Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty | WWII | News & Rumours

• 13-01-2017 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Said I would set this thread up for Sledgehammer's turn at the franchise. After the negative reception from the community on Infinite Warfare the pressure will be on the developer to give us a decent "boots on the ground" Call of Duty this year rumour has it that it could possibly be a Vietnam war based game and will Activison bundle it with a remaster of MW2 to keep sales up? This very old school tweet from Sledgehammer for the New Year was with all the gears and cogs suggest an old school game if you remember last year IW tweeted a Happy New Year with a spaceman photo

https://twitter.com/shgames/status/815467614445051904
    Also this Xmas tweet from Michael Condrey which is an old school pistol
    https://twitter.com/michaelcondrey/status/813141102144286720

So let's hope 2017's Call of Duty is a major improvement over this year's disaster (Infinty Ward need to be dropped from the franchise)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I would love remasters of old COD games but Activision really make me not want to at the same time. Like imagine getting a BO2 remaster? My favourite game of all-time remastered would be a great thing, wouldn't it? Well not really because Activision will ruin it with all this customization **** and supply drops :mad:. Same with MW2, I don't want a remaster of it for those reasons.

I'm not a huge fan of Sledgehammer. The only thing I loved about MW3 was spec ops survival and I especially loved it on Resistance. Other than that, a very mediocre game for me. I did not like AW at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Infinite Warfare isn't that bad, definitely not a 'disaster'. I'm not saying it's brilliant (though the campaign was great) but it was pretty OK and the sales for it are strong - so of course they'll keep making COD titles as long as that remains true. Even Ghosts was OK, the weakest in the series for me but still entertaining enough to justify the price tag. No primary COD game has failed to make Activision countless millions so they'll keep churning them out with regularity until it's not a viable model anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

This could be fake news although I'd be very happy if it was real supposedly called Call of Duty People's Army looks like it's set in Vietnam, anonymous tweeter captured at some event
    https://twitter.com/766f6e7461/status/821210462964580352
    Menus video below
    https://twitter.com/766f6e7461/status/821213665282166785
    Could be fake but hope it isn't!

It's fake they used some clips from Bad Company 2 etc still praying for a Vietnam based COD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

When are upcoming COD titles usually announced ?

• Advertisement

Activision confirmed that Call of Duty will return to its roots. Every youtuber I've seen is saying "COD 2017 Boots on the Ground confirmed". They did not mention Boots on the Ground but they did mention that they will return to COD's old roots.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Activision confirmed that Call of Duty will return to its roots. Every youtuber I've seen is saying "COD 2017 Boots on the Ground confirmed". They did not mention Boots on the Ground but they did mention that they will return to COD's old roots.

I would say Korean to Vietnam based game from Sledgehammer it should play like MWR as that's using the Advanced Warfare engine. I have total confidence in Sledgehammer games in delivering a decent game this year.
    I am going to miss my jet packs :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

If that's the case then why won't the powers that be make a proper Vietnam game ?

If that's the case then why won't the powers that be make a proper Vietnam game ?

I personally think it wiill be Vietnam this year with Treyarch doing World at War 2 next year

• Advertisement

So new update boys Charlieintel saying that leaked artwork are suggesting the next cod will be called Call Of Duty World War II
    https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/845435968618463236

So new update boys Charlieintel saying that leaked artwork are suggesting the next cod will be called Call Of Duty World War II
    https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/845435968618463236

Looks as fake as People's Army and Chemical Warfare are to me.

No this is looking like it's very legit here is a post in response to Driftor calling it fake
    https://twitter.com/thunders7ruck/status/845442589134336000

Also very interesting remark from an interview with Michael Condrey one of the Sledgehammer heads from 2014
    https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/845451195980435457

Firstly, who is this Thunder guy? I have never heard of him. And look at the comments people are saying on the Tweet, they are agreeing with me in saying it's fake.

Driftor is correct in saying that the font looks custom and fake, it definitely does and also, a Call of Duty with the title of WWII? Why would they name a Call of Duty like that? There has been 4 Call of Duty games set during World War II: COD 1, COD 2, COD 3 and WaW. Why would they name COD 2017 that if there has been 4 Call of Duty games set during World War II?

I already know about that tweet from Sledgehammer back in 2014, they want a COD to be set in WWII, that does not mean the name for COD 2017 will be WWII.

Firstly, who is this Thunder guy? I have never heard of him. And look at the comments people are saying on the Tweet, they are agreeing with me in saying it's fake.

Driftor is correct in saying that the font looks custom and fake, it definitely does and also, a Call of Duty with the title of WWII? Why would they name a Call of Duty like that? There has been 4 Call of Duty games set during World War II: COD 1, COD 2, COD 3 and WaW. Why would they name COD 2017 that if there has been 4 Call of Duty games set during World War II?

I already know about that tweet from Sledgehammer back in 2014, they want a COD to be set in WWII, that does not mean the name for COD 2017 will be WWII.

Suggest you check out his YouTube channel he is like the Godfather of the YouTube COD community,he wouldn't lie about something like this. If he knows someone Alpha testing then he is telling the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Call of Duty: WWII seems like an incredibly stupid and unlikely title. It would be better if they took a leaf from Battlefield's book and went with something like "Call of Duty: 1944" or whatever year it's set.

Hope it's true from a concept point of view at least. A WW2 COD would be the first games I'd be genuinely hyped for since around the time of MW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I for one would be ecstatic with a WAW2. WAW was the best COD imo.

So just a small update from CharlieIntel but both IGN and Eurofamer have posted articles that their sources have confirmed to them that this year's game is going to be called Call Of Duty WWII.
    Just some other clues that confirm WWII settings are both KontrolFreeks and MegaBlocs have announced WWII themed products. Also Sledgehammer have released 4 or 5 bonus weapons in Advanced Warfare from World War 2 including the MP40, M1 Gerand etc.
    This is looking very legit compared to some of the previous fake leaks which were quickly de-bunked.
    So it's back to World War II we go!

So just a small update from CharlieIntel but both IGN and Eurofamer have posted articles that their sources have confirmed to them that this year's game is going to be called Call Of Duty WWII.
    Just some other clues that confirm WWII settings are both KontrolFreeks and MegaBlocs have announced WWII themed products. Also Sledgehammer have released 4 or 5 bonus weapons in Advanced Warfare from World War 2 including the MP40, M1 Gerand etc.
    This is looking very legit compared to some of the previous fake leaks which were quickly de-bunked.
    So it's back to World War II we go!

Again, the only reason why I don't believe it (until actual confirmation from Activision and Sledgehammer) is because how weird the title "COD WWII" is.

• Advertisement

Again, the only reason why I don't believe it (until actual confirmation from Activision and Sledgehammer) is because how weird the title "COD WWII" is.

True maybe the title will change as the artwork leaked whet just mock ups of the steel books but I'd be 99 percent certain now that the game will be set in WW2.

If true I hope we get to see some classic maps in the style of W@W's multiplayer ones. No gimmicks or mazes like they have been since after MW3. Less is more. Case in point:

maxresdefault.jpg

No clutter just a straight forward great map. W@W had some stinkers like Roundhouse, Seelow, & Outskirts but the rest of them were all terrific.

Also, there was no sway on sniper rifles with iron sights which was great. BO2 had a snipe with irons but it swayed too much to take out anyone who was far away which rendered it practically useless (and the hit detection was crap). Hope it reverts back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm looking forward to the change, even though i've loved nearly every CoD so far, and Infinite Warfare is a lot better than most people think. It will take a bit of getting used to not being able to wall run or boost jump, etc, but i'm interested to know how this is going to pan out.

And i disagree with Novi above, i think they need to nerf the sniper rifles more, because you should not be able to quick scope with a sniper rifle. Accuracy should be shocking until you ready, aim, exhale. Quick scoping can ruin these games. I haven't even touched a sniper rifle in IW because it's pointless as there are no maps really suitable for sniping unless you're able to quick scope.

My bad I should have elaborated more. I mean iron sights/bayonet with sniper rifles such as this gameplay. You'll notice when the player aims down the sights there's no weapon sway. It's barely noticeable in the COD's that followed (such as BO2) but when you are trying to shoot across a great distance with this set-up it makes it unnecessarily a lot harder.

In BO2 no-one bothered to use it compared to W@W. The Mosin-Nagant w/ irons was my most used COD gun. I loved it.

If true I hope we get to see some classic maps in the style of W@W's multiplayer ones. No gimmicks or mazes like they have been since after MW3. Less is more. Case in point:

maxresdefault.jpg

No clutter just a straight forward great map. W@W had some stinkers like Roundhouse, Seelow, & Outskirts but the rest of them were all terrific.

Also, there was no sway on sniper rifles with iron sights which was great. BO2 had a snipe with irons but it swayed too much to take out anyone who was far away which rendered it practically useless (and the hit detection was crap). Hope it reverts back to it.

I would not be surprised if Treyarch give us W@W2 next year it seems to be "in for a penny in for a pound" with Activison the last e Cod's have been future based that's not selling so let's do the next 3 games in the past.

It's confirmed, Call of Duty WW2 is the name of COD 2017 and the worldwide reveal trailer will be posted at 10am PDT on Wednesday, April 26th which is 5pm GMT on Wednesday for us.

ftzb9gfuujsrqenaq8d2.png

So the rumours and box art that leaked were spot on!
    Just need the release dates which will probably be November 3rd so I can book a few days off work
    Bring it on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So the rumours and box art that leaked were spot on!
    Just need the release dates which will probably be November 3rd so I can book a few days off work
    Bring it on :D

The term 'MARK' applies here.

I love how people are willing to dump money onto such a scumbag company with such sh1tty practices

It's why stuff like the below exist.
    [IMG][/img]26D90UC.png

Delighted that we have a retro COD again. I'd love if they brought back the voice actors from W@W. They were top notch. Just HOPE that the MP maps are good again. I'm so sick of the current layouts. They suck. Also, my arguments in the last page about the sniper rifles with iron sights.
    SeantheMan wrote: »

I love how people are willing to dump money onto such a scumbag company with such sh1tty practices

[IMG][/img]26D90UC.png
    Their marketing team are idiots. Sales have been dropping steadily since MW3 since after that they start bringing in these ridiculous things like supply drops etc. The games have gotten steadily worse since then also and you'd have to wonder how you can mess up something when you have a great blueprint.

Look at Rocket League for example. It's one of the most popular games atm (far outweighing COD with online MP) and they gave the game as a free to PS+ users one month (20e without). They also bring out new free content, maps, and gamemodes regularly free of charge. They only thing you can buy are new cars for 2e, but they are just any other car playability-wise, they just look different. But even in-game you can trade with friends and mod your cars to whatever way you fancy. The difference.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »

[IMG][/img]26D90UC.png

Whatever! Noone has to buy the DLC or supply drops if they don't want to!
    I can't speak for MWR but in IW they gave away the base versions of DLC guns and you can just play and earn they keys to buy supply drops, it's a lot better then Black Ops 3 system.
    The Variety mappack fiasco was a misstep by Activison. But you really don't have to buy any DLC and still enjoy the games.

Delighted that we have a retro COD again. I'd love if they brought back the voice actors from W@W. They were top notch. Just HOPE that the MP maps are good again. I'm so sick of the current layouts. They suck. Also, my arguments in the last page about the sniper rifles with iron sights.

Their marketing team are idiots. Sales have been dropping steadily since MW3 since after that they start bringing in these ridiculous things like supply drops etc. The games have gotten steadily worse since then also and you'd have to wonder how you can mess up something when you have a great blueprint.

Look at Rocket League for example. It's one of the most popular games atm (far outweighing COD with online MP) and they gave the game as a free to PS+ users one month (20e without). They also bring out new free content, maps, and gamemodes regularly free of charge. They only thing you can buy are new cars for 2e, but they are just any other car playability-wise, they just look different. But even in-game you can trade with friends and mod your cars to whatever way you fancy. The difference.

Off topic but should I really buy Rocket League? I got it as a free trial one weekend and I loved it but I only got to play a little. Is it worth it?

I really want to buy the Variety map pack for MWR to play those maps 'cause after all, I think each of them are excellent. I have not done so due to the price.

Off topic but should I really buy Rocket League? I got it as a free trial one weekend and I loved it but I only got to play a little. Is it worth it?
    It's the best online multiplayer I've played since MW3 or Tekken Tag Tournament 2, so about five years give or take. It plays as games should. Easy to take up but an incredibly high skill ceiling. I'd say definitely give the game some time! Some of the games can get so unbelievably intense and teamwork is everything. Nothing like hitting a great goal or crucial save.

If you want to team up any time let us know. 👍

I really want to buy the Variety map pack for MWR to play those maps 'cause after all, I think each of them are excellent. I have not done so due to the price.

I reckon they will drop in price in the coming months then again if it's selling well at €15 I apparantly It is selling well on PS4 and just dropped on. Xbox One so might be a while.

Though we knew this would be the date, November 3rd is the confirmed date for the release of Call of Duty WWII.

• Advertisement

Does anyone remember when they release gameplay footage usually?

Does anyone remember when they release gameplay footage usually?

E3 I think so June 13th this year. Take this with a pinch of salt, I'm not 100% sure or even 50% sure.

5 minutes to go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Haven't bought a COD since Blops but think I'll be back on it for this. Trailer looks good and a lack of jet packs etc is definitely a seller. About time really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

America saves the world part 37. Be nice for once to play a WW2 game not focused on the Yanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm excited. Will be a big change from the current CoD's, but if done right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Bought infinite warfare and never even switched it on, enjoyed the break from wall running and futuristic stuff. Really looking forward to this now, did they mention when the beta would be out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

for the first time ever, thinking of ordering the 99e pre-order with beta testing...

Simply Red wrote: »
    Bought infinite warfare and never even switched it on, enjoyed the break from wall running and futuristic stuff. Really looking forward to this now, did they mention when the beta would be out?

I would say Sledgehammer are on the ball and like Treyarch did with Black Ops 3 it will be around the middle of August. We will see the Multiplayer at E3 in the second week of June so we should know by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

everlast75 wrote: »
    for the first time ever, thinking of ordering the 99e pre-order with beta testing...

Yeah it looks good. Back to basics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Makes me pine for a reboot of Brothers in arms more than anything else. Although it is a long time since i played a COD has the gameplay changed at all over the years?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Makes me pine for a reboot of Brothers in arms more than anything else. Although it is a long time since i played a COD has the gameplay changed at all over the years?

How long to be specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

How long to be specific?

BLOPS 2

weiland79 wrote: »
    BLOPS 2

Lots of things have changed with the futuristic CODs but with COD WWII, we're most likely not going to see these features ESPECIALLY NOT JETPACKS, EXO SUITS and all that bull****.

Supply drops were introduced in Advanced Warfare. Instead of being able to buy camo packs like in Black Ops 2 or Ghosts, you now have to get them out of these supply drops which are "crates" in game where you can receive 3 different things using the in-game currency. For Black Ops 3, the in-game currency was called Cryptokeys, Infinite Warfare's is called Keys etc. For 10 of the in-game currency, you get to purchase a COMMON supply drop which guarantees a common item. You sometimes get rare, epic or legendary items. For 30 of the in-game currency, you get to purchase a RARE supply drop which guarantees a rare items. You sometimes get epic or legendary items. In the supply drops, you can get variants, camos, specialist gear, taunts, gestures and most infamous one, WEAPONS. Weapons are extremely rare to get and are completely luck based getting them out of Supply Drops. You could spend up to $1000s of money and not get even one weapon or you can be very lucky and get a ton. Pay to win basically is what supply drops are. Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered has improved on the supply drops however so that it's not ALL pay to win bull****. In Infinite Warfare, you are given ranged weapons for free, if you have the season pass and in Modern Warfare Remastered, you get to build your weapons using Depot parts which you get out of supply drops. You can also get the parts to build the weapons out of supply drops. I'm sure you have heard of supply drops at least at one stage because they were so hated by COD players including myself.

Specialist/Combat Rig characters have been introduced since Black Ops 3 but I'd doubt they would come back in COD WWII so I won't talk about them.

COD is going back to its roots in WWII so you shouldn't worry too much about the crazy innovation they have made since Black Ops 2. Supply drops will of no doubt be coming back however as Activision earns a lot of money from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BarrysLife

does anyone know if gamestop in ireland are giving the hat along with pre-orders or is that a US only exclusive?

• Advertisement
Advertisement