Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I suck on Modern Warfare

• 05-11-2019 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Ive just bought the game, My KD ratio is like 0.20 or something ridiculous. Im getting slaughtered match after match. My KD ratio on WW2 was 1.9 or something. I was away from COD games for a good few years started olaying COD's last 6 months or so but im struggling badly with the new one. Any tips or advice on how to better my gameplay and any good tips? Im not sure if theres any options I can change I have aim assist off I dont want that. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Ive just bought the game, My KD ratio is like 0.20 or something ridiculous. Im getting slaughtered match after match. My KD ratio on WW2 was 1.9 or something. I was away from COD games for a good few years started olaying COD's last 6 months or so but im struggling badly with the new one. Any tips or advice on how to better my gameplay and any good tips? Im not sure if theres any options I can change I have aim assist off I dont want that. Thanks

I havent played a proper spurt of MP since black ops to be honest, got it the bank holidyay weekend and just kept playing.

Practice practice practice, only way to improve and keep reflexes up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just camp like everyone else. the TTK is stupid so dont go out in the open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

Learn the maps, it's not like other COD games where it follows a 3 lane rule. I'm playing this like I would have COD4 and I keep to moving around the perimiter of the map and flanking. Definitely move more cautiously than previous iterations as there's a lot of traffic combined with camping.

Flash/stun etc are a great help at flushing people out if you think there's someone nearby.

You can get access to different areas by climbing, use this to your advantage as a lot of people try and pin down a location, if you can flank and climb in behind them you should pick up a few kills.

You can throw grenades through the ventilation fans on the sides of buildings.

I'm on pc so maybe this bis easier for me but I tend to hip fire as I'm pulling up to aim. I like to try and get some hits in close quarters before aiming properly. Doesn't always work but you get a head start.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Nodferatu wrote: »

You gotta turn the assit back on for a start because you are putting yourself at a disadvantage straight away by not having it on, everyone else has it on.
    It is not what you think, it doesn't auto aim for you, it just slows down your gun speed when you scan across an area and your reticle comes near an enemy. It is only a slight help. Also, the game is very campy at the moment because the footstep noise volume is through the roof, they will have to patch that as it is encouraging extremely campy play.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Camping is now effectively a game mechanic, it is now very hard to freely run across any open areas due to the insanely quick time to kill.

I would highly advise the following when starting off:

1. M4 - best gun in the game, use it as most others will be! The PKM (LMG) is also a great weapon with very high damage output, range and ammo capacity.

2. Use claymores, leave them at doors behind you and to cover any potential flanks, players often use the 'Dead Silence' ability so you might not hear people creeping up behind you.

3. Use headphones, probably one of the most important things, footsteps came sometimes be heard across the map - flip-side also bear this in mind when moving, crouching can reduce the noise you make.

4. Map Knowledge - again key point, most buildings and streets have at least three sometimes four entry points, try to learn the most used routes by players and exploit this.

5. Perks, once unlocked equip Ghost ASAP and also use Overkill to carry an extra weapon (the 725 shotgun is unbelievable weapon to have to supplement an AR (usually M4/AK) for clearing rooms and close quarter engagements).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

MW is a campers dream. Sit in a house for the match to get those killz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Homelander

Just play kill confirmed, hardpoint, domination modes, where there's less camping. Even groundwar is quite good. I detest TDM in this game, I don't mind people using strategic positions or defending a point or whatever, but dickheads everywhere just hiding crouched down, motionless, in random corners waiting for people to walk past.

It's a great MP game in general but will never understand how people get any enjoyment from camping like that?

Other than that I find Overkill with Kilo 141 and shotgun the perfect combo, I'm not brilliant at the game but think my k/d is something like 1.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    Just camp like everyone else. the TTK is stupid so dont go out in the open.

TTK is the best part about it imo, never really liked cos as it was bullet spongey.

This one is actually not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think they need to tweak the Spotter perk, even with it on I'm not getting proper visual queues for enemy equipment, and still find myself running into claymores, never had this problem on previous games and it would be obvious.

Still enjoying it though, i'm up to Level 57 so working my way towards 155 before the season ends, whenever that'll be! I'm also pretty sure I've missed a few hints during unlocking, only discovered the perk mastery or whatever it's called, where you get 3 more perks for the 4th, 5th and 6th kill instead of killstreaks in one life. I'm aware of the double field upgrade thingy too, but other than that I may be missing out on some.

I also think they need to rejig the customisation, I spent a good 10 minutes last night equipping weapon after weapon to check for the green dot showing something unlocked. Need to be able to click a button and see what that refers to (I'm a bit OCD about having no green dots showing!).

dreamers75 wrote: »
    TTK is the best part about it imo, never really liked cos as it was bullet spongey.

This one is actually not bad.

Then again you always played noobcore :P

Ive actually grown to really like the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

See, I think a lot of people are dismissing this too soon. There's a fantastic game in there, but it still needs some tweaking. No FPS is perfect when it first comes out, BF has had rocky starts, same with Titanfall iirc. I'm well happy with the purchase!

Ill be honest the TTK was my only issue but once i put that to the back of my mind literally everything else is fantastic.
    Ground war needs some love , spawning interface is terrible, killstreak spam with 64 players is just madness but other than that ive no complaints.
    Best COD since its glory days of COD1, CODUO and COD4 modern warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Then again you always played noobcore :P

If I shoot someone in the face with a gun I expect them to die, not run off heal and then shoot me!!!!!! :pac:

Hardcore in MW is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rayans

Same here brother...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bigjez79

Pretty similar position in that I took a few years off gaming and started back with a new console , xb1 , at the time, and never got the feel for MW. 0.67 on Warzone and it will never get much better as I have played alot but never get better. Best games I've had on it is with moderate NAT. I'm better on CW and that just feel more right to me when aiming/ shooting. I honestly feel there is something more at play than just sbmm in that game. Sometimes unloading clips but then I get the very odd game... one per week where I turn shoot and they're dead. Don't know what it is. Ping, speed, EOMM but I keep saying there is something wrong for me as the experience is horrible. I play all the time but have no enjoyment of the game. I enjoy Cold War though but that's giving me issues recently. I may have to leave Virgin and try FTTH as it feels like it's an ISP issue.

Advertisement