Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You scratch my car, I keeel you!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭BrianD3

some basitd scratched my car
    That's bad alright, but I have to say I have experienced worse. Some scumbag did a job on a car I owned, he used a screwdriver and destroyed every panel (including the roof) with deep gouge marks. He didn't just scratch the car, he dug the screwdriver into the paint and then swirled it around. Must have taken him quite a few minutes to do it. The car was quite old and not worth much, still it was my "pride and joy", it was spotless and a nice metallic colour. I ended up selling it for peanuts as the cost of a full respray in metallic was more than the car was worth. The bastard who did it was never caught. People who commit such crimes should be f*ckin tortured - eyes gouged out, teeth pulled out with a pliers, etc. would be good punishments.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 64,702 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Originally posted by MadsL
    ...I moved

From where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Wow, Calibos that is some story! Bloody hell, it's like you pointed the nuclear karma finger of doom at her and bellowed (National Lottery -style) "IT'S YOU!!"

OT: Not the first amazing story from you I've read either. Remember the one you wrote in the "Equal Rights" thread? That was another fascinating story. My reply got unnecessarily removed unfortunately. If you like, have a look at my members web page for pictures pertaining to that thread.
    Originally posted by sceptre
    ISome daft bird (sex isn't important but she was obviously daft and she happened to be a bird) had only a two foot clearance in front and about the same behind so, given her obvious myopia, was basically banging her way out of the space.
    I know of plenty of people (ok, birds!) who think that bumpers are there to be used to help get in and out of spaces. Of all the women I know, about half don't drive. Of this half, half have given up trying because they either failed their test multiple times or realised before this that driving is a skill that they just could not acquire. Of the other half, there are three that are actually excellent drivers. The rest are a danger to themselves and others on the road. I know loads of birds, me, so the sample size is good to draw statistical conclusions. However, that's a chauvanistic diatribe for another thread. (BTW I know lots of blokes who don't drive or can't drive for sh1t either!)
    Originally posted by Emboss

and for brian

keep up twat
    Hey, Emboss - maybe you should have a look at the Scouser picture yourself for a minute! (By the way, I hope no one is paying for hosting of that picture - it looks like it'll get used alot!)

Silvera - I got confused and thought that's what the name was and where your handle came from. I'm used to only seeing your name on the motors forum, so I kinda made that (erroneous) mental connection.

Zascar, jesus - they really took to your car with some malice. Bloody hell, that is some serious damage. Then again, some sh1theads do this kind of thing for "laughs", don't they? Christ, that makes me mad looking at that.

Calibos - another bloody incredible story! Some bollix visits your neighbourhood to concientiously pour battery acid over each panel of serveral cars?!! Like WTF?? That had to be arranged in advance - like it wasn't a spur of them moment act of random vandalism, and yet how could someone have had a ventedda against you and several of your neighbours?

And BrianD3, I genuinely think I don't understand how someone could take such care and go to such determined effort to scratch a car like that. Do you think that it was a random act of very deliberate and attentive vandalism or was somebody doing what they did because they had a grudge against you?

Madsl - forgot about you there. Freaking hell again - like why does this kind of sh1t have to happen to good people? I'll go off and have a rant to myself now about the law being an ass, coppers being lazy and corrupt and in not enough numbers. Too many scumbags exist, and we're all too eager still to fall over ourselves trying to protect their "rights". I'm mad-as-hell now, Madsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Colin,

I remember that fridge on the roadside being talked about in that thread but I never saw the picture. Was that what you posted which got deleted? Classic!! :D:D

That begging one on Bray mainstreet was a good one alright.

The 'one-way' one was a goodin' too. Its the meath road in Bray which is the next road up from the seafront which runs parallel. The Garda station is about half way up on convent avenue. The road used to be two-way but because the road is so narrow and there are always parked cars on either side it was effectively a single lane road which being a two-way road led to jams every other minute of every day. Half of it was made one-way about 4 or 5 years ago and there are still Gobsh*tes driving up it even though there are huge one-way signs and the lefthand entrance to the road has had the path extended out and bollards in place. I mean the seafront is one way but that road is so wide I don't mind as much and I just flash anyone driving along it the wrong way. I'm just so pissed of with people driving up the Meath road that I refuse to budge! and tbh at certain points you can't do anything but not budge or it means reversing halfway back along it to let these idiots carry on up the wrong way:D:D

The paint stripper incident happened about six months ago. Its not actually where I live but where our shop is. All the other cars done bar one other and my dads where residents cars. It turns out one of them was done right outside the shop. The oul lad had just closed for the night and put the shutters down. This guy who came into the shop the next day descibed how he had parked outside the shop and saw the oul lad putting the shutters down and went off about his business. So half an hour latter when the oul lad headed home he discovered his car had been done and this guys had been done so it must have happened in that half hour. We checked another businesses outside camera's for that time period and sure enough a gang of skangers are seen doing yer mans car outside the shop and heading off up the road to do the rest. Unfortunately the camera only got the back of their baseball cap, hoody wearing heads. Scum!! :D:D TBH I don't think it was a vendetta. Like I said just some scumbags idea of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What you need is an anti-personnel landmine. These are now illegal in most countries so there should be plenty of surplus stock available. You might need to adjust the sensitivity and set it somewhere above someone leaning on the door and lower that the SIPS. They touch your car, they have no door left (then again neither would you). :)
    Originally posted by Silvera
    I too hate when people bang against your car (I have at least 5 little dents/marks on my car) not to mention the time when some dope pushed in the front wheelarch on my cars wing :mad:
    I reckon it was a builder in a jeep who was parked beside me earlier - I can just imagine him reversing out, locking too hard, hitting my car and probably didn't even notice :( (Luckily it pushed out and is not too noticable).
    Walking home the other night I saw a taxi driver trying to push out the panel of his passenger side door. In jest, I told him "make sure you get all the blood stains as well".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

I know that street in Bray alright Calibos. I can't think of any point at which two cars could actually pass by each other! The street is that narrow due to parking on both sides.

As for touch up paint, Neil_Sedaka told me that you can get touch up paint made to the exact colour of your car based on the VIN plate. I can't remember if this is from the manufacturer or a third party or if it applies to all makes. Maybe if he's reading this he could remind me. Cheers.

Advertisement