Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What should I buy???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Someone who needs a recommendation for a car should be shot. For gods sake man, you choose a car. People have given you a few ideas, and still you are not satisfied.

I choose an Audi A4, so there.

Why don't you look here for the Alfa's reliability on the Top Gear Survey, here .

If your lazy the results for the Alfa's are...

166 came 85 place with 78.9 points
    GTV came 112 place with 75.8 points
    147 came 116 place with 75.1 points
    156 came 131 place with 72.9 points

The car which came last was the Volkwagan Sharan which came 137.

The Alfa's didn't even get into the top 50. Oh, and the Audi A4 came 37th, for your information.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I like your taste mate the alfa is a lovely machine !
    You could also consider a seat leon cupra r 225 bhp but that might be a bit boyracerish for your taste personaly if it was me id go alfa!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

If you are not driving for a living, the reliability or otherwise of a company car is a bit of a non issue, its quite likely that with a high value purchase as this, should the car break down, a ) the company foots the bill - if its outside or warrenty and b) the garage will provide a courtesy car.

If someone else is going to cover the costs, get a car that excites you, if thats an alfa get it... there are few cars in that price range with such a sweet sweet engine and can bring on a small grin when you blip the throttle or push it gently thru a tight bend.

Whatever you get... enjoy it.

Vex.

ps... what colour is it... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I was going to suggest the honda s2000 but it comes in at a walloping €60k, so I checked out the prices on the Accord, the top o' the line 2.4 vtec executive comes in at €40725 including vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

what about this??? here

this might be of some use to you also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Originally posted by Fabritzo
    I was going to suggest the honda s2000 but it comes in at a walloping €60k, so I checked out the prices on the Accord, the top o' the line 2.4 vtec executive comes in at €40725 including vat.

You'd pick up a used S2000 for well under €40k

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭padraigmyers

Have you considered a Lexus IS200?
    Smashing car, very good standard features, extremelly reliable, and should come in just
    below the 40K

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Heres a 225 leaon for sale at mo in this country:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=88081

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by Fabritzo

That's a fantastic car. More power per litre than any other normally aspirated engine. Quicker than a boxster afaik.

Advertisement