Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WW2 megabitch thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Can anybody tell me why people play war and on the breakout map when defending the ammo cache they build the walls near their own spawn first instead of the walls near the enemy spawn first.

All it means is that the enemy can run in and plant the bomb while I have to blow up the F**king walls to get in, or else try and flank all the way around the compound.

Was in 2 different lobbies last night that it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

heroics wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me why people play war and on the breakout map when defending the ammo cache they build the walls near their own spawn first instead of the walls near the enemy spawn first.
    I wish had a more helpful explanation but people are just stupid for the most part
    All it means is that the enemy can run in and plant the bomb while I have to blow up the F**king walls to get in, or else try and flank all the way around the compound.

For what it's worth if you find yourself in this situation again you can shoot the bomb right after it's planted to blow it up straight away and save yourself a few seconds rather than waiting for the timer. Comes in handy on the attacking side too to get the jump on charlie

x43r0 wrote: »

For what it's worth if you find yourself in this situation again you can shoot the bomb right after it's planted to blow it up straight away and save yourself a few seconds rather than waiting for the timer. Comes in handy on the attacking side too to get the jump on charlie

Cheers for that didn't realise you could do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

shotguns way over powered..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Shotguns overpowered? ^

Wgj20Ju.jpg

• Advertisement

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    shotguns way over powered..

I don’t think I’ve been playing the same game. Because I find them useless. Getting the daily 15 kills with shotguns is painful. Half the time the guy with a shovel kills you from further away than a shotgun 1 shots you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can't get a ****ing game :(:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

everlast75 wrote: »
    Can't get a ****ing game :(:(

What platform are you on?

On PS4 and no issues this evening.

F1ngers wrote: »
    What platform are you on?

On PS4 and no issues this evening.

Xbox- working now after 10 mins of logging on and off

I think Gibraltar is my least favourite map

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

Loaded up CoD to give caratan a run out....turnt it off 5 minutes later , just couldn't be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Loaded up CoD to give caratan a run out....turnt it off 5 minutes later , just couldn't be bothered.

I really don’t see the attraction of the map I’ve had a few goes on it as a season pass holder and it is too full of campy buildings. Not a favourite of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Sniper and shotgun hell..

I really don’t see the attraction of the map I’ve had a few goes on it as a season pass holder and it is too full of campy buildings. Not a favourite of mine

Yeah, I was never a huge fan of it including its remake Chinatown in MW and MWR.

Same tried it out tonight for the double XP and tbh hated it. Went back to normal rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭finglashoop

The amount of players taking hits in hardcore is ridiculous. Beyond a joke at this stage

The amount of players taking hits in hardcore is ridiculous. Beyond a joke at this stage

I got a hit marker with one of the snipers this morning in hardcore Dom. Didn’t think that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I got a hit marker with one of the snipers this morning in hardcore Dom. Didn’t think that was possible.

Its shockingly bad.

Xbox - can't get a ****ing game again :(:(

Starting to get fairly fed up with this game now. War is the only mode that’s ok and that’s getting monotonous with only 3 maps.

Every game of tdm is a sweat fest. If I’m not using ppsh/fg/bar I get destroyed. Played 3 games in a row. Different lobbies and all finished within less than 5 kills 75-73 75-72 75-74. 3 different lobbies.

In all the other cods I could at least mess around with other guns and have fun. Got dark matter in bo3 and some of the weapons were rough but most were usable.

Starting to feel like going back to bo3

• Advertisement

I would be playing BO3 if I didn't keep getting the 0 to 50 matches thing, I can never join a match on the game. It's been about 5 months since I've been able to play the BO3 MP as a result of this.

As for WW2, I'm getting annoyed of the low amount of maps and seeing the DLC, only 3 MP maps.... like COME ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Does anyone know the activity or if hacks are persistent in previous COD's? I know World at War has been unplayable for years and MW3 had a few hackers but it was still playable a couple of years ago. I'd really like to give something like Black Ops 1 a go again if the lobbies were grand for the most part.

Does anyone know the activity or if hacks are persistent in previous COD's? I know World at War has been unplayable for years and MW3 had a few hackers but it was still playable a couple of years ago. I'd really like to give something like Black Ops 1 a go again if the lobbies were grand for the most part.

I play Black Ops 1 quite often on Xbox One and it seems fine to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

The last old cod I played was MW2...sh1t loads of hackers but it was possible to get in decent lobbys with none but was over a year ago.

Its a shame WaW has been fecked for years as it was one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thanks I'll give BO1 a go later.
    The last old cod I played was MW2...sh1t loads of hackers but it was possible to get in decent lobbys with none but was over a year ago.

Its a shame WaW has been fecked for years as it was one of my favourites.
    Same my favourite COD. Shame it is as I'd be still playing it now.

I think I’m done with cod ww2. Every lobby is a sweat fest. If I don’t use stg bar or ppsh I get sh1t on and even with them I have to go full try hard nearly every lobby just to go even or slightly positive. GG also showed how absolutely f**king useless most of the guns are. Even when all players show as 3 bar the game seems laggy as f*ck as well

Going back to BLOPS3 I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I think I’m done with cod ww2. Every lobby is a sweat fest. If I don’t use stg bar or ppsh I get sh1t on and even with them I have to go full try hard nearly every lobby just to go even or slightly positive. GG also showed how absolutely f**king useless most of the guns are. Even when all players show as 3 bar the game seems laggy as f*ck as well

Going back to BLOPS3 I reckon
    Only 11 months to go until Treyarch save the franchise :D

Only 11 months to go until Treyarch save the franchise :D

I can never pin down what it is about Treyarch's mp I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I started Battlefield 1 over the Christmas period, and I'm usually a CoD fanboy over Battlefield, but Battlefield won this one by far. They went back and still made it feel original, whereas CoD felt like a reskinned WaW, and had a old feel to it. I've already put more time into it than I did WWII. I know they've had a lot more time to refine it, but very poor CoD this time around. I had a feeling I wouldn't like it, it's too familiar, with nothing new worth mentioning. Add in all the problems as outlined above and in the other thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,036 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I like WW2 but would love if Treyarch came back with literally an updated Black Ops without jetpacks or whatever. BO3 would have been very close to great without the boosters so hopefully they're gone this time.

Editing this to say how much I hate shotguns.

Advertisement