercedes C220 CDI Diesel. A couple of months ago I got the inlet manifold replaced, and that made a big difference to the performance, but it left a strong fuel smell inside and outside the car. I brought the car back and they said there was a leak around one of the injectors, so got that and another one replaced. Still a smell of fuel / exhaust (I can't tell which). Garage changed all the air filters, and steamed out the engine bay. Still a smell.

When air vent fan is on, fuel smell. When "recirculate" smell is on, no smell. In the morning, before start up, lingering fuel smell in the boot and inside the car. First few minutes of driving, no smell from the air vents, but then bam, smell.

Anybody got ideas of things to check? Garage adamant that there is no smell, and they have checked everything.

Advertisement